Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 42  All

Author Topic: Mafia Queue  (Read 104954 times)

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Queue
« Reply #800 on: October 30, 2012, 02:12:59 pm »

I heard some talk about running some normalish games at some point soon. I'd be interested in playing / potentially co-modding any game like that. Crazy roles and mechanics are fun, but that doesn't make normal games not fun. Something like MXII would be great, where you have some interesting roles but nothing super wacky.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: October 30, 2012, 02:18:31 pm »

/mafia deficiency.

1.5 games = not enough.
I was also going to say it's your fault that you're not in 2.5 games, but I checked (the now-cancelled) ZM3, and you were signed up.

I'm still shocked it didn't go.  Such a great format.

Says the guy who outted leading to me cancelling :P
Yeah, I take full credit/blame.  It had been open a month or more, I bumped it two or three times, and we couldn't get to 9?  The final straw though was Hydra starting, and there were something like 4 posts in 24 hours.  I concluded, accurately or not, that folks just don't have time for mafia.

Having said that, see next post.
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: October 30, 2012, 02:19:17 pm »

Yeah, I'm always down to co-mod. I find modding more interesting/fun than actually playing, but that's part of the problem we have right now.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: October 30, 2012, 02:22:24 pm »

I didn't understand why ZM3 had to go away either.  There isn't that much mafia going on.  ehalc's game is nearing the halfway point.  RobZ's game shouldn't count, BM6 is bastard, so nobody is taking it seriously, and jorbles game is also nearing halfway.  It's perfectly reasonable to think about starting another game around now.
Insom - want to uncancel it?  I'll jump back in, and I'd immediately (and relentlessly) PM folks until we had 9.  I'll just go through the member list in alphabetical order, starting with O, then moving to Pops.

Post-post edit: Ninja'd.  I'll re-in in the thread.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 02:24:29 pm by SwitchedFromStarcraft »
Posting begets posting.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: October 30, 2012, 02:57:24 pm »

You learn a lot of cool stuff going through the list of forum members.

As of this writing, TINAS has a nice round 1200 posts.
Posting begets posting.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: October 30, 2012, 06:01:24 pm »

I heard some talk about running some normalish games at some point soon. I'd be interested in playing / potentially co-modding any game like that. Crazy roles and mechanics are fun, but that doesn't make normal games not fun. Something like MXII would be great, where you have some interesting roles but nothing super wacky.

I've got a normal-ish game in the queue, don't know what number it is at this point.  Last I heard, it'd be MXX.

It's Buffy-flavored, but normal game, although with more flavor.  Not bastard, not role madness.  Roles are done, PMs almost written, no sign-up thread or anything.

I will definitely need a co-mod.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: October 30, 2012, 06:07:25 pm »

If you need it I'm down.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: October 30, 2012, 06:26:29 pm »

I am willing to make mine a more normal game if that is the consensus. I like the idea of doing the draft mechanic, but if it isn't popular I am ok with switching it over to a simpler game. I'll cross post this in the MXVI signup thread for comment

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: October 30, 2012, 07:04:01 pm »

I've got a normal-ish game in the queue, don't know what number it is at this point.  Last I heard, it'd be MXX.

It's Buffy-flavored, but normal game, although with more flavor.  Not bastard, not role madness.  Roles are done, PMs almost written, no sign-up thread or anything.

just wanna say: you should make absolutely sure, with a setting with flavor this strong, that your setup is not breakable with a mass-claim.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: October 30, 2012, 07:39:45 pm »

just wanna say: you should make absolutely sure, with a setting with flavor this strong, that your setup is not breakable with a mass-claim.

