Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 42  All

Author Topic: Mafia Queue  (Read 100403 times)

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Queue
« Reply #500 on: September 20, 2012, 03:26:19 pm »

If I try my hand at running a Role Madness game in the future (and it would be significantly far in the future methinks), it will be Mega Man-themed.  Everyone gets to be a Robot Master.  Atrocious voice acting not required.

Ok, I want to do a Role Madness game, where the theme will be 'Things I can see in my room'

Will it be PG?

Depends, if you define PG as Paranoid Grandeur....then yes, yes it will because its MAGNIFICENT!
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: September 20, 2012, 03:28:27 pm »

Ahhh i have missed posting random bullshit on forums.

If you are reading this Theory, i apologise for cluttering your lovely message board with crap.....Well, a little!

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: September 20, 2012, 05:05:56 pm »

So, would you guys like Hydra, or Second Chance, or something more regular (ala MVIII)?

Hydra.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: September 20, 2012, 05:06:14 pm »

So, would you guys like Hydra, or Second Chance, or something more regular (ala MVIII)?

Hydra.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: September 20, 2012, 05:06:58 pm »

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: September 20, 2012, 06:47:35 pm »

I guess I should post here that I would like to host another game and get in line. I finished hosting mx recently so am ok if a few people want to jump ahead if me.

It will be a unique game based off one from mafia scum that involves a draft process...

Is it a variation of Pick Your Power X/Y because that one looks cool?

Yes it will be! I am a little hesitant about it because it appears to have never been played before, so I may or may not change it up a bit. But I think it has some great potential and some new twists that I think our theory guys will either hate or love.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: September 20, 2012, 07:17:43 pm »

Would people play a Deep Space Nine themed game? What with the threat of changeling infiltrators it seems like a perfect fit, and I've already thought of a few cool role gimmicks.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: September 20, 2012, 07:27:30 pm »

Would people play a Deep Space Nine themed game? What with the threat of changeling infiltrators it seems like a perfect fit, and I've already thought of a few cool role gimmicks.

at the rate that people are coming up with new games, we need to 1. start more games 2. recruit more people to populate them

and yes, sounds interesting

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: September 20, 2012, 07:39:24 pm »

Like this might be a game where flavor claiming is actually encouraged (because hell, it always seems to happen anyway.) But instead of hunting for (insert franchise bad guy), you're hunting for the changeling infiltrators, and they could be Bashir, Dax, Garak, anybody. Of course, if the idea is encouraging flavor claiming I'd have to shy away from obvious stuff like making Bashir a doctor ... Well I'll keep thinking about it. Not gonna run another game for a while anyway.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: September 20, 2012, 08:52:33 pm »

Like I said, we're gonna need Julian Bashir.
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: September 20, 2012, 08:53:24 pm »

Like this might be a game where flavor claiming is actually encouraged (because hell, it always seems to happen anyway.) But instead of hunting for (insert franchise bad guy), you're hunting for the changeling infiltrators, and they could be Bashir, Dax, Garak, anybody. Of course, if the idea is encouraging flavor claiming I'd have to shy away from obvious stuff like making Bashir a doctor ... Well I'll keep thinking about it. Not gonna run another game for a while anyway.
Wow, I've never been pre-ninja'd before.
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: September 21, 2012, 11:17:31 am »

Hydra it is. Gonna make it soon, when I catch some time and work out the details.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: September 21, 2012, 12:58:30 pm »

Yeah, yuma, this is happening. Add me to the end of the cue. DS9 mafia, a non-bastard game. Don't know that I'd even call it role madness, although everyone will probably have at least a little bit of a role. Basically the setup will be a more complicated version of the setup Voltaire used for ZM3 - semi-open, and players won't know whether they're hunting for changelings, Maquis, or mirror universe doubles (or some combination). They'll have 3 different cops, 1-2 of which could end up naive.

He/him

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: September 24, 2012, 01:58:43 pm »

I am currently seeking a replacement for Mafia XI: Find Yourself In The Courtyard Masquerade. Please PM me if interested.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: September 24, 2012, 01:59:40 pm »

I am currently seeking a replacement for Mafia XI: Find Yourself In The Courtyard Masquerade. Please PM me if interested.

I'll replace in.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: September 24, 2012, 02:05:31 pm »

I'll replace in.

Oh great, thanks![/sarcasm]

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: September 25, 2012, 01:46:36 pm »

Only three games ongoing, when are the sign ups for the next one coming up? Wafflemafia and Robzmafia are close to night-phase too, I think it would be good to start gathering people for the next one soon if not now, especially seeing how ZM3 failed to launch.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: September 25, 2012, 01:47:11 pm »

Only three games ongoing, when are the sign ups for the next one coming up? Wafflemafia and Robzmafia are close to night-phase too, I think it would be good to start gathering people for the next one soon if not now, especially seeing how ZM3 failed to launch.

When night phases start people will re-in for ZM3
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

theory

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #518 on: September 25, 2012, 08:38:52 pm »

If you are reading this Theory, i apologise for cluttering your lovely message board with crap.....Well, a little!

I have taken my advice and started ignoring this forum now :)  Though I kind of want to get in one day on a CE game.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: September 25, 2012, 08:43:11 pm »

I have taken my advice and started ignoring this forum now :)  Though I kind of want to get in one day on a CE game.

I knew lynching the forum administrator on Day 1 of the first mafia game ever was not a good diplomatic decision! But they didn't listen...

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: September 25, 2012, 08:55:43 pm »

When night phases start people will re-in for ZM3

I will, and it will be a mistake.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: September 26, 2012, 04:19:34 am »

I knew lynching the forum administrator on Day 1 of the first mafia game ever was not a good diplomatic decision! But they didn't listen...

Don't blame me, I was all for lynching TINAS! Still am!
(where's he gone by the way?)

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: September 26, 2012, 12:28:08 pm »

Uhoh.  As I was falling asleep yesterday, I kept thinking of ideas that sounded interesting for a Bastard Mafia game.  Now I'd probably need help balancing things, but I'm tentatively thinking about trying to mod a game.  If anyone was interested in co-modding, maybe we could have a jam-session sometime?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: September 26, 2012, 12:30:20 pm »

Uhoh.  As I was falling asleep yesterday, I kept thinking of ideas that sounded interesting for a Bastard Mafia game.  Now I'd probably need help balancing things, but I'm tentatively thinking about trying to mod a game.  If anyone was interested in co-modding, maybe we could have a jam-session sometime?

Bastard games, by nature, are not balanced. We haven't had a true Bastard game in awhile. I think Frisk's was the last? Maybe Ozle's - but that wasn't really Bastard Mafia (nor was Joth's).
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: September 26, 2012, 12:33:53 pm »

cool, if unbalanced is alright, I'm pretty sure I can deliver on that ;)

Whatev, sign me up.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 42  All

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 20 queries.