Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 57  All

Author Topic: Mafia VII: The Annual Nose-Stealing Competition (GAME OVER: MAFIA WINS!)  (Read 139137 times)

timchen

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: allfail
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia VII: The Annual Nose-Stealing Competition (DAY 2 UNDERWAY)
« Reply #975 on: August 07, 2012, 12:57:54 pm »

In a sense yes. Because at this point I have 100% certainty that Galzria is scum.

If he is not scum I am willing to lose. In that case I am kinda sorry about the other townies, but I think the fault is at him, not me.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: August 07, 2012, 01:10:05 pm »

In a sense yes. Because at this point I have 100% certainty that Galzria is scum.

If he is not scum I am willing to lose. In that case I am kinda sorry about the other townies, but I think the fault is at him, not me.

100%? Really? Lol, I wish I was that sure!

It certainly isn't Galzrias fault in that scenario though. If he is town, I'm sure he is doing his best. Try to stay objective timchen, if you get too emotionally worked up by this, your message gets lost in the way you deliver it.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: August 07, 2012, 01:17:23 pm »

Calmer heads prevail.
I think timchen is just too explosive for me to feel like it's true scum play.

Speaking of the calmer heads:
Vote: manda
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

timchen

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: August 07, 2012, 01:20:31 pm »

Maybe. But I am really that certain. See, I give town Galz the chance to back up. In case that he is biased for some reason and said things that he was not so sure of. The point is just that his case against us is bullshit. And town galz should have the ability to realize that.

But he didn't. He even used that to frame me. So for me, case closed on Galzria. The remaining task is to hunt the remaining partner. But if the town is willing to waste a lynch on me to make sure my read on Galz is right, they cannot really blame me that I cause the town to lose can they?

timchen

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: August 07, 2012, 01:24:12 pm »

@PPS: Calmer heads prevail at getting lynched? That is probably not a good way to head toward...

But ok, on the logical level, even if I highly suspect that manda is the remaining mafia, I don't think it is the lynch for today. Problem is, I am not that sure on this one, and if we were wrong, the chance that we can lynch galzria next day will become even lower.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: August 07, 2012, 01:27:21 pm »

Calmer heads prevail.
I think timchen is just too explosive for me to feel like it's true scum play.

Speaking of the calmer heads:
Vote: manda

I absolutely cannot believe that I agree with this... But I've been leaning more and more this way these last 24 hours. If I'm wrong on double guessing myself I'll be pissed. >:[ But nonetheless, I'll do the ultimate in scummy moves, I'll back down: unvote.

Basically, he's been way too irrational for my tastes as scum, and even my biggest case against him based on logic - his fakeclaim - is explainable by just being bad town play.

PPS, why should I vote for Manda, besides hardcore lurking and being buddy with me during the times of disagreement with Timchen (although you were too... Your reasoning I find more genuine)? I find Young Nick much scummier, and still think either could be paired with Eevee (although to his credit he's appeared a lot more town lately ... Though that hasn't been difficult if indeed Timchen and I are both town).
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

timchen

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: August 07, 2012, 01:34:43 pm »

Galz, too late to do this now. If you did it yesterday I would have reconsidered.

There is no logic in your biggest case against me. If you viewed it as a fakeclaim it is always bad play, either by scum or by town. The only reasonable play is what I explained.

Being unable to see this repeatedly nails it for me that you are scum.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: August 07, 2012, 01:43:32 pm »

Galz, too late to do this now. If you did it yesterday I would have reconsidered.

There is no logic in your biggest case against me. If you viewed it as a fakeclaim it is always bad play, either by scum or by town. The only reasonable play is what I explained.

Being unable to see this repeatedly nails it for me that you are scum.

And yet, my friend, you're wrong. So what does that say about you? I'm willing to admit that I could be wrong, while you are not. I'm willing to play to a town wincon, while you are willing to actively sacrifice it (assuming you're town).

Your fakeclaim was quite logical from a scum perspective. It's been done before. But it's absolutely terrible town play. I really didn't want to think it's the latter, but your complete irrationality and refusal to play to a wincon that you claim to have just supports the former too much. You're playing town terribly.

So now I am forced to find where scum are playing smartly instead. You are more than welcome to continue your blind crusade against me however. I on the other hand, will actually try to win this game for town.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

timchen

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: August 07, 2012, 01:50:46 pm »

I did not fakeclaim, so it's not a terrible play.

