Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 57  All

Author Topic: Mafia VII: The Annual Nose-Stealing Competition (GAME OVER: MAFIA WINS!)  (Read 139182 times)

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia VII: The Annual Nose-Stealing Competition (DAY 2 UNDERWAY)
« Reply #1025 on: August 07, 2012, 09:50:16 pm »

trololol
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

timchen

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: allfail
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: August 07, 2012, 09:51:45 pm »

Dear town,

For those you think Galzria is definitely town, you have nothing to be worried about. You think galzria's argument is at least to some extent reasonable (and more reasonable than mine) so I believe you will think my choice of listening to him is wise.

What I promised to do is nothing more than giving the almighty wise Galzria some more power. Now effectively his vote counted twice. If we now follow his good gut feeling we shall win this game in no time.

Unfortunately, for those who think there is some decent chance that Galzria is scum, we are now effectively at lylo.
As far as I can see, you now have three choices. I'll list it from the worst to the best:

1: try to lynch Galzria's partner. This is really not that a good idea. If you hit it, you are still at lylo next day, and Galzria will still control 2 votes. And if you missed, gg.

2. lynch me. This is a "safe" choice, as you won't lynch someone unreasonable. But I personally can guarantee you 100% that if you lynch me you will still be at lylo tomorrow.

3. lynch Galzria. The only down side of this choice is that if Galzria is not scum, we will be at lylo tomorrow. If he is scum, we will actually be not at lylo the next game day, as I will be again of free will.

Dear town, please be careful of your choice. We can still win if Galz is mafia. Just think clearly before you vote.

timchen

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: August 07, 2012, 09:52:20 pm »

@PPS: no trolling. I am dead serious.

timchen

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: August 07, 2012, 10:00:10 pm »

@PPS: let me also remind you that you especially need to think clearly. As far as I can see manda is not going to vote for Galzria. So the town really needs your vote to get Galzria (need you, eevee, YN, sharky) if Galz were scum and you were town.

But please don't think I am forcing you to vote for Galzria. Actually I am already imagining your face when the game ended, mafia Galzria won, and thanking most to you.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: August 07, 2012, 10:13:13 pm »

Ok, I'm seriously contemplating just policylynching timchen who I'm pretty sure is town and giving mafia the win. I would do that, but I'd feel bad for ruining the fun for everyone else. Which is what you are doing here, timchen. You are more anti-town than any of the mafia! Everyone should always play mafia to their wincon and not pull crap like this. I'm hoping you'll reconsider tomorrow. Try to take this game less personal.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: August 07, 2012, 10:13:36 pm »

@PPS: no trolling. I am dead serious.
If that is not trolling, then wat de fuq is?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: August 07, 2012, 10:14:30 pm »

If Galzria is mafia and wins this game, he wont even thank you for it but rather blame you for giving him the win when all he wanted to do was fight fairly. Just saying.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: August 07, 2012, 10:17:12 pm »

.... Yeah...

Tim, you should vote for me. It's the only fair way I can think to deal with this lunacy.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

timchen

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: August 07, 2012, 10:18:32 pm »

@eevee: you guys can still lynch Galzria today. If you lynch me you are playing against your own wincon. I just want the rest townies to be more responsible for their votes. If Galzria is scum and the town loses, it's not like I haven't warned them.

While I will keep my word I am still extremely supportive of a Galzria lynch. My voice will not be constrained either.

timchen

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: August 07, 2012, 10:20:12 pm »

Sure. As you wish. Vote: Galzria

Still, to the rest of town, if you mislynch someone not me today and Galzria is scum, you will lose. I will keep my word.

timchen

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: August 07, 2012, 10:26:27 pm »

Oh btw, if Galz you survive today but choose to NK me tonight I will be very unhappy. That will be playing against your wincon.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: August 07, 2012, 10:28:39 pm »

Sure. As you wish. Vote: Galzria

Still, to the rest of town, if you mislynch someone not me today and Galzria is scum, you will lose. I will keep my word.
Why oh why cant you just play this game like the rest of us? Look, I agree with you on Galzria, I think he is mafia. But I dont think it's at all unreasonable if some other people see things differently. And they could be scum not wanting to believe you too, in fact at least one of them has to be. I could see you reacting like that if you actually were dealing with morons who refused to lynch someone you investigated or something like that, but that is not what this is. This is an extremely common situation in a game of mafia. Having a case that you feel is strong but not getting others behind it is an inherent part of the game. You absolutely should not take it personally! You absolutely should not react to it by sabotaging your own team "because they are fools and I'm right". Look, whether you are right or wrong about Galzria is irrelevant here. Your play is anti-town either way. You are not playing to your wincon if you are town. I hope you take a step back and try to look objectively what you are doing here. Maybe open this thread tomorrow after a good night's sleep or something.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: August 07, 2012, 10:32:58 pm »

Vote Count 2-9

shark_bait (1): Young Nick
Galzria (2): Eevee, timchen
manda2014 (1): pingpongsam

Not Voting {3}: manda2014, Galzria, shark_bait

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch

Lynch deadline: Monday, August 13, at 8:00 p.m. forum time (EDT)

timchen

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: August 07, 2012, 10:36:24 pm »

Because the others won't listen to me when I was talking logic. And I had enough. I am directing this specifically toward those who are town, and I am not angry at Galzria or his partner at all.

I don't see how my play is anti-town here due to Galz's fair sportsmanship. My vote lies where it would have been. (well, that can change on his will of course...) I just want to add weight to the decision of the rest of the town. Instead of me convincing them, see if they can convince themselves.

