Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Dominion Vault iPhone Randomizer, Now with Hinterlands Support!  (Read 5533 times)

scottyo

• Herbalist
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dominion-vault/id451095834?mt=8&ls=1

For all of you iPhone users out there, Dominion Vault was just released on the Appstore this last week. I thought some of you might be interested as it provides all the card text, along with the FAQs that go along with each card. This will help your games move more quickly as you won't have to pull out the rules during a game.

Also, there is a Banished list where you can banish cards from ever appearing in your sets, and all of the recommended sets from the rules are included as well. The Black Market Deck implementation is the best on the Appstore as well.

This past weekend, I submitted the version 1.1 update, which adds a Black Market banished list to avoid including cards that don't make sense in the Black Market (Treasure Map, Possibly Trade Route if you don't want to have to remember to put a token on each victory card). Also added are the Alchemy Rules (3-5 Alchemy Cards), No Attacks, and Ensure Reaction options.

I am constantly working on this app to make it the best randomizer on the store! If you have any feature requests, feel free to ask, and I will add them if they make sense for the utility of the application. I hope you all enjoy!

Scott
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 01:25:47 am by scottyo »

scottyo

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion Vault iPhone Randomizer
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 07:45:14 pm »

Version 1.1 is live in the AppStore! I will be submitting version 1.2 soon, which will add the ability to save sets for use later. Just a teaser, I have something special up my sleeve for version 1.3. I am sure many of you will enjoy it!

Scott

Graystripe77

• Tactician
  • Respect: +94
    • View Profile
    • Dreamkeeperscomic.com
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 07:51:33 pm »
+1

now i need an iphone.....

scottyo

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 01:45:25 pm »

The version 1.2 update for Dominion Vault is now available on the AppStore!

This update is packed with new features!

New Features:
- Added Saved Sets. Now you can save your favorite sets for future use!

- Added History feature, to recall last 5 played sets (accessible in advanced options).

- Added an undo feature to the Black Market Deck
- Added a reset feature to the Black Market Deck
- Added Young Witch to the Black Market Deck

- Huge graphical overhaul: added option for color coding the cells based on type; added option to display set name instead of card type at the end of each row; Changed from a tab view controller to a toolbar layout, much easier access to the different views of the app; added different backgrounds to Black Market Deck and Card Rules, etc.

Bug Fixes:
- Fixed bug where the app would crash when you drew the last card from the Black Market Deck.
- Fixed incorrect Wishing Well cost.

As you can see from this thread, I am quick to add new features that are requested. That being said, let me know what new features you would like!

Scott

ChaosRed

• Duke
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 01:49:51 pm »

Went looking for this on Android and didn't find it. I assume it is iPhone only, no compatible version for the Droid yet?

Buggz

• Spy
  • Respect: +12
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 02:33:51 pm »

DominionShuffle is a nice and customizable Android app for shuffling purposes.

ChaosRed

• Duke
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 07:43:04 pm »

I'll look for it, thanks Buggz!

scottyo

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2011, 01:25:22 am »

Hey everyone,
with the exciting new release of Hinterlands coming up soon, I have just submitted the next update for Dominion Vault with Hinterlands support!

The new version includes all card text for all the leaked cards from Hinterlands (26 total) along with a bunch of other new features:

- Ability to require +Buy or +2 Action cards
- Ability to restrict the app from choosing cards that give out curses (Embargo, Witch, Ill-Gotten Gains)
- Ability to lock cards and randomize the rest
- Shake to sort (useful after replacing a card or changing the sort option)
- A new way to navigate the card text and faqs so that you don't have to return to the random set screen.
- a new catch-all button for special setup (VP tokens, Black Market, colonies and platinums, etc.)

All of the features added are specifically requested features, so be sure to request your feature if you'd like one added. I want to make sure that you continue to enjoy your purchase long after it was made.

Enjoy!

Scott

P.S. I am still working on the iPad version, for those of you wondering...

xBino

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion Vault iPhone Randomizer, Now with Hinterlands Support!
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2011, 02:48:51 am »

hi scott,

really liking your app!  however, i dont see any of the hinterlands card show up in the banished card category, but they seem to populate everywhere just fine.  user error perhaps?

msuroo

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2011, 01:09:41 pm »

Hi Scott,

Love the app - I do have one suggestion though.  When sorting cards by cost, the app is currently set up such that 2<2p<3.  I know this how isotropic does it, but whenever I set up a live game, I always put potion cards at the "end", such that a list ordered by cost would look something like 4<5<0p<2p (this is how Kingdom Deck did it too).  It would be cool to have this as an option.

scottyo

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2011, 10:17:07 am »

Hey guys,
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, usually I am faster than this. I don't get any notifications from this forum (like BGG), so I only see replies when I check this specific post.

As for the bug, where the hinterlands cards don't show up in the available cards in the banished list, this is a flaw in the way I save that information. It was pointed out by another user a few days ago, and I am currently working on a fix. To summarize the flaw, basically I am saving not only your banished cards, but also your available cards. When I updated the list to hinterlands, it didn't write over your available cards, so the hinterlands cards never got entered there. I am going to modify it so that the available cards are repopulated based on the cards you have banished.

The next update (coming in the next week or so), will include this as well as the new Governor promo card.

As far as the card sorting goes, I'll look into providing an option for that. I actually prefer the way you are describing it as well, so I'll see what I can do.

If you guys want to get a hold of me to leave more feed back, you can post here, or you can e-mail me at scuttledevelopment@gmail.com. I am fastest when responding to that (usually replying within a matter of hours, sometimes minutes).

Let me know if there is anything else!

Scott

scottyo

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2011, 10:11:39 am »

Just thought I'd let you guys know, I just submitted an update with the features/bugs that you requested.

- I fixed the bug that was keeping the Hinterlands cards from showing up in the allowed cards in the banished list.
- I added an option (in advanced options) to sort cards with potions in the cost towards the end of the set (4 < 5 < 0P <2P) instead of within the set (2 < 2P < 3 < 3P)
- Also, I made the button in each card's row easier to press, so that when you tap the arrow you'll go to the rules without accidentally locking a card. (it was bugging me, so I fixed it).
- Finally, I added the Governor card with the card text and all the rules that go along with it, for all of you Essen players who got the card already.

Let me know if there is anything else to be added!

Scott

msuroo

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2011, 08:43:44 pm »

Just thought I'd let you guys know, I just submitted an update with the features/bugs that you requested.

- I fixed the bug that was keeping the Hinterlands cards from showing up in the allowed cards in the banished list.
- I added an option (in advanced options) to sort cards with potions in the cost towards the end of the set (4 < 5 < 0P <2P) instead of within the set (2 < 2P < 3 < 3P)
- Also, I made the button in each card's row easier to press, so that when you tap the arrow you'll go to the rules without accidentally locking a card. (it was bugging me, so I fixed it).
- Finally, I added the Governor card with the card text and all the rules that go along with it, for all of you Essen players who got the card already.

Let me know if there is anything else to be added!

Scott

Love it - thanks!

Auto-Destruct Sequence

• Ambassador
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2012, 08:05:06 am »
+1

Love your app. Definatly the best kingdom builder out there hands down.

I do have one request. Would it be possible for you to add an interface for a user to be able to add fan cards to the list. I would love this feature and it would definatly put you leaps and bounds above the competition I would even be willing to pay for an upgraded PRO version just to get this. Thanks for listening and keep up the good work.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.397 seconds with 21 queries.