Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 61  All

Author Topic: RMM2: Where you will get something. You might like it. SERIAL KILLERS WIN!  (Read 127501 times)

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Role Madness M2 - Where you will get something. You might like it.
« Reply #1225 on: August 22, 2012, 05:15:19 pm »

CF, what did Ironworks do?
Gains a one shot doctor or one shot jailkeep that can be used on subsequent nights.  You can save them up. (I had to ask Morgrim for clarification).  I changed before I could ask him whether or not I could gain and use (a previously gained) a power on the same night.

Your role changed so I don't see any harm in fully claiming what you did so far.

Night 1: Presumably you would have gained 1-shot doc or jailkeep.  Which one did you take?

Night 2: Hey, you should have asked your question at this time!  Why didn't you?  What did you do this night -- doc/jailkeep or gain another shot?

I'll full claim.  I gained jailkeeper.  (Actually, I missed the transition night 1, and I asked morgrim if I could still request it after the fact since it couldn't be used until N2)  I still have it.  I attempted to gain another jailkeep night 2,  figuring that i would save up and then use them when it would count - but then I was shuffled.

I'm now a ghost ship.  I can target someone - and push their night action back a day.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: August 22, 2012, 05:21:35 pm »

CF, what did Ironworks do?
Gains a one shot doctor or one shot jailkeep that can be used on subsequent nights.  You can save them up. (I had to ask Morgrim for clarification).  I changed before I could ask him whether or not I could gain and use (a previously gained) a power on the same night.

Your role changed so I don't see any harm in fully claiming what you did so far.

Night 1: Presumably you would have gained 1-shot doc or jailkeep.  Which one did you take?

Night 2: Hey, you should have asked your question at this time!  Why didn't you?  What did you do this night -- doc/jailkeep or gain another shot?

I'll full claim.  I gained jailkeeper.  (Actually, I missed the transition night 1, and I asked morgrim if I could still request it after the fact since it couldn't be used until N2)  I still have it.  I attempted to gain another jailkeep night 2,  figuring that i would save up and then use them when it would count - but then I was shuffled.

I'm now a ghost ship.  I can target someone - and push their night action back a day.

I gotta say, this sounds harder to track than RMMI.  I hope Morgrim is keeping a spreadsheet up-to-date.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: August 22, 2012, 06:20:24 pm »

VOTE COUNT
1. Galzria
2. Insomiac
3. Voltgloss O-2 (Cayvie, Glooble)
4. Captain_Frisk
5. Jotheonah
6. Glooble-2 (Galzria, O)
7. Eevee
8. ftl
9. Grujah
10. Cayvie-1 (Grujah)
11. eHalcyon

Gained from supply last night: Poorhouse, Lighthouse, Gold.
Deadline is in three days.
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: August 22, 2012, 06:28:52 pm »

Well, Morgrim's new stuff confirms Eevee's gaining, right?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: August 22, 2012, 06:32:03 pm »

As I suspected  :)

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1230 on: August 22, 2012, 06:55:29 pm »

BTW...

COUNTING HOUSE HAS BEEN PLAYED BY THE MOD. YOU EACH NOW HAVE A COPPER IN HAND.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: August 22, 2012, 06:55:55 pm »

trust me, you'll want it

Mad, I tell you.

ftl

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: August 22, 2012, 08:14:57 pm »

Ohh boy what's going on

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: August 22, 2012, 08:20:16 pm »

Well, Morgrim's new stuff confirms Eevee's gaining, right?

Yes.  Also somewhat confirms Galzria's claim too, in that he gained a Gold.

I suppose the 1-shot (role)cop devices don't have card names, since nothing is mentioned about them being gained.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: August 22, 2012, 08:31:49 pm »

Anyone have any idea why we all just gained a copper? I probably should not expand it into anything, right?

eHalcyon, do you trust my claim now? Is there still something that needs clearing?

ftl

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: August 22, 2012, 08:36:27 pm »

We all gained a copper in hand because that's how counting house works, doncha know?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: August 22, 2012, 08:45:30 pm »

We got something! Don't you like it?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: August 22, 2012, 08:59:26 pm »

Anyone have any idea why we all just gained a copper? I probably should not expand it into anything, right?

eHalcyon, do you trust my claim now? Is there still something that needs clearing?

