Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97  All

Author Topic: Role Madness Mafia I GAME OVER, everyone wins sort of!  (Read 231629 times)

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
Re: Role Madness Mafia I GAME OVER, everyone wins sort of!
« Reply #2375 on: August 28, 2012, 04:13:08 am »

I was thinking more in general, but even in this game, when someone is lying like that, it's a pretty anti-town move, isn't it? Maybe it's just me, but it seems statistically better to lynch someone who is more likely to be scum than a person who isn't as likely.

well, yeah

but you see, on my end, it looked like you were more likely

we'd lynched liars 3 times and had them turn up town

i was almost certain that jo wasn't Mafia; i thought you might be.

i didn't suspect a serial killer at that point, and we'd gotten rid of the cult.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: August 28, 2012, 04:13:54 am »

And what about the IW/Torturer?

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: August 28, 2012, 04:14:48 am »

@Axxle: there were three people being suspected that day. Me, Eevee and jo. I told them jo was lying and actually gave proof he was. Even if the other townies couldn't really know I was telling the truth, they should be able to see that there were pieces missing from jo that I could account for. Is it the right play to lynch one suspect who is a bit more likely to be mafia if he is scum than to lynch the liar who is more likely to be scum than the first guy?
Honestly wasn't following that closely.  Just wanted to throw out a buzz phrase  ;D
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: August 28, 2012, 04:15:11 am »

Or rather, what made you change your mind? Because you seemed to agree with me at first.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: August 28, 2012, 04:19:32 am »

Or rather, what made you change your mind? Because you seemed to agree with me at first.

i did!

i changed my mind because, like i said, i wasn't thinking about non-mafia scum at that point.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: August 28, 2012, 04:31:03 am »

I'm not sure we understand each other. At first you found my argument reasonable and voted jo. Then you changed your mind because you thought I was more likely to be mafia than the "liar" who wouldn't admit to having double roles and torturing townies? I did mention that there was a possibility of another scum, but people wouldn't really want to try to think that it was a possibility. I felt ignored. D: Not really.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: August 28, 2012, 04:34:36 am »

Btw, one thing I did well in this game was not getting lynched. Townies wanted me dead almost every day, but in the end we always lynched scum instead so hurray! I mean I should play less scummy and not be on the top of our freaking cop's lynch list even after he investigated me, but other than that..

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: August 28, 2012, 04:37:21 am »

Yeah. I think this game was a good first game for me. A lot of power confusion for me to hide my noobness behind. Also, got some help from my team mates.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: August 28, 2012, 05:25:01 am »

I have no idea what is going on here.

Well played, jo.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: August 28, 2012, 08:03:23 am »

@Lekkit. Yes you were 100% dead on about the Volt JoaT slip, which you can see in my QT (which is not THAT interesting, but is worth a peruse). I was terrified when you pinned me like that.

But boy did I talk myself blue trying to get out of all the lies I was getting caught in.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
Re: Role Madness Mafia I (Day 10 Started, PM for Spectator's QT)
« Reply #2385 on: August 28, 2012, 08:11:42 am »

I did! And it wouldn't have protected me from a lynch! Cayvie probably lied about before so that if she found herself in a position like I would be in now, were I scum, she could trick the town into lynching someone else by claiming to be lynch proof. You have to admire the planning ahead.

Thank you for this, jo.
I laughed so hard.  ;D

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: August 28, 2012, 08:18:08 am »

I strongly believe in "It ain't over til it's over"

There's some mocking of me toward the end of the Curse QT also.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: August 28, 2012, 08:30:32 am »

I strongly believe in "It ain't over til it's over"

There's some mocking of me toward the end of the Curse QT also.

It's not mocking; I just found it hilarious.

And I agree; play it the best you can until you lose. That said, I kinda disliked theo and eHalc "giving up" in MVI.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: August 28, 2012, 08:54:15 am »

Sometime I'll put together an explanation of who I did what to.

I don't understand eHalc's claims that my rolecopping was stronger than the other options which were:

1. Cop and get 3 VP if you caught someone anti town.
2. Watch AND track AND gain 1 VP
3. Get someones full rolename history.

