Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 57  All

Author Topic: Mafia VII: The Annual Nose-Stealing Competition (GAME OVER: MAFIA WINS!)  (Read 139127 times)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia VII: The Annual Nose-Stealing Competition (DAY 1 UNDERWAY)
« Reply #525 on: July 25, 2012, 05:16:23 pm »

I repeat: I'm finding manda scummier by the minute. All of you voting for Frisk, here is her reaction to his imminent-looking lynch:

Hmmmmm... I'm really concerned by Frisk right now. He really does seem like he's leading the town. But if he were mafia, I'd think he'd try to avoid that... lots of WIFOM though.

As a side note, I have a paper due soon so I haven't/won't have a whole lot of time to be on here. That'll change  in a couple of days though.

I'm active because the rest of you are all lurking - and I'm really putting off work.

That's a good point. The "leading" may just be trying to get everyone to actually talk. Discussion definitely benefits the town, whether you are scum and leading or not.

That's funny - because I think she's too good to hedge so obviously!

Once again I think mafia Frisk would say "omg thats so correct, guys manda come on!?!" to save himself. Thiis feels like town Frisk caring more about town's success than his own life.

I really think Frisk is town here. Lets not do this. (This should not be read as me softclaiming an investigative role. It's just a hunch, I wont softclaim anything, whether I have a role or not.)

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: July 25, 2012, 05:25:46 pm »

Vote Count 1-12

Captain_Frisk (4): timchen, Galzria, pingpongsam, Robz888
shark_bait (2): manda2014, Young Nick
manda2014 (2): Eevee, Captain_Frisk
Robz888 (1): shark_bait

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

Lynch deadline: Saturday, July 28, at 7:30 p.m. forum time

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: July 25, 2012, 05:29:41 pm »

Didnt realize manda wasnt voting for frisk. Thats somewhat confusing.

Young Nick

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: July 25, 2012, 05:45:59 pm »

I, like S_B, had C_F as a maybe mainly because I wasn't 100% confident about him. I would consider hammering but before I do so, I would want to hear timchen's unexplained reason(s) for voting for C_F. Don't expect a quick-hammer anytime soon, that's for sure.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: July 25, 2012, 06:01:28 pm »

Once again I think mafia Frisk would say "omg thats so correct, guys manda come on!?!" to save himself. Thiis feels like town Frisk caring more about town's success than his own life.

I really think Frisk is town here. Lets not do this. (This should not be read as me softclaiming an investigative role. It's just a hunch, I wont softclaim anything, whether I have a role or not.)

Agreed, Unvote
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: July 25, 2012, 06:18:35 pm »

I repeat: I'm finding manda scummier by the minute. All of you voting for Frisk, here is her reaction to his imminent-looking lynch:

Hmmmmm... I'm really concerned by Frisk right now. He really does seem like he's leading the town. But if he were mafia, I'd think he'd try to avoid that... lots of WIFOM though.

As a side note, I have a paper due soon so I haven't/won't have a whole lot of time to be on here. That'll change  in a couple of days though.

I'm active because the rest of you are all lurking - and I'm really putting off work.

That's a good point. The "leading" may just be trying to get everyone to actually talk. Discussion definitely benefits the town, whether you are scum and leading or not.

Uh, you realize that an investigator would have no way of nothing anything right now, so it would be impossible to softclaim that in an attempt to acquit Frisk, right?
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

timchen

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: allfail
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: July 25, 2012, 06:21:43 pm »

Okay. even though I thought it would be better if he claims something for my argument.

So my argument is just that his claim theory cannot be from a town power role. If he were a power role, it should have been obvious to him that applying pressure on himself is not beneficial to the town.

My original plan was just that if he claimed PR I will suggest we lynch him. But now he is reading scummy to me as hell. So I as well spell it out why it is so. If you read through the link frisk provided it actually said that claiming VT is not that a bad thing. The only thing is that it narrows the range of PR for the mafia a bit. Given that he is unwilling to do so and I have an argument that he is no PR, he can only be mafia. (Oh, but if frisk still want to claim VT later I can accept that)

Also please turn back to look at #106. This is a lie. As we now know he is mafia at M6. It is convenient if he is also mafia in this game to tell this lie; but if he is town, I dunno, probably just wouldn't mention this (as he knew he has his chance to beat me at M6.)

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: July 25, 2012, 06:26:32 pm »

I will not be discussing m6 except: Bah!

I am lurking on phone btw.  Back at pc around 9 as per usual.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: July 25, 2012, 06:27:36 pm »

Uh, you realize that an investigator would have no way of nothing anything right now, so it would be impossible to softclaim that in an attempt to acquit Frisk, right?
;)

.. no seriously, it was meant more as a general comment. Point stands, my personal read is, Frisk looks very townlike. I dont think timchen is necessarily mafia for insisting a Frisk lynch this bad (I mean, that would actually be rather weird for a mafia to do..), but I really disagree with his read.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: July 25, 2012, 06:33:55 pm »

Just to clarify, I agree that standing calmly smoking his last cigarette while the train barrels down on him strikes me as Townish and not scummy. timchen's argument is keeping me on the fence, though.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

timchen

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: July 25, 2012, 06:34:44 pm »

Eevee, if you disagree, can you comment on the possibility of a PR speaking about this forcing-to-claim theory early? Also, can you comment on why a VT refuses to claim?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: July 25, 2012, 06:39:35 pm »

Eevee, if you disagree, can you comment on the possibility of a PR speaking about this forcing-to-claim theory early? Also, can you comment on why a VT refuses to claim?
I'm not versed at all in mafia theory (should actually read some stuff, thanks for the link whoever it was).