(And yeah, I am sorry, I can't really help, for those who refuse to reason or listen I rather lose with them than try to convince them to death and pull a win.)

timchen

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: August 07, 2012, 10:56:04 pm »

Oh, for anyone who is still interested in the logical me and wanted to investigate between me and Galzria, please refer to page 38 and prior (the earlier, the clearer it is I believe). I believe I have stated enough to convince any reasonable townie that the case Galzria on me is nonsense.

Young Nick

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: August 07, 2012, 11:34:28 pm »

Still not at home. Just quick-posting. Won't read and fully post until tomorrow. In response to timchen's response to me: I was saying he looks scummier. The fact that Galzria controls your vote is absolute chaos. Need to read everything, woah.
Double vote power is scary. Not posting anything of substance.

Young Nick

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: August 07, 2012, 11:35:04 pm »

Still not at home. Just quick-posting. Won't read and fully post until tomorrow. In response to timchen's response to me: I was saying he looks scummier. The fact that Galzria controls your vote is absolute chaos. Need to read everything, woah.
Double vote power is scary. Not posting anything of substance.

I was saying that Galzria looks scummier.

manda2014

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: August 07, 2012, 11:45:33 pm »

I just.... what the hell?

timchen

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: August 08, 2012, 01:15:54 am »

.... Yeah...

Tim, you should vote for me. It's the only fair way I can think to deal with this lunacy.
Actually, I suddenly realized during shower. Is this not a scum confession? What does fairness mean between townies anyway?

Why would a townie say such things? I would imagine as a townie he would have said something like ok, I will not ask you to vote for anyone, unless there is town consensus and we need your vote to lynch.

... but I will keep my word. Galzria, if you want me to unvote you you had better say early...

Young Nick

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: August 08, 2012, 01:24:54 am »

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: August 08, 2012, 06:23:35 am »

I think Galzria and timchen are both Town. If Voltgloss hadn't spelled out the roles I would swear timchen had some crazy restricted role that required this sort of behavior. Having Galzria's vote carry twice is super if Galzria is hitting scum but it effectively eliminates a town asset in timchen's analysis and possible contrarian vote. It is as anti-town as it gets, although unless this is a whacked out, balls to the wall, scumplay from Galzria/timchen I don't think this condemns timchen to being Mafia. I would support a policy lynch as well but in this small of a game it destroys our chances of winning and if, just if, timchen is Mafia then a policy lynch wouldn't necessarily be deserved.

The long of it is we are supposed to be playing this game according to a mostly unwritten subset of unenforcable rules we have tacitly agreed to abide by. timchen is violating this "pact". If this were a kickball game (haha) timchen has basically announced that from now on, regardless of play on the field, when the ball gets to him he is going to kick it to second base. This works great in the 30% of cases where we need timchen to kick the ball to second base ASAP but it spells disaster in the remaining 70% of cases where we need timchen to be reading the game and kick the ball anywhere but second base. We no longer have a team mate but a slot machine and it ruins the fun for everyone involved, I suspect even the opposing team. It feels as though timchen has gotten so frustrated with this game that he's determined to make it equally frustrating for everyone else in retaliation even though our only fault has been playing the game as designed.

The short of it is this constitutes unsportsmanlike behavior obnoxious to all players regardless of alignment.

I ask that timchen reconsider and let us all commence playing this game as designed which was explicitly a vanilla Mafia game tailored for beginners. If we wanted game warping roles we would have signed up for a game that involved such things.

/soapbox and apologies for a lengthy post that was otherwise useless to progressing the game

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: August 08, 2012, 06:26:35 am »

@timchen: if Galzria gets lynched/whacked and flips town how does that work for you going forward in the game?

timchen

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: August 08, 2012, 10:22:58 am »

I saw everyone has a misconception here. Seriously, why my play brings less fun for everyone? my play is perfectly legal according to the rules. And it's no morgrim, as I have announced before hand how and where my vote will go. Everyone should just play their own game, with the knowledge that Galzria controls my vote. I can actually do this without announcing it (ie, just vote the person who Galzria votes at a random time) and that will not violate the rules either, but I would say that will be something that ruins the fun of this game.

Just think of this as a new rule I added to myself. And see if you want to lynch Galzria under these circumstances.

@PPS: as I said, if Galzria flips town, I am willing to be lynched even if that meant we lost. But if the remaining town is against it it's not like I can lynch myself on my own. I am always going to play with logic and reason as best as I can.

(Technically to play with logic and reason as best as I can means that I should not lynch myself no matter what. But I am just so sure that Galzria is scum at this point, and that is all what I want you guys to know by saying that if he flips town I am willing to lynch myself.)

timchen

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: August 08, 2012, 10:24:50 am »

If what you are asking is how my vote will go if Galzria is dead, it will go back to originally how it works. i.e., I will again vote based on my judgement who is the likeliest scum (for now it points toward manda).

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: August 08, 2012, 10:30:27 am »

Just think of this as a new rule I added to myself. And see if you want to lynch Galzria under these circumstances.

It ruins the fun because you are abandoning your wincon. If you were still playing to it, you wouldnt add these rules to yourself.

I try to expand on the kickball analogy: Its like we are playing paintball and you tell your teammates "ok, I'm going to rush through the middle of the field every game, its not my fault if you fail to cover me and I die, this loss is on the rest of you for failing to cover me if that happens!!!".
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 57  All

Page created in 1.968 seconds with 20 queries.