Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57  All

Author Topic: Mafia VII: The Annual Nose-Stealing Competition (GAME OVER: MAFIA WINS!)  (Read 139129 times)

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia VII: The Annual Nose-Stealing Competition (GAME OVER: MAFIA WINS!)
« Reply #1375 on: August 20, 2012, 11:47:28 am »

Yeah, timchen threw the game for sure. I thought the guy was the Town Cop for a good minute. After some time I came to realize he was the Mafia asset of the year.

Mafia N1 Investigated Galzria, N2 Investigated manda.

Why did you guys kill timchen night 2?
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: August 20, 2012, 12:00:07 pm »

All the night Kills were about dissonance and controlling the next Day's direction. It was impossible to predict timchen's direction the next day. I think we covered the timchen kill pretty well in the QT because YN wanted to hit Eevee and I knew I could press him into a manda lynch without much trouble while timchen was a total wildcard. Even though timchen was an easy post-Galzria wagon lynch there was much more dissonance to be had knocking him off.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: August 20, 2012, 12:02:46 pm »

Revised to clarify:

timchen was too easy, a honeypot kill. Anyone pressing his lynch could easily be construed as Mafia.

The manda lynch had been setup a day or two beforehand and Eevee was already signed onto it. No one pressing a manda lynch was easily construed as Mafia.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: August 20, 2012, 12:03:29 pm »

PPS, that's really smart. Well-played lynching Timchen there.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: August 20, 2012, 12:37:42 pm »

WELL in my 15 incorrect reads, I at least got that Manda was obvtown >.>

Young Nick

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1380 on: August 20, 2012, 12:38:48 pm »

Yeah, pps really handled our night-actions well. I had no idea that Eevee would be so willing to lynch manda and thus thought that a timchen honeypot was too nice to pass up. Having said that, I still would have loved to NK no-one and wait for a Doc to claim and then CC him or to claim I protected pps if no claim presented itself.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: August 20, 2012, 12:50:43 pm »

YN's claim ideas were superb and if we had been in a tighter spot I would have been on-board. As it was I thought having a fake-claim plan in the case of a Town claim was the best approach and it turns out Town had no one to make a claim.Knowing this now the fake-claim gambit would have been a fun ride.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: August 20, 2012, 01:08:42 pm »

hey now that your game is over, why not come sign up for BM V???
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

timchen

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: allfail
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: August 20, 2012, 02:18:07 pm »

It's so sad that everyone blamed me instead of Galzria. Time to leave...

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: August 20, 2012, 02:19:24 pm »

It's how you worded your arguments, you made it super tough for anyone to do anything but lynch one of you and you were both town.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: August 20, 2012, 02:22:51 pm »

Really, it's everyone's fault. <Robz, CF, Timchen, Eevee, Galzria> all looked scummy while the other two town lurked hard.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: August 20, 2012, 02:23:50 pm »

It should be noted that a town majority lynched Galzria and that Mafia killed you out of fear.  I think your perspective is slightly distorted.  You convinced everyone of your true alignment.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: August 20, 2012, 02:24:26 pm »

As for my own play, I was actually trying to look scummy. Because I was the Jailkeeper, I had a duty to live. And I thought I would likely get NKed pretty quickly unless scum had a reason to leave me alive, and the only reason I could give them was to look suspicious myself.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Young Nick

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: August 20, 2012, 02:24:33 pm »

I totally would blame you for giving your vote to Galzria. It's like holding the rest of town hostage. If I hadn't been working the "timchen is Mafia" angle I totally would have supported a policy lynch. To be honest, the argument presented wasn't that good. You didn't allow the possibility that Galzria was merely misreading you and/or playing bad town instead of being Mafia.''

You should have cut your losses way earlier in the argument, well before you gave up your vote.

Young Nick

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: August 20, 2012, 02:27:01 pm »

As for my own play, I was actually trying to look scummy. Because I was the Jailkeeper, I had a duty to live. And I thought I would likely get NKed pretty quickly unless scum had a reason to leave me alive, and the only reason I could give them was to look suspicious myself.

At the end of the day, it was hard to believe that you would keep playing in such a scummy manner. For that reason, we were fearful that you would wake up on d2 and play a normal, protown game and be a valuable addition to town.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: August 20, 2012, 02:32:53 pm »

At the end of the day, it was hard to believe that you would keep playing in such a scummy manner. For that reason, we were fearful that you would wake up on d2 and play a normal, protown game and be a valuable addition to town.
This was the thing I always hated the most about IRL mafia. We played with idiotic rules that allowed the doctor to protect himself, so almost every time the most experienced* player lived to see day 2, town instantly went "oh, Eevee lives, he has to be scum!". And it was actually correct to think so, because I died N1 so so often. Frustrating stuff!

