Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97  All

Author Topic: Role Madness Mafia I GAME OVER, everyone wins sort of!  (Read 231630 times)

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
Re: Role Madness Mafia I GAME OVER, everyone wins sort of!
« Reply #2350 on: August 27, 2012, 11:06:41 pm »

Curse was so scared of the IW. ;D

I'm sad eHal's comment made me take Joth over Volt (my original choice cause he was scum) on KC night. I would've held 3.5 of 4.5 cursers at that time! :)

I knew Dsell was, and I knew Volt was. I suspected Joth was scummy too. Props to Insomniac who I was just lucky to have. I didn't know you were scum. I was about 50% on Axxle, which is great seeing as he was kinda curse.

How did you know I was curse? Besides my general scumminess which was intentional. I figured making myself look scummy then explaining it all away with the ultimate result of not massclaiming (which seemed very important to us at the time) might work out. Obviously several people were suspicious initially, but I figured they would understand when I explained what I had done.

It had to do with things said during the day that could only have been known before hand by information being passed from the inside. You and Volt both committed that crime as I recall.

Plus, you were both legitimately scummy. But from my perspective you knew things you shouldn't. Don't recall what exactly though.

I'm not at all surprised I was reading scummy by Day 3, I was trying to read scummy so that we could pull off the long con and I would be a sacrifice to it!

But then Galz and IW and blaeargh.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: August 27, 2012, 11:06:54 pm »

All the Black Market Choices

Lighthouse: You cannot lose VP until the start of the next night (this includes from lynch).  (If two of you choose this, the -1VP penalty will still be incurred.)

Nobles: You get +2 VP.  For the next day, you have twice the voting power.  I will always count your most recent two votes (the older one will not show up in vote counts).  Unvoting will cancel both votes.  If you vote for the same person twice without unvoting, both will count!  (If two of you choose this, the reward and penalty both apply so you will start the day at +1 VP).

Witch: Every other player gets -1 VP.

---

Spy: You may target one other player.  You will be told either who they targeted that night, or who targeted them, your choice.

Island: You may set aside up to two of your +VP.  This will make your public VP count appear lower than it actually is by 2.  Effectively, this means that you “lose” -2VP, but will win if you get to +8VP and die if you fall to -12VP.  Note: the red/green VP change indicators in the day start post will still be correct relative to your actual total, so it may look like a mistake in the day 3 count.   However, I will state in that post that there is no mistake.

Wishing Well: Wish for a card (role name).  If your wish is successful, you will use that power tonight.  If applicable, I will ask you for target names (I will tell you how many to target).  You will not be told what the card you wished for actually does (if the card requires more info, I will fill it in myself).  Your wish is only successful if the card already belongs to a living player in the game.  I will tell you if your wish is successful or not.  You may not wish for Black Market or Wishing Well. Special rule: For the Black Market bonus, your wish choice will be what you actually chose.  For example, if all three of you choose Wishing Well but wished for different things, it will count as you having chosen different things and you will NOT get the +3VP bonus.  Sorry!

---

Chancellor: The deck is flipped, i.e. the next day ends immediately after I post the day start (if more than one of you picks this, it will not stack -- i.e. we won’t have three nights in a row).

Jester: Just for the next day, if you are lynched you get +10VP instead of negative VP. :D  (You will still be alive after the lynch, of course.)

King's Court: You may target another player for... interesting results.  You may not target each other (because that will give us all headaches.)
---

Watchtower: During the night, you will be notified whenever another player targets you.  You will be told the card name (role) of the player, but not the player’s name.  You may then decide whether to allow the action or to cancel it.

Oracle: Target one other player.  You will learn their faction.

Tournament: You may devise a post restriction (within reason -- I will judge this).  At the start of the day, I will announce that there is a Tournament and provide the restriction.  Players who break the restriction will be knocked out of the tournament.  The last player remaining will be given +4VP.

---

Chapel: You may immediately set any living player (including yourself) to 0 VP.  This is resolved BEFORE other night actions and the Black Market bonus/penalty, so your target may end up higher or lower by day start.

Monument: At day start you are set at exactly +1VP more than what you had at night start.  This is resolved AFTER other night actions.  This also means that you are guaranteed to survive the night.  (If more than one of you choose this, there will be no penalty or bonus because the action itself will reset it anyway).

Saboteur: Distribute -1VP to every other player with more VP than you, as of PCE 5.5.

--

Graverobber: Select one Card from the Trash; you will use that power tonight.  If applicable, I will ask you for target names (I will tell you how many to target).  You will not be told what the card you wished for actually does (if the card requires more info, I will fill it in myself).  You will not be able to gain day powers using this.

