Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Ill-Gotten Gains + Grand Market  (Read 4159 times)

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
Ill-Gotten Gains + Grand Market
« on: October 17, 2011, 08:05:09 pm »

I think the computer incorrectly plays my coppers automatically when I have 6 w/o copper (via ill-gotten gainses).

philosophyguy

• Minion
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
Re: Ill-Gotten Gains + Grand Market
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 09:01:50 pm »

I think so too. I had a turn where I had $6 without Coppers or $7 with coppers but without IGG, and the +$ button said +$7 rather than +$6. I clicked my treasures manually to avoid the risk of missing the GM, but yes…this should be double-checked.

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +676
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 04:42:53 am »

I think Isotropic has a problem with a lot of the Hinterlands treasures. I don't think I've seen one that it will play at all with the +$x button. Not really sure why you wouldn't want to play all of your Fools Golds or IGGs...

DStu

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 04:54:32 am »

I think Isotropic has a problem with a lot of the Hinterlands treasures. I don't think I've seen one that it will play at all with the +$x button. Not really sure why you wouldn't want to play all of your Fools Golds or IGGs...

Maybe you could wait for your opponent to gain a Province during your buy-phase to transform it to Gold by ... hmm ... wait ...

Edit: Seriously: Isotropic has the problem with many other treasures also. With Quarry it didn't work last time I played it, with Loan it could play everything expect Copper and Loan to wait if you dare to play the Loan to get a GM.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 04:57:50 am by DStu »

def

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +166
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 07:28:44 am »

It probably doesn't let you play all IGGs at once since you must decide for each if you want to gain a copper or not, which should happen one by one and not at the same time.

Taco Lobster

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +74
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 01:44:49 pm »

I would suspect that Venture is the reason you wouldn't want to auto-play Fools Golds. 

Though, now that I type this, I realize that Venture wouldn't change anything.  If you had an FG in hand and Ventured up another one, it wouldn't make a difference which order you played them in - you're still going to end up with $5.

Hmmm...

biopower

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2011, 01:52:58 pm »

Maybe you could wait for your opponent to gain a Province during your buy-phase to transform it to Gold by ... hmm ... wait ...

Edit: Seriously: Isotropic has the problem with many other treasures also. With Quarry it didn't work last time I played it, with Loan it could play everything expect Copper and Loan to wait if you dare to play the Loan to get a GM.

Well, you definitely don't want to autoplay Quarry now that Border Villages are out and could prevent you from gaining a non-action that you otherwise could have. For Loan, if you kept good track of the remaining treasure in your deck, you could know that there's only a Platinum left, and so you wouldn't want to discard it.

Anon79

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +39
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2011, 11:01:54 pm »

Maybe you could wait for your opponent to gain a Province during your buy-phase to transform it to Gold by ... hmm ... wait ... Possession, of course.   

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +676
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2011, 06:11:59 am »

Maybe you could wait for your opponent to gain a Province during your buy-phase to transform it to Gold by ... hmm ... wait ... Possession, of course.   

Yeah but I believe these are the types of exceptions that the choice to play your Treasures individually is there for. Playing them all should be the standard when in 99% of cases that is what you want to do.

Tonks77

• Scout
  • Respect: +25
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2011, 07:09:00 am »

I yesterday had a game where I accidentally played 3 golds by clicking the + button, when I really just wanted to buy a farmland and trash one of the golds for a province (with tunnels in the game I had lots and lots of golds).

Anon79

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +39
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2011, 07:12:53 am »

Yeah but I believe these are the types of exceptions that the choice to play your Treasures individually is there for. Playing them all should be the standard when in 99% of cases that is what you want to do.
Agree absolutely. But it's always nice to fill in the corner cases especially when other people's posts are incomplete ;)

DStu

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2011, 07:17:07 am »

Agree absolutely. But it's always nice to fill in the corner cases especially when other people's posts are incomplete ;)
/thanks
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.692 seconds with 21 queries.