Your claim is no longer suspect.

I still hold all of you suspicious though. ;)

Of all the day 1 ability claims, the ones that have some evidence in their favour are:

Robz (confirmed townie, though I still find it really weird that a Goons would have no ability)
Ozle (confirmed townie, and backed by Grujah)
Axxle (confirmed townie, apparently had a secret vote at least on d1)
Eevee Expand (gained cards announced)
cayvie Transmute (gained Transmute, result from n2)
Galz Tournament (gained Gold, result from n2)
Glooble Tactician (Morgrim acknowledged his d1 no vote)
O Stash (didn't die from being shot, but Hider makes more sense!)
Ins' Tunnel (results from cayvie's shot and Galz' investigation of O)

The ones for which we have no evidence:

jo's UFT (impossible to test without vig)
Gruj's Diadem
ftl's Swindler
CF's Ironworks

Some of these are impossible to verify now, unless those roles come back in a future reshuffle.

Evidence makes O most suspicious to me; I think he's the one to lynch.  "Stash is Hider variant" makes the most sense to me.  It comes from a combination of cayvie's shot, Galz's investigation and the clear link between the name "Stash" and a Hider ability.  Bus driving is possible, but then Insomniac got that "hand: stash" PM.  If O had gotten something similar, I would be more inclined to consider bus driving between the two of them.  O also claims that Morgrim said Stash-BP was automatically used, which is unintuitive and doesn't fit with Bus Driver theory.  To reconcile it, we would have cayvie shooting O but hitting Ins and (random scum) shooting Ins and hitting O (activating BP).  Possible, but it's a lot to assume.  Why would scum shoot Ins anyway?  If Ins is town he has no reason to lie about being BP, and (role)cop device doesn't help them.  So yeah, O is suspicious.

I have bad feelings about ftl though.  "Random power" is a convenient cover-up for possible lies.  With all the stuff happening in the open (cards getting "gained", Insomniac's hand showing "Stash", etc.) I find it odd that ftl's Swindler did nothing notable two nights in a row.  If we lynch O and he flips town, ftl would be the next place to look I think.  Swindler is the most likely of all the d1 roles to be a Bus Driver, and he was pretty quick on the draw to vote for O just because I mentioned some unspecified meta reason to suspect O.

How many scum/mafia are there?

Given the relative dearth of death so far, it seems unlikely that there are multiple scum factions.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: August 22, 2012, 09:04:54 pm »

100% agree with eHalc's post, and am going to Vote: O. It's quite nice to have an innocent child in the game!

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: August 22, 2012, 09:26:56 pm »

Glooble - was Tactician, changed to Embargo
O/Volt - was Stash, changed to Saboteur
Grujah - was Diadem, changed to Masquerade
Ins - was Tunnel, changed to Horn of Plenty
ftl - was Swindler, changed to PLAYER
Frisk - was Ironworks, changed to Ghost Ship
eHalcyon - was Scout, changed to Jester

One scary thing is that ftl is now PLAYER.  I mean, that's just really ominous.  A likely parallel might be Dreaming God:

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Dreaming_God

It's hard to imagine that PLAYER is anti-town though.  But again, judging purely on role names is bad.  (I think judging on role abilities is OK.)

I wonder how this game's Masquerade compares to RMMI's Masquerade...

ftl

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: August 22, 2012, 09:33:45 pm »

Meta reasons to vote O seem more reliable than anything ability-based, given how abilities appear to be so wild and so uncorrelated with alignment. And it's a meta reason by a modconfirmed town. Why is following that lead scummy? It's a better reason than the role speculation IMO. Vote: O this day has to go somewhere sometime.

