Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Error "You’ve reconnected from another browser window."  (Read 1715 times)

Caractacus2

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
Error "You’ve reconnected from another browser window."
« on: July 13, 2012, 04:35:56 am »

So every time I play on Iso today after a few minutes (or less) the screen greys out and in big red letters I get a message saying "You’ve reconnected from another browser window.". I have to refresh my browser to be able to continue playing, but if I keep that up sometimes I get booted from the game for too many reconnects - very frustrating!

I've tried 3 separate PCs, and I even downloaded and tried Firefox and Chrome instead of my usual IE. All PCs and all browsers have the same issue.

Also (and I expect relatedly), for some reason although I'm able to play and complete games (especially short games before I run out of reconnects), when I click to get a game log at the end of the game I get a 404 error message.

I've also tried playing where Iso is the only tab and only window open. Still get the same silly error message!

I searched the forums, but I couldn't find reference to quite this problem.

Any suggestions?

kn1tt3r

• Minion
  • Respect: +278
    • View Profile
Re: Error "You’ve reconnected from another browser window."
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 05:00:51 am »

I only have this if I do something in another browser tag. I presume this is some kind of javascript conflict with other active sites (though I don't know anything about such programming stuff).

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 06:12:28 am »

I've only experienced this issue while trying to play from mobile browsers, never from my laptop/desktop browsers which are predominantly Firefox but occasionally IE.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +676
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 08:22:12 am »

I get this occasionally but only at the very beginning of games and when it happens a refresh solves the problem. I'm playing from Opera.

And as for logs 404ing, it may be related but it has come up before in an unrelated setting. It happens for some users when the logs are old. That's (one reason) why we have CR logs. Never heard of it happening on new logs though.

Caractacus2

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 05:54:06 am »

Update: I e-mailed Doug Z and he had a couple of ideas. As it turned out, I had to travel on the weekend, and I tried using one of my laptops but in a different location, with a different ISP. And it worked again! No phony reconnection error! :)

I guess my home ISP has changed something that means I can't play Iso-Dom at home anymore. :( I'm not going to bother trying to get my ISP to change whatever they did back to the way it was - as much as I like Iso-Dom, I'm not going to waste that much effort!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 21 queries.