Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Multitype Card: Action-Duration-Reaction-Victory  (Read 1110 times)

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
  • Respect: +932
    • View Profile
Multitype Card: Action-Duration-Reaction-Victory
« on: August 20, 2012, 03:55:18 pm »

I came up with a pretty crazy card for Contest #11, but since it wasn't on the short list of approved types, rink couldn't accept it. I think it's fairly interesting so I figured I'd make a topic to hear what people think.

Fertile Lands - $4
Action-Duration-Reaction-Victory
1VP
Now and at the start of your next turn: +$1
Reveal cards from your deck until you reveal a victory card. Set it aside and return it to your hand at the start of your next turn. Discard the other revealed cards.
-----
Whenever you reveal this from your deck, you may reveal this card to play it immediately.

First of all, the coloration on this thing would be a mess. But I couldn't really think of a way to simplify much while keeping the function of the card. I liken it somewhat to a terminal venture, though the original intent was something like a pseudo-island, a way to remove VP from the reshuffles. It has some other minor combos with some cards like Scout and Venture while acting as a counter to Spy and Scrying Pool.

Rules clarifications:

Upon revealing the card as a reaction, it goes into play immediately, but it doesn't begin resolving until whatever caused it to be revealed finishes resolving. So if it's revealed as a reaction after playing Scout, you put cards in your hand and reorder your deck first before resolving Fertile Land.

This card is revealed from the deck before it can be revealed as a reaction. So if it's revealed with Farming Village, Farming Village found an action card and does not keep digging, even if you put FL directly into play and not into your hand.

This is a tricky one, but when an opponent plays Spy, you can reveal this card and put it into play on their turn. It won't have any effect until your turn but otherwise acts the same as if you'd revealed it as a reaction on your own turn. It doesn't take your turn's action.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

One Armed Man

• Tactician
  • Respect: +88
    • View Profile
Re: Multitype Card: Action-Duration-Reaction-Victory
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 04:24:07 pm »

It is so complicated. What it gets you, +$2, filtering (?) and VP deserves a 4 cost by itself. It has a very complicated result when played as a reaction (why does it give +$1 on another players turn with a Spy/ Duchess/ Rabble/ Scrying Pool?).

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
  • Respect: +932
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 04:34:28 pm »

It looks complicated but I actually think in practice it wouldn't be so bad. I don't know for sure, but basically you play it and look for another VP card, and if it's another one of these then it probably makes sense to play it unless you're manipulating a reshuffle or something. I can't think of very many circumstances when you wouldn't want to reveal it as a reaction.

Lemme give you a sample turn to show you how it could come into play on an opponent's turn. Let's say you and me are playing a game.

One Armed Man's turn: One Armed Man plays a Rabble. Dsell reveals a copper, silver, and a Fertile Lands. Dsell reveals Fertile Lands as a reaction (Rabble revealed it from my deck), putting it into play. Dsell discards a copper and a silver.

Dsell's turn: Oh there's a Fertile Lands in play! I have +$1. I reveal cards from my deck until I find a Province. I set it aside. (Think of it as a duration I put into play on my last turn even though it's doing its first turn stuff. On my next turn, the province would go into my hand and I would get +$1 again. So it's almost like it stays out for 3 turns, but really more like 2 and a half.) After the Fertile Lands that was put into play on your turn is resolved, I play my turn as usual.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

One Armed Man

• Tactician
  • Respect: +88
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 05:53:28 pm »

Fertile Lands 2- $5
Action-Reaction-Victory
1VP
+$2
Reveal cards from your deck until you reveal a victory card. Draw or discard it. Discard the other revealed cards.
-----
Whenever you reveal this from your deck, you may gain a Silver, placing it in your hand. If you do, discard a card.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.728 seconds with 21 queries.