Sure - I could catch someone in a lie - but you saw how good that was with tim f'ng chen (seriously dude - no lieing), but the other 2 were just as effective at that.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: August 28, 2012, 10:25:50 am »

I don't understand eHalc's claims that my rolecopping was stronger than the other options which were:

Sure - I could catch someone in a lie - but you saw how good that was with tim f'ng chen (seriously dude - no lieing), but the other 2 were just as effective at that.

Every curser except me would have been in deep, deep trouble if you would have chosen the third option. We ALSO would have been in trouble if you'd chosen the cop option, though. Except Lekkit, who was investigation immune (eHal, would C_F still have gotten the +3 vp?). You definitely could have caught jo with the third option.

@Lekkit, cayvie, jo The thing that frustrated me was that nobody in the whole game had been tortured to that point, so it was pretty obviously a BM power. But all the BMs were in the trash! So like, super easy to connect the dots. I can *understand* (not approve of, but understand) town making some lies, but they wouldn't lie about torturing someone in the endgame. That's way anti-town.

Also, considering that the first couple days included lynches on town liars and there was a modkill against town, it felt even worse that the cursers were eliminated so easily. Imagine if Shark_Bait was still around at the end! But I guess town didn't win anyway so eh.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: August 28, 2012, 10:30:48 am »

Yeah, choosing Torturer in the first place was dumb. I wasn't thinking about cayvie's actual role. Granted I couldn't work out how the other options would help me, and eHalc's description of Envoy was not clear (I just now realized it would have replaced Frisk's investigative result).

He/him

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: August 28, 2012, 11:17:00 am »

Every curser except me would have been in deep, deep trouble if you would have chosen the third option. We ALSO would have been in trouble if you'd chosen the cop option, though. Except Lekkit, who was investigation immune (eHal, would C_F still have gotten the +3 vp?). You definitely could have caught jo with the third option.

@Lekkit, cayvie, jo The thing that frustrated me was that nobody in the whole game had been tortured to that point, so it was pretty obviously a BM power. But all the BMs were in the trash! So like, super easy to connect the dots. I can *understand* (not approve of, but understand) town making some lies, but they wouldn't lie about torturing someone in the endgame. That's way anti-town.

Also, considering that the first couple days included lynches on town liars and there was a modkill against town, it felt even worse that the cursers were eliminated so easily. Imagine if Shark_Bait was still around at the end! But I guess town didn't win anyway so eh.

For my final action - I watched yuma (to see who blasted him) and tracked Jo (since he had been instructed not to target).  He was BUSTED.  Too bad I was too.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: August 28, 2012, 11:20:10 am »

I just think the history was far more reliable in busting apart huge lies.  You could figure out who had been the original Noble Brigand, for one thing.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: August 28, 2012, 11:26:26 am »

For my final action - I watched yuma (to see who blasted him) and tracked Jo (since he had been instructed not to target).  He was BUSTED.  Too bad I was too.

My options, from my perspective, were 1) Do nothing, and have Frisk sort of clear me. or 2) Do things and kill Frisk.

He/him

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: August 28, 2012, 12:37:47 pm »

My options, from my perspective, were 1) Do nothing, and have Frisk sort of clear me. or 2) Do things and kill Frisk.

Its a shame - because if I had full copped you - i would have survived by 2 points.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: August 28, 2012, 01:04:54 pm »

Oh, on an earlier question:

If CF had copped Lekkit, he would not have gotten +3VP.  That would just be a giveaway.

However, yuma would not have received +1VP for Embargoing Lekkit.  His pseudo-investigation was not so effective anyway.  Lack of +VP doesn't really say much, especially since it comes a day late.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: August 28, 2012, 01:19:58 pm »

Wait, if everyone in the trash wins, do I also win twice?
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: August 28, 2012, 01:25:45 pm »

You sort of win twice. :P
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: August 28, 2012, 01:26:42 pm »

What was your first win? :P

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: August 28, 2012, 01:27:45 pm »

What was your first win? :P
Axxle1 trashed, Axxle2 trashed.  Two trash wins?
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97  All

Page created in 2.151 seconds with 20 queries.