Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Humor me here  (Read 1933 times)

keanu

• Pawn
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
Humor me here
« on: August 02, 2012, 02:34:46 pm »
+4

dougz

• Isotropic Designer
  • Respect: +440
    • View Profile
    • Online Dominion
Re: Humor me here
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 03:05:53 pm »
+11

I'm not that devious.  :-)

So the basic problem is, the dominion server is hosted at my home (on a Comcast so-called "Business Class" connection) and I moved.  Got the connection set up in the new place on Friday, everything seemed fine, drove the machine over to the new place, changed the DNS to point to the new IP, all seemed well.

Then I started getting emails about connection problems at a higher-than-usual rate.  I poke around and discover lots of packet loss (a low rate constantly, plus frequent bursts of 50-60% loss).  Call Comcast.  A guy comes over Monday afternoon.  "Oh, the <something something> signal is way too low, probably a problem with the main splitter for the building."  He arranges for the maintenance team to come over Tuesday and fiddle the building's junction box.  They do that.  It seemed somewhat better, but then yesterday evening I start getting lots of packet loss again.  I called them this morning.  They're escalating, for what that's worth, they think it's a "line issue" rather than anything inside my house, I have a ticket number, but apart from that I'm just waiting to hear from them.

Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.484 seconds with 21 queries.