Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 57  All

Author Topic: Mafia VII: The Annual Nose-Stealing Competition (GAME OVER: MAFIA WINS!)  (Read 138974 times)

timchen

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: allfail
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia VII: The Annual Nose-Stealing Competition (DAY 2 UNDERWAY)
« Reply #800 on: August 03, 2012, 09:34:13 am »

Yeah eevee, you didn't look carefully enough or do you mean me leading instead?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: August 03, 2012, 09:55:49 am »

Yeah eevee, you didn't look carefully enough or do you mean me leading instead?
Oh so very sorry, I read your post on phone just before falling asleep and forgot all about it or just missed it completely, dunno what it is but I certainly didnt realize you started the "which is scummier" line of discussion (which I for the record still think is a good way of approaching the problem of who to lynch today. It's just sadly possible the options we are given were chosen by scum and we are damn if we pick either of the candidates).

timchen

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: August 03, 2012, 10:20:39 am »

For the record, I think it is extremely unlikely that both scum were on the wagon. I hope you agree. (If both are on the wagon the only possibility would be sharky+one of us. Not completely impossible, but currently sharky is lower on my list even than you.)

If you take this perspective, are you proposing we should suspect you more?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: August 03, 2012, 10:28:30 am »

For the record, I think it is extremely unlikely that both scum were on the wagon. I hope you agree. (If both are on the wagon the only possibility would be sharky+one of us. Not completely impossible, but currently sharky is lower on my list even than you.)

Who is this directed to?

timchen

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: August 03, 2012, 10:32:11 am »

You! I mean, if you assume there is at least 1 scum off wagon, and you think we should look more than manda and young_nick, then the remaining option is you.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: August 03, 2012, 10:47:33 am »

I definitely never assumed there was "at least 1 scum off the wagon".
(b) how many scum do you think is on/off the wagon? 0-2, 1-1, or 2-0?
1-1 if I had to guess.
I assumed 1 scum on and off is the most probable outcome. I actually think 2 people on it is much more likely than 2 people off it. And I think I would even if I didnt know my own role.

That being said, as I earlier said, I think this is a good pair of people to analyze and look at. It was more of a general comment "even though it is nice someone shows initiative and leads the charge, we should be a little bit wary that someone might be scum" (because of how catastrophic that would be). It was not meant to discredit you or PPS. I seriously appreciate the effort and think this is a good path to go down.

The reason I think scum likely was voting for Frisk: Mafia wants townies gone. Things were sailing towards a nolynch. Voting for Frisk was not considered scummy at the time - most of the town was voting for him (my campaign to save him was unsuccessful). So, I do think shark_baits deserves some heat for casting the hammer on a townie lynch. And everyone else for voting for a townie. Whatever scummy manda and Nick have done, they have not done the ultimate scum thing to do. They havent participated in killing a townie (unless they did at night  :) ). So in that sense it is a little bit crazy to pick a lynchee from the people who DID NOT participate in lynching a townie yesterday.

timchen

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: August 03, 2012, 11:02:57 am »

But it doesn't make sense at all for the scum to kill Robz if they are both on the wagon. He is even a possible lynch target d2. Yeah, given that you are not scum I am almost certain that the two scum cannot be both on the wagon. If they were, I couldn't really see a reason for them not to kill you instead.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: August 03, 2012, 11:34:54 am »

But it doesn't make sense at all for the scum to kill Robz if they are both on the wagon. He is even a possible lynch target d2. Yeah, given that you are not scum I am almost certain that the two scum cannot be both on the wagon. If they were, I couldn't really see a reason for them not to kill you instead.

Excellent point. So, 1-1 probably then? I cant fathom manda and nick both being scum because nolynch was so close and yet neither voted yesterday.

timchen

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: August 03, 2012, 09:06:41 pm »

seems lots of people are absent today...

For now:Vote: manda for reasons I've stated.

Young Nick

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: August 03, 2012, 09:42:23 pm »

Finally seeing Batman tonight! In other news, I won't be able to post for three hours, and thus won't get a long post in tonight.

timchen

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #810 on: August 03, 2012, 09:53:37 pm »

Am I the only one in this game that hasn't seen batman?

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: August 04, 2012, 01:08:10 am »

Vote Count 2-3

shark_bait (1): Eevee
manda2014 (2): pingpongsam, timchen

Not Voting {4}: Galzria, Young Nick, manda2014, shark_bait

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch

Lynch deadline: Monday, August 13, at 8:00 p.m. forum time (EDT)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: August 04, 2012, 03:15:30 am »

Am I the only one in this game that hasn't seen batman?
Yes.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: August 04, 2012, 09:50:15 am »

Galzria has been 2 days absent, can we get a mod prod?
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: August 04, 2012, 10:32:22 am »

It's not a 2-day absence that triggers a prod.  It's a full 48-hour absence, and that hasn't happened yet.  His last post here was Thursday at 8:18 p.m. EDT.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: August 04, 2012, 11:48:46 am »

It's not a 2-day absence that triggers a prod.  It's a full 48-hour absence, and that hasn't happened yet.  His last post here was Thursday at 8:18 p.m. EDT.

Well, as far as what to do next, I'm a bit torn. Mafia know that if a mislynch occurs today, the town is likely down to lylo (3 town, 2 mafia).