Good advice.  I keep running through those scenarios, and how to keep it from being breakable.  Luckily, I'm using C9++ to set it up, and that's a well-known open setup.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #810 on: October 30, 2012, 07:40:00 pm »

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: October 30, 2012, 07:47:10 pm »

Good advice.  I keep running through those scenarios, and how to keep it from being breakable.  Luckily, I'm using C9++ to set it up, and that's a well-known open setup.

fortunately, buffy has plenty of characters who could be town or scum (angel, spike, tara, willow, faith), so maybe there's not toooo much trouble there.

still, you might consider giving fake-claims to the obvscum roles at the start (eg: you are The First Evil, SK. there is no player who is Giles in the game; you can claim to be him with impunity)
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: October 30, 2012, 07:56:24 pm »

fortunately, buffy has plenty of characters who could be town or scum (angel, spike, tara, willow, faith), so maybe there's not toooo much trouble there.

still, you might consider giving fake-claims to the obvscum roles at the start (eg: you are The First Evil, SK. there is no player who is Giles in the game; you can claim to be him with impunity)

Nice idea.  I've actually solved the name-claim problem, though.  You'll see if you sign up/spec, whenever it actually opens.

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: November 01, 2012, 08:11:32 am »

Nevermind
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 09:38:02 am by Ozle »
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: November 04, 2012, 09:03:41 pm »

Been having this weird idea for a Doctor Who themed RMM game.

Except Mafia has to kill The Doctor, but every time The Doctor is killed another random Town-aligned player becomes the new doctor. Mafia would win once they've killed the Doctor X amount of times.

Would anyone be interested?

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: November 04, 2012, 09:05:12 pm »

Except Mafia has to kill The Doctor, but every time The Doctor is killed another random Town-aligned player becomes the new doctor. Mafia would win once they've killed the Doctor X amount of times.

YES
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: November 04, 2012, 09:15:12 pm »

Goodness YES
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Abra655

• View Profile
« Reply #817 on: November 05, 2012, 12:57:15 pm »

I just got on the forum unde heavy pressure from a member, read through a couple of mafia games, and then saw this nothing has made me happier. PLEASE make DOCTORWHO mafia!

Goodness YES

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: November 05, 2012, 01:04:03 pm »

/inb4robz
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: November 05, 2012, 01:09:18 pm »

Goodness YES

I just got on the forum unde heavy pressure from a member, read through a couple of mafia games, and then saw this nothing has made me happier. PLEASE make DOCTORWHO mafia!

Welcome to the forums!

While this flavour game would (and hopefully will) be massively exciting, it is also quite a long, long ways off. However, I highly encourage you to jump into any of the other games that start between now and then. If there's enough interest, a game can be set up and run for mostly newer players, or you could jump right in with all the 'ole Vets. They don't bite (usually. Watch out for Frisk), I promise! ;D
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 01:10:24 pm by Galzria »
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: November 05, 2012, 01:12:21 pm »

Goodness YES

Welcome to the forums!

While this flavour game would (and hopefully will) be massively exciting, it is also quite a long, long ways off. However, I highly encourage you to jump into any of the other games that start between now and then. If there's enough interest, a game can be set up and run for mostly newer players, or you could jump right in with all the 'ole Vets. They don't bite (usually. Watch out for Frisk), I promise! ;D

He doesn't bite but he's always scum. Instalynch him.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: November 05, 2012, 05:17:21 pm »

This morning on my walk to work I came up with an entire set up for the Shakespeare mafia Volt decided NOT to do (R&J). So if Shakespeare Mafia I goes well, I call dibs on modding #2.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: November 05, 2012, 05:23:16 pm »

This morning on my walk to work I came up with an entire set up for the Shakespeare mafia Volt decided NOT to do (R&J). So if Shakespeare Mafia I goes well, I call dibs on modding #2.

I wholeheartedly approve and endorse this message.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: November 05, 2012, 05:32:32 pm »

Haha, wow thanks for the interest! And even a new member because of the game! :P

Like others have said, it's a long ways off. But if people would rather play that then DoMafia, I remove DoMafia and put in RMM6: Who's Doctor Who?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: November 05, 2012, 07:37:11 pm »

won't be on much next few days. just found out my grandmother passed away.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 42  All

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 20 queries.