Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Rate your kingdom  (Read 1667 times)

h1402686

• Alchemist
  • Respect: +32
    • View Profile
Rate your kingdom
« on: August 05, 2012, 10:41:59 pm »
+1

Here's an idea: at the end of each game, Isotropic could give each player the option to rate the kingdom used for the game, maybe on 0-10 scale. After a couple months all the rating would constitute a neat data set. I'm sure there are a number of people in the Dominion community who would enjoy crack the data set open.

cooperaa

• Steward
  • Respect: +16
    • View Profile
Re: Rate your kingdom
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 11:24:46 pm »

A while ago, I was looking for an iOS app to do this. But when you realize how many card combinations there are, there's almost no point since you'll rarely see the same combination again.

Instead, what might be more useful is collecting card combinations like this forum does.

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 11:28:46 pm »
+5

But when you realize how many card combinations there are, there's almost no point since you'll rarely see the same combination again.
In principle, here are some interesting ways such data could be used:
  • Well-liked kingdoms can later be presented to other players. If they like it too, then give it to some other players, and so on. This could be combined with some sort of random kingdom mutation, maybe by swapping out non-gained cards with new cards.
  • With a lot of data, it might be possible to train a machine learning model for kingdom quality. This model could be used to generate high-quality random kingdoms.

h1402686

• Alchemist
  • Respect: +32
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 11:09:40 am »

With a lot of data, it might be possible to train a machine learning model for kingdom quality. This model could be used to generate high-quality random kingdoms.

This is more or less what I was thinking. Just inspecting the model would be interesting too: certain cards might prove to me more or less fun, people might like one attack but not two, etc.

The idea was inspired by the statistics given on the winners of the Kingdom Design Challenge:
And of course, statistics on the submissions: turns out that when you ask the community for custom sets, chances are, you’re going to see Gardens, Hamlet, or Tunnel.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 23 queries.