*This is hardly a brag, I always played with family so the level of play was.. not very good. It was always very fun though, even if I was dead a lot.

Actually, I should start a thread here about a reasonable rule set for IRL mafia. We always played with both doctor and cop, no other power roles, daystart and doctors who protect themselves until the very end of the game (in hindsight lol why didn't we think of changing this ever!?). Could be improved, but not sure how.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: August 20, 2012, 02:38:12 pm »

This was the thing I always hated the most about IRL mafia. We played with idiotic rules that allowed the doctor to protect himself, so almost every time the most experienced* player lived to see day 2, town instantly went "oh, Eevee lives, he has to be scum!". And it was actually correct to think so, because I died N1 so so often. Frustrating stuff!

*This is hardly a brag, I always played with family so the level of play was.. not very good. It was always very fun though, even if I was dead a lot.

Actually, I should start a thread here about a reasonable rule set for IRL mafia. We always played with both doctor and cop, no other power roles, daystart and doctors who protect themselves until the very end of the game (in hindsight lol why didn't we think of changing this ever!?). Could be improved, but not sure how.

Doctors can't protect themselves.  If you have a doctor and a cop, you need to give the Mafia an investigation-immune Godfather or make the cop X-shot or something.  Easier solution is to just use Jailkeeper instead of Doc.

timchen

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: allfail
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: August 20, 2012, 02:51:23 pm »

I totally would blame you for giving your vote to Galzria. It's like holding the rest of town hostage. If I hadn't been working the "timchen is Mafia" angle I totally would have supported a policy lynch. To be honest, the argument presented wasn't that good. You didn't allow the possibility that Galzria was merely misreading you and/or playing bad town instead of being Mafia.''

You should have cut your losses way earlier in the argument, well before you gave up your vote.
This is true I guess... I tried once by asking him to back off if he is town, he didn't then I just never looked back. In the end the thing to me is that his accusation on me is unreasonable. (As you said, can be from a bad town play; I just realized that way too late.) And he had my vote; if he had better ideas he could have led us to lynch someone else.

Yeah, but that probably did not help. I can't believe you, YN, is mafia after d2. This is simply incredible. You probably have read my lengthy posts more carefully than town Galzria. The way you expressed looked like genuine confused town to me.

PPS was slightly more scummy on my radar but was still more town than everyone else. (My read after I was killed from town to scum: (YN, PPS, Sharky, eevee, manda) it is amazing that you can play scum so consistently.

So props to you two. Great play.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: August 20, 2012, 05:11:20 pm »

Oh, this has ended,  didn't notice. Veterans got schooled! Wanna read last few ending posts, just for the kicks.

Note to self: PPS is awesome at this game. Beware if not on same teams. He rocked both games he was in. Like, heavy.

Galz, you never told us why did you open with scumslip Day1. Whole QT though you were teasing the noobs.

Young Nick

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1395 on: August 20, 2012, 05:12:11 pm »

The, "Man, this sucks." How is this a scumslip?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: August 20, 2012, 05:14:15 pm »

The, "Man, this sucks." How is this a scumslip?
Yeah, whats up with multiple people reading that much into wiki.mafiascum tells everybody knows by now!?

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: August 20, 2012, 05:17:59 pm »

It is like he QUOTED THE SCUMSLIP NAME. It was TOO OBVIOUS.To me it seemed like he was rubbing it in in your noses. (though, anther article files it as "scum or doc tell" and PPS was doc when he done that MVI).

@Yn -
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Tarhalindur_Standard_Tells
On the bottom.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: August 20, 2012, 05:20:24 pm »

It is like he QUOTED THE SCUMSLIP NAME. It was TOO OBVIOUS.To me it seemed like he was rubbing it in in your noses. (though, anther article files it as "scum or doc tell" and PPS was doc when he done that MVI).

@Yn -
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Tarhalindur_Standard_Tells
On the bottom.

Yeah - when I read that I was convinced that Galz was just rubbing his scum-ness in the spectators eyes.  "Hahah - you're all dead and I'm playing with Noobs, I'm going to do whatever I want"

Super kudos to PPS & YN - and FOS all the rest of you for lynching me for trying to make the town talk.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: August 20, 2012, 05:22:05 pm »

Super kudos to PPS & YN - and FOS all the rest of you for lynching me for trying to make the town talk.
Hello?
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57  All

Page created in 2.247 seconds with 20 queries.