Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 64  All

Author Topic: Mafia VIII: Pirates of the Pearl Coast - Day 6 Started. PM for QT.  (Read 148461 times)

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia VIII: Pirates of the Pearl Coast - Day 3 Started. PM for QT.
« Reply #950 on: August 27, 2012, 01:02:11 pm »

TOP OF THE PAGE!!

ehunt(1): Captain_Frisk
Robz888(1): Insomniac
yuma(1): Eevee

Not Voting(6): Robz888, O, yuma, theorel, ehunt, Galzria

with 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.

Deadline is Friday 31th, 10pm.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: August 27, 2012, 01:09:54 pm »

What do you guys think? I was hoping to be able to clear Robz or Insomniac based on the "there are too many people that want their lynch" argument, but Yuma/CF made that impossible. However I DO find it interesting that CF/Yuma are the only two willing to not really consider them today. But because of that, I actually find it highly unlikely that either Robz, or Insomniac are scum - because if either one is then their scumbuddies are in plain sight - and I don't think scum would play that obviously.

Ok - so I don't want to let you characterize me as being not willing to consider them today.  As of my post last night - neither of them had added anything since Day 1.  I had originally written that I'd be "willing" to lynch either - but with a mislynch and a misfiring vig, we lose - so I had to downgrade my language.

One potential problem with clearing both of them (RobZ and Insomniac) is that it basically means that scum managed to push 3 simultaneous town wagons.  That feels slightly improbable to me - but its more of a gut feel than anything else.  I just can't really say that I consider either of them more scummy than the others.

I do however - extremely dislike eHunt clearing O.  However, upon further reflection it seems way too obvious bad play to be scum.  Have any scum ever pulled something like this off? 

Unvote

I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: August 27, 2012, 01:13:13 pm »

I should say that for Robz and Insomniac I never felt that their behavior was consistent with the suspicions put at them. Insomniac's 95% sure perks me up, but is so reminiscent of timchen in MVII that I am hesitant to go down that road.  My reads of them through D2 and D1 aren't lynch worthy, but if things change today they could still be considered, it is current behavior tied in with past that I am looking at. Not just past behavior.

Galz I looked a bit at you last night, but didn't post anything before I shut down my computer--dumb move--I didn't find much of anything to make you my ideal choice for day 3 lynching. My "FOS" of you and Frisk wasn't a true fos. It was more me telling the community who I was specifically going to go back and reread to develop more solid leads. I didn't find anything worth pursuing however.

My next two that I want to reread on are theorel and eevee.

PPE: Frisk--again we are on a similar page in regard to robz and insomniac

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: August 27, 2012, 01:14:02 pm »

I wrote it first this time!

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: August 27, 2012, 04:08:49 pm »

Or how about O, who D1 called me out for either breadcrumbing Tracker, or being scum breadcrumbing for a fakeclaim later - but after the Tracker died, dropped the case that I was scum breadcrumbing a fakeclaim? Was he just rolefishing D1, trying to get me to confirm/deny so his scumbuddies could decide to shoot me or not at night?
-------------

The point of that was to make sure you couldn't reference the breadcrumb in later days if you wanted to fakeclaim tracker. As the possibility of you fakeclaiming tracker dropped precipitously after the tracker died... well I was left with the "Galz MIGHT of fake breadcrumbed here!!!" which apparently only me and Ehunt even saw as possible.

Plus I apparently didn't understand whatever this pirates v. ninjas thing is.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: August 27, 2012, 04:11:31 pm »

@ Galz, on Robz and Insomniac

I seriously think that scum would be bussing a robz/Insomniac partner as this point. Plus, scum could have said "One of Robz or Insomniac" then tried to focus in on the town one.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: August 27, 2012, 04:13:02 pm »

Plus I apparently didn't understand whatever this pirates v. ninjas thing is.

Well basically everybody thinks one is cooler than the other so you can start a lot of nerd rage arguments with pirates v ninjas.

Unvote

I still think Robz is scum but I will show I'm willing to hear other cases. For instance why is Galz posting mammoth posts that lead him to clearing 2 people and not sure who to suspect.

PPE:

I seriously think that scum would be bussing a robz/Insomniac partner as this point. Plus, scum could have said "One of Robz or Insomniac" then tried to focus in on the town one.