I see two paths available to me: YN (and his partner is likely Manda or Timchen) is the first - as he was my most suspicious (with Eevee close behind) - but with PPS saying "no Eevee", that choice would be clear.

The second path is PPS (with Eevee/Manda/(MAYBE Timchen) as his likely partner). PPS played an awesome job as a PR in M-VI. He was stealthy and productive. He was, well, simply amazing. That said, his claim her that Eevee is innocent and we should focus on YN/Manda (with a soft-claim too?) is just... Very forward of him for a town PR. Almost too forward.

I just can't swallow PPS's softclaim. Not after I've seen him so expertly play a PR.

Vote: PPS

Here's my thought process of the Mafia thought process on this:

PPS/Eevee are Goon/Rolecop. There are 7 town to start the game, 5 left now. They probably know one of us is Vanilla after a Night investigation. That person is probably me after I refused to claim D1 (this IS a claim now). So PPS soft-claims Cop as the Mafia rolecop, hinting his partner is in the clear. He doesn't full-claim because at this time he doesn't want to risk counter-claim (not terrible if it happens, but not great either).

He then points to two unknown townies, one of whom gets led off to lynch (perfect for Eevee to be the one to point this out "PPS is kinda leading, which makes me a little uncomfortable" - it's a distancing statement that works well after your scummate has just "cleared" you). So you hedge back and forth, and eventually decide on one to lynch. The confused townies support this because, well, they're suspicious of those two anyway.

Night comes, and there are 4 town left. They lynch one (not the first investigated guy) and investigate another. Now if they haven't found a possible Cop, there's only 1 person it could be. So PPS opens D3 with a full-claim as cop, saying he's found scum.

With or without a counterclaim, it's a big debate - very likely ending in his favor (seeing as he'll have one person to back-up his claim). Since it's lylo, a mislynch there is game-over, and even if you lynch him there, you go to D4 with 2 town, 1 scum. Given that you can bet his teammate bussed him for town cred, it's still highly likely Mafia wins.

So: Given my success as Mafia in M-II following a very similar ploy (my partner, Robz, claimed Doctor D3), I've seen how successful and difficult this is to beat. I also know PPS to be a MUCH more careful PR player, I have to go with my gut on this one.

Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Young Nick

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: August 04, 2012, 12:29:48 pm »

Explain lylo please. Does this mean one bad vote ends the game? 3-2 town-Mafia or 2-1?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: August 04, 2012, 12:35:27 pm »

Explain lylo please. Does this mean one bad vote ends the game? 3-2 town-Mafia or 2-1?

Yes. Lylo - lynch or lose. You must lynch, and you must lynch correctly.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

timchen

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: August 04, 2012, 01:42:56 pm »

@Galz: please tell me why you think eevee is more suspicious than manda or Young_Nick.

Also... I am not sure you read it correctly... I think I said first that we should focus on YN and manda then PPS sorta agreed. Not sure it's fair to say he's leading this.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: August 04, 2012, 01:45:12 pm »

phonelurking so cant write a big post but i didnt think PPS softclaimed, what about others?

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: August 04, 2012, 01:46:41 pm »

Vote Count 2-4

shark_bait (1): Eevee
manda2014 (2): pingpongsam, timchen
pingpongsam (1): Galzria

Not Voting {3}: Young Nick, manda2014, shark_bait

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch

Lynch deadline: Monday, August 13, at 8:00 p.m. forum time (EDT)

manda2014

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: August 04, 2012, 01:52:29 pm »

I don't recall PPS softclaiming, but timchen did.

quote author=timchen link=topic=3411.msg76366#msg76366 date=1343979149]
I have some reasons to believe that eevee is town. (I will reveal if necessary.)
[/quote]

manda2014

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: August 04, 2012, 01:53:09 pm »

I have some reasons to believe that eevee is town. (I will reveal if necessary.)

fixed

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: August 04, 2012, 01:54:17 pm »

Fair enough for giving me suspicion (a vote actually) for putting Eevee in the "safe" bin. I suppose I could see how that might be interpeted as a softclaim.

Knowing my true role the rest is just laughable conjecture. If Eevee is Mafia he's laughing at it too. If Eevee is Town, he's still laughing.

Now, to attack the argument itself. I placed you in the same "safe" bin as Eevee. Is this not an equal softclaim? Would this not be an idiotic play on your part if I were actually the Town cop (assuming you are town)? Your whole argument comes off, to me, like you might be the Mafia Rolecop.

The argument was complete nonsense in the amount presupposed and scummy in the fact that there was never left an opportunity for me or anyone else implicated to answer any questions in rebuttal. Pure speculation and leading.

If you wanted out fo the "safe" bin then you got it; FoS: Galzria (god, I love doing that knowing it bothers people).
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: August 04, 2012, 01:56:53 pm »

I don't recall PPS softclaiming, but timchen did.

quote author=timchen link=topic=3411.msg76366#msg76366 date=1343979149]
[/quote]

... Wow, you're right. Well, it doesn't change my analysis entirely. Unvote Timchen could very easily be pulling the same ploy that I felt PPS was... Except I'm not as confident that he wouldn't play a PR this way.

(I apologize to PPS for the accusation) - Now I have to decide if my suspicions of YN outweigh the idea that Tim may be leading the town on as suggested PPS was doing above.

Mafia Record:

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 57  All

Page created in 1.822 seconds with 20 queries.