Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Chancellor bane  (Read 1075 times)

methods of rationality

• Bishop
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
Chancellor bane
« on: July 29, 2012, 02:29:44 pm »

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201207/29/game-20120729-112441-b5b8e227.html
Should we buy chancellor as the bane? I thought yes, but loss. Its a similar question to any other terminal silver really.
What other mistakes did I make?

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3391
    • View Profile
Re: Chancellor bane
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 02:49:39 pm »

You definitely do NOT want the Bane. Watchtower is the same level of protection, and better for your deck. A Native Village/Watchtower engine looks like a clear winner to me, which is what your opponent did. So it's no surprise that you have a bunch of Curses by the end, and he doesn't.

With a defense like Watchtower, and excellent trashing, this looks to me like a board where you might be able to get away with skipping Young Witch entirely.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Young Nick

• Minion
  • Respect: +275
    • View Profile
Re: Chancellor bane
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 07:17:37 pm »

I figure that for either deck, Apprentice would be huge. Apprentice killing Coppers and Curses is fine for the NV/Watchtower as it decreases your hand size. Upgrade is nice in that no matter what card you trash, it brings your hands size down by one, but it lacks the boom that Apprentice has in the end-game. I'm surprised neither of you picked up more. I don't think your deck was as bad as Robz stated, but I probably would have skipped YW, too.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.147 seconds with 20 queries.