Why not bussing us has worked so far...
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: August 27, 2012, 04:22:01 pm »

That's more true for Robz than Insomniac, since all of the interest on Insomniac is carry over from yesterday when votes actually mattered in forming a wagon. Scum would not have bussed there.

As I noted though, Robz picked up 3 new names today that would vote him: O, eHunt, Theorel. Yes, there could be a busser in there because words alone mean crap.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: August 27, 2012, 04:27:08 pm »

As I noted though, Robz picked up 3 new names today that would vote him: O, eHunt, Theorel. Yes, there could be a busser in there because words alone mean crap.

I disagree that nobody could have been bussing yesterday, and am confused as to your playstyle today.

But sure, you can go busserhunting if we lynch Robz and he flips scum.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: August 27, 2012, 04:34:11 pm »

I disagree that nobody could have been bussing yesterday, and am confused as to your playstyle today.

But sure, you can go busserhunting if we lynch Robz and he flips scum.

You're confused because I'm not going for the likely townies that are all set up? Mmk.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #960 on: August 27, 2012, 04:42:57 pm »

Likely townies my ass.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: August 27, 2012, 04:44:40 pm »

Likely townies my ass.

@Galz
Hypothetical you have to vote O or Robz which do you vote?
Hypothetical you have to vote O or Insomniac which do you vote?

@O
Hypothetical you have to vote Galz or Robz which do you vote?
Hypothetical you have to vote Galz or Insomniac which do you vote?
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: August 27, 2012, 04:47:43 pm »

I'm confused. 

I derail the insomniac / robz wagons by voting lekkit. 

Galz very lightly fos's me (and yuma) for doing so.

Galz now believes that insomniac / robz are likely townies.

Is this correct?  I feel like I'm being carefully set up to be lynched.

Pre OMGUS FOS Galzria

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: August 27, 2012, 04:48:43 pm »

@O

I can't say I know which I vote for at ends day. At this moment in time it's probably Galz because if there's scum among you two he's likely the scum diverting away.

Robz Vs. Insomniac is tied ATM.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: August 27, 2012, 04:49:20 pm »

@O

I can't say I know which I vote for at ends day. At this moment in time it's probably Galz because if there's scum among you two he's likely the scum diverting away.

God damnit O.  Is it so hard to throw a quote tag around what you are quoting?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: August 27, 2012, 04:50:00 pm »

Likely townies my ass.

@Galz
Hypothetical you have to vote O or Robz which do you vote?
Hypothetical you have to vote O or Insomniac which do you vote?

@O

First, toss-up

Second, O, hands down. I don't think I'm seeing scum triples in you/CF/Yuma, and every other living player wanted your head yesterday. Since I absolutely do not believe that bussing would've happened yesterday - when there were three viable wagons and 0 need to bus (not to mention the dangers of doing so... When getting a town lynched was so much more achievable), I cannot imagine you being buddies with anybody on your wagon. That means unless I AM seeing triple-scum in you/CF/Yuma then you can't be scum yourself.

Mafia Record:

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: August 27, 2012, 04:50:53 pm »

@O

I didn't ask out of me and robz it was galz or robz and galz or me

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: August 27, 2012, 04:52:08 pm »

@O

[/quote

I'm allowed to give more info then you asked for. Galz to your questions for recent inane developments, tie taking out galz going back to robz/insomniac.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: August 27, 2012, 04:53:02 pm »

@O

I'm allowed to give more info then you asked for. Galz to your questions for recent inane developments, tie taking out galz going back to robz/insomniac.

THATS WHY I DON'T QUOTEBOX THINGS CF, SEE THAT.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: August 27, 2012, 05:03:23 pm »

Okay, trying to pursue different lines of reasoning. Everybody (except Insomniac, obviously) seems to be pretty carefully making sure not to take sides on me vs. Insomniac too visibly. Why is this?

I know I am town. If Insomniac were scum, his scumbuddies would certainly have started pushing for my head more aggressively. There are plenty of excuses they could make--I seem scummier out of me/Insomniac, I can't even argue with that really. They have every incentive to try and save Insomniac, and the cost isn't too high. Sure, they'd bus Insomniac if he was the more likely lynch, but he isn't. I'm the more likely lynch. That's been clear since yesterday, and the case against me only got stronger.