I'm telling the truth about my previous power. I guess I can claim my current power if you want something more verifiable, since you're really worried about it ehalc.

Besides, why would I lie about my power even as scum? Like, powers are random, shuffle around, no reason to hide them. It's why I'm confused about O, because your hider theory makes perfect sense, but why wouldn't O have just said so when he was under pressure, rather than lying?

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: August 22, 2012, 09:36:14 pm »

skimming through this, while sobering.

eHalc, I don't think what you are referring to is a Hider but a Redirector.
Hider is this.
A is Hider. A hides behind B. A cannot be targeted. if B is targeted A is targeted too.

Also, I made the same mistake, but "Stash BP being used" means that Stash BP was activated, not that it t.has necessarily soaked a shot. He had to activate it in order for it to have any use.

This Masq is something like RMMI Masq and NOTHING like Murder Mistery Masq  ;D

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: August 22, 2012, 09:36:30 pm »

THough, my vote stays on O.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: August 22, 2012, 09:49:27 pm »

@ftl -- the reason you might lie about Swindler's power is that Bus Driver is pretty scummy, and it would be scummy for you not to have brought it up when the Galz/cayvie/O drama started.  I don't think you should claim your current power unless O flips town.

I think jumping on my "lead" was a bit scummy because I never even described the meta reason.  It might be something as stupid as "O never claimed Jester," or "it's too Ironic that O would get framed by a Bus Driver."  I didn't even vote for O in that post. :P  All this only looks scummy if O flips town.  Otherwise, it's all neutral to me.

Also, I ask that you personally decide whether it is better or worse for the town if you roleclaim what PLAYER does, and act accordingly.  I'm still not sure if everyone role claiming is good or bad.

@Gruj -- I said "Hider variant", and I chose that name based on Ins' "hand: stash" PM.  I suppose you're right about the BP not soaking a shot.  My comment on Masq was just musing, not a request for a claim.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: August 22, 2012, 09:53:33 pm »

we're lynching me even though I know all of your guts say I'm town  :'(

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1245 on: August 22, 2012, 09:55:14 pm »

skimming through this, while sobering.

eHalc, I don't think what you are referring to is a Hider but a Redirector.
Hider is this.
A is Hider. A hides behind B. A cannot be targeted. if B is targeted A is targeted too.

Also, I made the same mistake, but "Stash BP being used" means that Stash BP was activated, not that it t.has necessarily soaked a shot. He had to activate it in order for it to have any use.

This Masq is something like RMMI Masq and NOTHING like Murder Mistery Masq  ;D

Funny, just catching up while getting drunk. You should stop sobering up and join me! ;D

Well, I've said for awhile that I think O is todays Go lynch, but man, does nobody else see how scummy Jo and especially Glooble are? Man, I'm willing to eat my words on that and Vote: O - Prove me wrong buddy and flip scum! ... Otherwise, man, I think we should really look at lynching Glooble/Joth tomorrow.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: August 22, 2012, 09:57:23 pm »

I thought this when ehunt posted the epic rant in MVI, and I think it again now. Man how awesome would it be to get drunk and possibly play some IRL mafia with you lot.  8) I'd be willing to travel there to make this happen lol.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: August 22, 2012, 09:57:26 pm »

I say you're town, but my evidence says otherwise. :'(

I'll become your pet sheep tomorrow if you flip town though.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: August 22, 2012, 09:58:34 pm »

No, I think you're scum who has done a really good job of pushing back against a slam dunk catch.  The evidence is just too heavy against you, and it's far more likely than the case that leaves you innocent.  Bus Driver is just so very bastard!  I wonder if there are more esoteric roles at work here.

If you are actually town, please give some suggestions on how to proceed after your flip!

ftl

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: August 22, 2012, 09:59:05 pm »

Is true :(

Like why couldn't you have just said that you stashed yourself in Insomniac's hand, then we would have all believed you :(
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 61  All

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 21 queries.