Moat: Target one other player.  That player’s night actions will not be conducted.

Stash: You may target one other player to receive +2VP.  Any VP loss they would take this night and for the next day will be prevented, and you will take half of it instead (does not include VP loss from lynch).

I just played this game. I open with a bit of an advantage on 5/2, and some pretty good early draws. My opponent makes the very reasonable-seeming transition into scheme-saboteur. Sure, sab might not be that great, but playing one every turn is much more appealing. So I counter this buy... using stash! And not just everything-on-top. I line it up so I have 5-card hand, stash, 5-card hand, stash, etc. etc. So every turn, he turns a stash into a silver. And my lead is totally preserved.
Just felt like posting this because people are always looking for ways of using stash creatively, and not just all-my-stashes-lined-up-atop-my-deck.

--

Haggler: Target one other player.  That player will receive +2VP.  That player will also be able to target another player, who will receive +1VP.

Jack of All Trades: Target one other player.  You will be told their role name.  If you are below 0 VP, +1VP.  Tonight and for the rest of the day, any negative VP you receive will be halved.

Governor: You get +3 VP, every other player gets +1 VP.

--

Council Room: Target up to two other players.  A new QT will be created where you and the targeted players will have night and day chat.  All players involved will only be informed that Council Room was played, thus giving them the QT.

Envoy: Target one other player.  You may write them a letter to be sent by me at dawn (i.e. just before day starts).  This will also replace any communication they would otherwise receive from me at that time.  They will be informed that an Envoy has replaced what they would normally have gotten.

Torturer: Target one other player. They must choose to either take -2VP or to not use their role ability this night and the next day. They will have to choose before the day begins.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 11:10:57 pm by eHalcyon »

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: August 27, 2012, 11:10:05 pm »

Fun fact, if all three BMs had been alive and able to choose Governor together, they more or less would have all won the game (+8 each, and +3 to everyone else).
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: August 27, 2012, 11:12:34 pm »

Fun fact, if all three BMs had been alive and able to choose Governor together, they more or less would have all won the game (+8 each, and +3 to everyone else).

I came up with Governor before that BM mini-game was created.  If the BMs were all alive at the point where Governor would have come up, I would have changed it or replaced it. :P

e.g. I would have added a clause like, "This is obviously the best choice if everyone picks it so you won't get the BM-trifecta bonus if you do.  BM-double penalty is still possible."
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 11:13:48 pm by eHalcyon »

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: August 27, 2012, 11:41:54 pm »

Fun Facts:

I had no clue why I wasn't lynched. That power was never made known to me in the game.

I didn't know my power was so Bastardly at the start.

I was never explicitly made aware that I had an Acolyte.

I was never told during the game exactly what would happen if I "won", but was told I would be reborn.

I was told after the game that I would've been rebirthed into a non-aligned, X-shot Woodcutter, capable of Stumping people for a night.

I was SURE that eHal had played KC on me himself as "The Player" out of sympathy.

In a letter I wrote to my Acolyte on my death bed (through the mod, of course), I told him that if he had to reform from scratch that he should take Insomniac early since he seemed trustworthy.

Umm, that's all that come to mind atm.

Oh, and much of what I said in the thread was bullshit trying to cover for Robz outing me - although you all knew that having read the IW QT. Still, I was rather proud of myself for having to think on the fly and come up with something that not only fit my story, but also matched within reason the situation that Robz/Axxle were putting me in. In all, I think I did a fairly good job - I certainly threw a wrench into the Curses schemes.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2355 on: August 27, 2012, 11:55:05 pm »

Axxle became "mostly Deck aligned" -- on a night when he had -5VP or worse, he would be allowed to choose to become Curse-aligned Curse Axxle2 (forsaking his role).  The Curse role had no powers whatsoever.
Why did I choose to board a sinking ship? Why?
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: August 27, 2012, 11:58:30 pm »

Axxle became "mostly Deck aligned" -- on a night when he had -5VP or worse, he would be allowed to choose to become Curse-aligned Curse Axxle2 (forsaking his role).  The Curse role had no powers whatsoever.

I could see through to your inner scum and knew that you were truly evil. You were the first of my scum collection!Even of you yourself didn't know it to be true yet!
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: August 27, 2012, 11:58:35 pm »

I have no idea. XD

I wish you could've been reset to zero VPs though. :-\
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: August 28, 2012, 12:02:20 am »

Oh yeah:

I'll flip curse as soon as I can. (I guess right when night starts?)

Holy smokes that is exactly what I wanted you to do for maximum epicness.

So I'll say that flipping Curse probably wasn't the best idea, except that people seem to trust you right now and this is probably the most fun thing for you to do.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: August 28, 2012, 12:34:27 am »

Oh yeah:

Holy smokes that is exactly what I wanted you to do for maximum epicness.