And yet nobody has stepped up to denounce me, except Insomniac.

This tells me that Insomniac is probably town. Whoever the scum are, they have adopted a "wait-and-see" approach. Because they don't have a preference for who gets lynched among me and Insomniac, they would rather wait it out and see who the townies go for.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: August 27, 2012, 05:32:28 pm »

Phone post. Behind and will post meaningfully tomorrow but want to address one thing: someone says I didn't say yestergameday that i found robz scummy and I don't think that's right (i think I said I found robz scummy but would rather  vote for someone implicated in the day one drama).

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: August 27, 2012, 11:20:59 pm »

sooo.... we were making some real progress here guys... then ehunt posted and everyone goes quiet again--including me--does he just scare us off or something?

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: August 28, 2012, 08:59:57 am »

So, I reread Frisk and yuma, and started to reread Eevee.
One point of interest: yuma asked Frisk to comment on set-up, Frisk passed it to Eevee, who passed it back to yuma.  Each suggested that everyone weigh in by then, but I found it odd that Eevee made a circle of it rather than passing it along.  Another point of interest surrounding that: Eevee and Frisk both suggested that they thought Tracker would not be in the game.  timchen (I think?) started the argument going the other direction...and most other players suggested that Tracker was probably in the game over either 1-shot cop or 2-shot vig.  This is total WIFOM, but I still found it interesting.

Just to warn everyone, I'll be V/LA starting Friday morning.  So I'll be putting in my final vote for the day by then.

After rereading Frisk and yuma, I've got nothing.  I don't like that they pushed the Lekkit wagon over the Insom/Robz wagons, but otherwise I've got very little to go on there.

I've grown pretty suspicious of Eevee (though I still need to reread him).  He picked up 3 votes (post RVS) Day1: volt, cayvie, and myself.  Volt and cayvie are both now confirmed town.  Eevee avoided the Lekkit lynch day1, but took it day2.  Thinking about his post from earlier today:
he starts with: I've been playing terribly, "No wonder you almost lynched me."
and then in the second paragraph goes: "I hadn't realized how much info being wagoned gives you"

This just doesn't make much sense to me.  First, he's never been almost lynched...he's had a highest vote-count of 3 (at least in official vote-counts).  However, he still totally excuses the people that tried to lynch him in the first sentence (reasonable given 2 are confirmed town).  Then in the second paragraph he uses his wagon and alignment to note how Galzria and O must be town for clearing him from his near lynch.  And then goes on to push for the Robz/Insomniac lynch, finally voting for yuma.

Now, given that's a fair portion of the town he's implicating there.  Especially given that the following (living) players have voted for him (once again, in official vote-counts after RVS): Frisk, Theorel, Insomniac.  Excepting bussing (in one form or another) that leaves 2 of ehunt/Galzria/O to be his scumbuddies.  That doesn't make a lot of sense given the Day1 play especially.  So, if Eevee is scum, I think Robz must be scum also, and the willingness to vote, and "scum-read" based on Galzria's towniness is a ploy. 

I'm not sure I'm ready to go down that path yet, so for now I'll just note that Eevee seems scummy alone, but upon further inspections seems slightly less likely to be scum.  I think I'll have to revisit this later.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: August 28, 2012, 09:06:56 am »

Theorel, I passed the theory question back to yuma because I didn't feel he answered his own question which didn't feel right to me (also knew he was online at the time).

I don't think WIFOM'ing over who expected what to be in the setup is going to be useful, unless you feel you are super good at leveling wars.

I stand by my assessment of O and Galzria. Isn't being wagoned informational like I said? Don't you realize how much info you have on me now, I've stated strong town reads on two players and some scum reads too. Almost any flip is going to implicate me one way or another!

I'm sad and surprised no one else sees the yuma case.

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: August 28, 2012, 09:15:41 am »

The point is you're saying basically: "I was really suspicious...town should have wanted to kill me.  O defended me, theorel accused me therefore: O is town"  Doesn't that seem a little contradictory to you? 
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 64  All

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 20 queries.