I just think Frisk seems to be helping town to best of his abilities. Fwiw I think he has softclaimed VT already, I dont know why you are so insistent on him making a full claim? I mean this went perfectly if he is town and wont die today.. we got a town wagon to die without forcing anyone to claim anything. Now lets just find mafia and head to day2!

..oh btw I think manda is our best shot at finding mafia.

timchen

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: July 25, 2012, 06:43:46 pm »

He specifically stated that he didn't claim anything. Why did you find it as a soft claim?

Oh, one thing to think about: the people that are or have been on the wagon are: me, robz, PPS, galz. If he is not scum I bet there has to be a scum there before the votes get to L-1. So who do you think that would be?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: July 25, 2012, 06:47:56 pm »

He specifically stated that he didn't claim anything. Why did you find it as a soft claim?

Oh, one thing to think about: the people that are or have been on the wagon are: me, robz, PPS, galz. If he is not scum I bet there has to be a scum there before the votes get to L-1. So who do you think that would be?

Its a soft claim because I would guess he would have claimed a power role at L-1 if he had one.. I guess its fine to spell this out given mafia is likely to figure it out too (and not mislynching Frisk certainly has value to town if he is indeed clean).

No idea, although I am leaning towards you being clean too. Galzr>Robz>PPS if you forced me to guess!

By the way, this Frisk wagon has been super helpful for town either way, we have gotten a ton of new information (namely guys who cant be mafia pairs, but thats pretty good too). If manda was mafia, do we think she would have lynched Frisk or not?

manda2014

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: July 25, 2012, 08:22:07 pm »

Just to clarify, I agree that standing calmly smoking his last cigarette while the train barrels down on him strikes me as Townish and not scummy. timchen's argument is keeping me on the fence, though.

I agree with this. With only two mafia, they can't afford to have one of them killed D1. I don't like a lot of Frisk's behavior, but I agree that I don't think scum would be so chill at L-1.

Also, Eevee, you'll notice that I put Frisk towards the bottom of my list. I was in no way saying I wanted to lynch him. Just that he was acting suspicious to me.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: July 25, 2012, 08:44:12 pm »

I agree with this. With only two mafia, they can't afford to have one of them killed D1. I don't like a lot of Frisk's behavior, but I agree that I don't think scum would be so chill at L-1.

Also, Eevee, you'll notice that I put Frisk towards the bottom of my list. I was in no way saying I wanted to lynch him. Just that he was acting suspicious to me.

What behavior are you referring to?

manda2014

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: July 25, 2012, 09:19:06 pm »

What behavior are you referring to?

Like I said earlier, a lot of leading. But I'm willing to believe that that's just trying to get discussion going.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: July 25, 2012, 09:20:33 pm »

If you were scum, would you have hammered me?

manda2014

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: July 25, 2012, 09:22:33 pm »

I don't think so. The person who hammers gets way too much suspicion. Especially after I already put you towards the bottom of my list. But I probably would have voted for you.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: July 25, 2012, 09:54:35 pm »

I don't think so. The person who hammers gets way too much suspicion. Especially after I already put you towards the bottom of my list. But I probably would have voted for you.
A really good question and a town-looking answer.

Yeah, its me seeing townies everywhere again. I was even believing Robz's town JOAT-claim in mafia VI (no need to discuss that further, just showing how easily I trust people and how I see town everywhere I look)..

Me wanting a manda lynch less doesnt mean I want Frisk lynch any more. I'm glad PPS unvoted though, no risk of an instant hammer at least. Off to sleeps.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: July 25, 2012, 10:03:44 pm »

Just a reminder guys - its wednesday night - and we have to lynch by saturday.  I'm not super available after friday night - so we should start working on someone.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: July 25, 2012, 10:12:20 pm »

Just a reminder guys - its wednesday night - and we have to lynch by saturday.  I'm not super available after friday night - so we should start working on someone.
Any ideas? I'm fine with almost anyone but Frisk at this point (well, maybe not PPS either), especially because neither Galz or Robz came to Frisk's rescue.

Man I really hope Frisk is clean because if he isnt, this is going to make me look like the biggest jackass there ever was.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: July 25, 2012, 10:22:13 pm »

Any ideas? I'm fine with almost anyone but Frisk at this point (well, maybe not PPS either), especially because neither Galz or Robz came to Frisk's rescue.

Man I really hope Frisk is clean because if he isnt, this is going to make me look like the biggest jackass there ever was.

Frisk is the perfect person to lynch. It's a different Day 1 kill than we usually do, which will be nice, because we are always wrong. He has been making SUCH an effort to be good Mr. Townie. And we know we aren't killing a town power role. Really, he's the best lynch at this point.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: July 25, 2012, 10:26:45 pm »

Frisk is the perfect person to lynch. It's a different Day 1 kill than we usually do, which will be nice, because we are always wrong. He has been making SUCH an effort to be good Mr. Townie. And we know we aren't killing a town power role. Really, he's the best lynch at this point.

Lynching me won't break the streak of being wrong.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: July 25, 2012, 10:27:41 pm »

RobZ888 is the perfect person to lynch. It's a different Day 1 kill than we usually do, which will be nice, because we are always wrong. He has been making SUCH an effort to be a complete lurker. Really, he's the best lynch at this point.

FTFY
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 57  All

Page created in 2.19 seconds with 20 queries.