So I'll say that flipping Curse probably wasn't the best idea, except that people seem to trust you right now and this is probably the most fun thing for you to do.

I didn't think you would die so soon after that.  I was hoping that you were going to fool everyone! :P

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: August 28, 2012, 12:53:22 am »

Great game, everyone!

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: August 28, 2012, 01:10:08 am »

And jo, was your mixup with Volt being Jack of All Trades a mixup or was i right when I said you knew how it worked? Obviously I knew how it worked, as I was part of the Curse faction, and we knew EVERYTHING (not really).

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: August 28, 2012, 01:13:02 am »

And to be honest, I don't get why I was lynched. There was an exposed liar, seriously, where would the IW have gone if I didn't have it? I wouldn't be able to do all the craziness that jo was able to do with the trash pile, and I guess I would've been lynched the day after that. But I was actually telling the truth the whole day when it came to jo. It's a pity you couldn't see that.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: August 28, 2012, 01:20:13 am »

BTW everyone when you lynched me I DID breadcrumb I was trolling at that point with a post that had capital letters spelling out "troll"
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: August 28, 2012, 02:00:47 am »

And to be honest, I don't get why I was lynched. There was an exposed liar, seriously, where would the IW have gone if I didn't have it? I wouldn't be able to do all the craziness that jo was able to do with the trash pile, and I guess I would've been lynched the day after that. But I was actually telling the truth the whole day when it came to jo. It's a pity you couldn't see that.
We DID see that!! Too bad Jot was unlynchable so it didn't help us.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: August 28, 2012, 02:07:47 am »

No, you didn't see it. cayvie saw it but then backed down. And voted for me, since I was scummy for exposing his lies. You skipped looking at the evidence and voted for me. Again, it's not that I was lynched that's frustrating, but the fact that there was almost certain proof that jo was lying and you simply ignored it.

[EDIT (because I can):] I am talking about day 9.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: August 28, 2012, 02:28:55 am »

Lynching the mafia instead of the serial killer was indeed so stupid of us, no wonder town lost!

:)

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: August 28, 2012, 02:41:39 am »

What you actually did was lynch someone you suspected of being mafia and not the guy who was obviously lying. There was no proof I was mafia, there was however proof that jo was lying badly. And in an anti-town way. Not really sure why you lynched me instead of him.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: August 28, 2012, 03:15:53 am »

What you actually did was lynch someone you suspected of being mafia and not the guy who was obviously lying. There was no proof I was mafia, there was however proof that jo was lying badly. And in an anti-town way. Not really sure why you lynched me instead of him.

because i didn't suspect that there was a serial killer as well as a cult.

and jo was pretty much cleared in my mind at that point for outing insomniac.

and the proof was your word.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: August 28, 2012, 03:38:28 am »

Lynch mafia not scum

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2370 on: August 28, 2012, 03:52:36 am »

Lynch mafia not scum
Lynch lekkit not joth.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: August 28, 2012, 03:53:12 am »

@cayvie: Someone had to be IW. I was. There would be NO REASON AT ALL for Dsell to out someone else as using two powers if his scumbuddy was. That's just plain bad play. Someone had to be Torturer. Sure It could be me, but that would make no sense at all if I was curse, and even less if I was town as the only way Dsell would've known about a double role would be due to investigation and why would he say someone else had it? As I said earlier, the sab would've explained the town's loss of points when jo chose it. It's all the small pieces together that makes it a lie that would be almost impossible for me to make.

@Axxle: there were three people being suspected that day. Me, Eevee and jo. I told them jo was lying and actually gave proof he was. Even if the other townies couldn't really know I was telling the truth, they should be able to see that there were pieces missing from jo that I could account for. Is it the right play to lynch one suspect who is a bit more likely to be mafia if he is scum than to lynch the liar who is more likely to be scum than the first guy?

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: August 28, 2012, 04:00:23 am »

Is it the right play to lynch one suspect who is a bit more likely to be mafia if he is scum than to lynch the liar who is more likely to be scum than the first guy?

well, this game doesn't really provide evidence to answer that question either way, really.

as both of you were scum.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: August 28, 2012, 04:07:53 am »

I was thinking more in general, but even in this game, when someone is lying like that, it's a pretty anti-town move, isn't it? Maybe it's just me, but it seems statistically better to lynch someone who is more likely to be scum than a person who isn't as likely.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: August 28, 2012, 04:08:29 am »

I'm not really very experienced in mafia-theory, so I could be wrong.
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97  All

Page created in 2.3 seconds with 20 queries.