Dominion > Game Reports

Retrospective Board Analysis

(1/3) > >>

Blooki:
Just finished a game where my opponent and I took divergent strategies. I ended up winning, but I had very fortunate shuffle-luck. However, each of us felt our respective strategies were superior to the other's. He went to the simulator, I'm going to the community (because I don't know how to use the simulator).

Kingdom:
Duke
Harvest

Conspirator
Remake
Tournament

Chancellor
Fishing Village
Menagerie
Warehouse

I'm totally blanking on the 10th card in the set. Whatever it was, I don't think either player gained a single copy.

No Colonies.

What is your opening? What is your plan? Any additional comments?

Thanks,
Blooki

Mean Mr Mustard:
I would go Remake into a later menagerie engine.

DG:
That's an interesting set. Just for the illusion of control, I'd say remake to a fishing village, menagerie, warehouse engine for conspirators and then beat the opponent up with a tournament. At the other end of the spectrum is a warehouse/harvest/duke strategy and there are probably countless variations in between, plus some really fast tournament rushes. I can't see the simulator using the warehouse to anywhere near full advantage or making a decent stab at anything except a harvest/duke strategy.

I've never used the noble steed to put four silver into a deck yet but I can certainly see options for doing so in this kingdom.

shark_bait:
This is a tough one.  I guess I'd pray that I don't get a 5/2 start and open with remake/fishing village.  Remake estates into menageries with a warehouse or two.  I'd probably want to get a conspirator engine going but I would definitely want to pick up a tournament.  I'd really want to get the princess.  With no plus buy on the board, that would be helpful in end game situations.  Also, I think tournament would be essential for picking up duchies when the provinces start to get lower.  That's just my 2 cents.  Feel free to agree or disagree.

Blooki:
I'll post what we ended up opening with tomorrow with my commentary on the main question I have for the community. As a hint/teaser, the general principle I want to ask everyone about is how you decide whether to escalate or withdraw from a Tournament battle?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version