Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 42  All

Author Topic: Mafia Queue  (Read 101548 times)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Queue
« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2012, 01:45:45 pm »

If you want them to get a good feel for how mafia works, I need to be in it.

You just don't want me to catch up, AND have a more perfect record than you.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 13, 2012, 01:50:06 pm »

If you want them to get a good feel for how mafia works, I need to be in it.

Are you going to lead them all down the garden path of wrongheaded analysis if you're scum?  Like in M-II?  I learned so much that was wrong there, at your and Galz's hands.  ;)

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 13, 2012, 01:51:01 pm »

Seriously though, I do think having a couple of experienced people in the newbie game will be good.  I am just worried about them crowding out the new players.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 13, 2012, 02:02:14 pm »

Seriously though, I do think having a couple of experienced people in the newbie game will be good.  I am just worried about them crowding out the new players.

I agree. But you have to include me. I am a Forum Games tradition!! And I don't want Galzria to catch me :)
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Young Nick

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 13, 2012, 02:02:56 pm »

Include neither?

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 13, 2012, 02:03:29 pm »

Newbie games in mafiascum have 6 newbies, 2 players that have played at least two games so know the ropes, and 1 semi-expert to teach the ropes.  It seems to be a good combination.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 13, 2012, 02:19:17 pm »

Newbie games in mafiascum have 6 newbies, 2 players that have played at least two games so know the ropes, and 1 semi-expert to teach the ropes.  It seems to be a good combination.

So applying that rubric to the folks who've expressed interest so far, we have the following tiers:

New players (0 or 1 games)
1. Young Nick
2. manda2014
3. shark_bait
4. timchen
5. pingpongsam

Semi-experienced (2 or more games)
6. Eevee
7. Captain_Frisk
8. Galzria

Robz (Robz)
888. Robz

...which is 5-3-1, but looks close enough.  OK, Mafia-VII will consist of these 9 players.  Game will start after Mafia-IV ends.  Looking forward to it, all  :)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 13, 2012, 02:24:57 pm »

Robz is more useful to teach if he isn't busy deceiving. Thus Robz = obvtown. One clear, 5 to go (I'm town, obviously (trust me!)). EZmode.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 13, 2012, 02:33:46 pm »

Robz is more useful to teach if he isn't busy deceiving. Thus Robz = obvtown. One clear, 5 to go (I'm town, obviously (trust me!)). EZmode.
You're missing 2 people in your count.  Scumbuddies perhaps?
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 13, 2012, 02:34:41 pm »

Here is an idea I had:

Wish list mafia.

Everyone signs up, then PMs me the role and alignment they would like in the game. Then I figure out how to create a balanced setup that lets everyone get something like what they want (splitting the scum into multiple teams, giving people a weak version of the role they asked for, making someone else stronger to make up for it, etc.)

Then, not only does everyone (sort of) get to play the part of their choice, but you can analyze peoples' roles based on what you think they would ask for.

Do people think this would be fun, or a horrible disaster, or both?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 13, 2012, 02:35:33 pm »

You're missing 2 people in your count.  Scumbuddies perhaps?

Hey! You're not in the town! The new people were supposed to pick that up! Shoo!

Mafia Record:

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 13, 2012, 02:36:03 pm »

Here is an idea I had:

Wish list mafia.

Everyone signs up, then PMs me the role and alignment they would like in the game. Then I figure out how to create a balanced setup that lets everyone get something like what they want (splitting the scum into multiple teams, giving people a weak version of the role they asked for, making someone else stronger to make up for it, etc.)

Then, not only does everyone (sort of) get to play the part of their choice, but you can analyze peoples' roles based on what you think they would ask for.

Should be fun for us.  Sounds horrid for you.  It'd be interesting to see how people play up the meta game since we all know everyone else is playing a role they like.  Never lynch O.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 13, 2012, 02:37:15 pm »

It might have to be a quasi-bastard game.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 13, 2012, 02:38:01 pm »

Honestly, I don't have to mod it. If a more experienced mod wanted to steal the idea, I'd be fine with it, as long as they let me play.

He/him

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 13, 2012, 02:38:05 pm »

Here is an idea I had:

Wish list mafia.

I had already considered it. If I spent more time at a PC instead of on my mobile I would've hosted it. As is, I'm not sure I could mod a game well without regular PC access (When I'm home and not exhausted).

Would be interesting though.

Mafia Record:

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 13, 2012, 02:42:00 pm »

Here is an idea I had:

Wish list mafia.

Something that's quite less interesting, but still interesting, and a version I have played in real life, is to let the narrator assign all the roles instead of choosing them randomly. (I think all our non-bastard mafia games had random role assignments.) So you get to say, "Oh, Joe is the narrator, I bet he made his girlfriend a mafia," or whatever. I like this version becomes I get to be mafia a disproportionate number of times, as narrators like choosing me to be evil lying scum.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 13, 2012, 04:44:22 pm »

Here is an idea I had:

Wish list mafia.

Something that's quite less interesting, but still interesting, and a version I have played in real life, is to let the narrator assign all the roles instead of choosing them randomly. (I think all our non-bastard mafia games had random role assignments.) So you get to say, "Oh, Joe is the narrator, I bet he made his girlfriend a mafia," or whatever. I like this version becomes I get to be mafia a disproportionate number of times, as narrators like choosing me to be evil lying scum.

Eh, town MI/MIII with trollish methods, then scum MIV/MV. Not necessarily random now.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 13, 2012, 05:03:05 pm »

Here is an idea I had:

Wish list mafia.

Maybe better they send you a dominion card name and than you return the role and alignment.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 13, 2012, 05:11:45 pm »

Here is an idea I had:

Wish list mafia.

Maybe better they send you a dominion card name and than you return the role and alignment.

That would be cute.

He/him

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 13, 2012, 05:21:07 pm »

Here is an idea I had:

Wish list mafia.

That would be cute.

I want to be Colony!! Actually that's probably some sort of cultist.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 14, 2012, 12:56:33 pm »

Ill give a go at the next bastard mafia game odding if no one else has asked.

I am a proper bastard though...
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 14, 2012, 01:02:17 pm »

Now that M-IV is done, I will be starting M-VII shortly.  Thread and PMs will be out a little later today.

EDIT:  M-VII has started and is in the pre-game phase.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 02:04:04 pm by Voltgloss »

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 14, 2012, 05:57:17 pm »

I have a bastard Mafia ready to go, its not particularily bastardy but it should be called that because its also a murder mystery as well as a Mafia game!

(Amazing what you can find the time to do when you are sick in bed all day!)

Got room for 14 people.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 14, 2012, 06:04:36 pm »

I have a bastard Mafia ready to go, its not particularily bastardy but it should be called that because its also a murder mystery as well as a Mafia game!

(Amazing what you can find the time to do when you are sick in bed all day!)

Got room for 14 people.

If I sign up, would I have to write in character?  Because I'll tell you right now that I cannot do a British accent, or any accent for that matter.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 14, 2012, 06:05:52 pm »

Nope! No posting restrictions at all

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 42  All

Page created in 2.064 seconds with 19 queries.