I refuse to play a wincon? LOL. Framing again. My wincon is to lynch all scum. You are scum. I want to lynch you. End of story. And even if I refuse to play my wincon, how does that support that I am scum? Seriously it is you who is irrational and illogical. I am just using more aggressive words.

I am still playing my wincon. Because I know the first step can be nothing else than lynching you. I am perfectly rational.

timchen

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: August 07, 2012, 01:53:36 pm »

Sigh. I am tired of this. But I know Galz you are enjoying it. Fine.

Let's do a poll instead of direct accusation. Who finds that galzria's accusation of me about my alleged fakeclaim has any merit? If more than half of the town does, I'll just vote whoever Galz asks me to.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: August 07, 2012, 01:58:34 pm »

Sigh. I am tired of this. But I know Galz you are enjoying it. Fine.

Let's do a poll instead of direct accusation. Who finds that galzria's accusation of me about my alleged fakeclaim has any merit? If more than half of the town does, I'll just vote whoever Galz asks me to.
Now that would be not playing your wincon!

But no, I dont think it has any merit whatsoever.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: August 07, 2012, 02:13:51 pm »

If timchen's play hadn't been so insane I would have bought that "fakeclaim" as him being the Town cop. I wanted to leave it alone because I thought it was the claim and I thought it best to act as if it never happened.

At the risk of playing poorly for Town it has been the one thing lending credence to his play on Galz, maybe he really is 100% certain that Galz is scum because he investigated him.

If timchen isn't the cop then Galzria's case against him making such a claim has some merit because it is piss poor town play and relatively safe scum play.

I'm not trying to rolefish here and really would rather no one claim at this point but this is my basis for lending merit to Galz's case which timchen did ask for specifically.

timchen

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: August 07, 2012, 02:26:31 pm »

No I can specifically deny that I didn't investigate him.

And I will keep my word. So PPS, do you believe Galz's argument about my alleged fakeclaim?

timchen

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: August 07, 2012, 02:39:37 pm »

Oops maybe my first sentence is ambiguous.

I didn't investigate Galzria.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: August 07, 2012, 02:40:01 pm »

No I can specifically deny that I didn't investigate him.

And I will keep my word. So PPS, do you believe Galz's argument about my alleged fakeclaim?

If timchen isn't the cop then Galzria's case against him making such a claim has some merit because it is piss poor town play and relatively safe scum play.

timchen

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #990 on: August 07, 2012, 02:43:52 pm »

Good. So 2 votes now on Galz's argument has some merit? (assume that Glaz himself thinks so)

Two more then I'll vote as Galz wishes.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: August 07, 2012, 02:46:41 pm »

Good. So 2 votes now on Galz's argument has some merit? (assume that Glaz himself thinks so)

Why oh why are you doing this? Earlier you said you are 100% sure Galzria is mafia..

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: August 07, 2012, 02:52:28 pm »

Why oh why are you doing this? Earlier you said you are 100% sure Galzria is mafia..

Yeah, it's once more a pretty ridiculous thing to say or do. If he thinks I'm scum, he should vote for me. End of story. If others think my case has merit or not is irrelevant.

Mafia Record:

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: August 07, 2012, 02:54:01 pm »

Yeah, it's once more a pretty ridiculous thing to say or do. If he thinks I'm scum, he should vote for me. End of story. If others think my case has merit or not is irrelevant.
Usually people who've lost it like that have been town though, wouldnt you agree?

timchen

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: August 07, 2012, 02:54:25 pm »

No it is not ridiculous.

timchen

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: August 07, 2012, 02:54:46 pm »

And eevee, I've not lost.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: August 07, 2012, 02:56:20 pm »

Usually people who've lost it like that have been town though, wouldnt you agree?

Why do you think I unvoted him?

Mafia Record:

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: August 07, 2012, 03:11:04 pm »

Why do you think I unvoted him?
Probably because of that! Duh..

@timchen

Saying you are 100% sure someone is mafia and then saying "if enough people think x, I'll just do whatever that person says" counts to me as "losing it" in the context of forum mafia. No offence meant!

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: August 07, 2012, 03:30:57 pm »

New plan for future games.

Become raving lunatic. If you survive the initial backlash become obvtown for remainder of game.

8)

timchen

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: August 07, 2012, 03:31:40 pm »

@eevee: I am only going to vote as he said, not other things.

Come on, YN, Manda, and sharky, I am waiting for your answers!
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 57  All

Page created in 1.957 seconds with 20 queries.