Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Golem/Tunnel/Tactician -> 25 Golds  (Read 971 times)

ycz6

• Minion
  • Respect: +412
    • View Profile
Golem/Tunnel/Tactician -> 25 Golds
« on: July 02, 2012, 11:46:12 pm »
+1

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201207/02/game-20120702-204147-beb4e6e1.html

First time I've gone for something like this. Not much in the way of either engine or BM enablers, so I go for the cheese with a Single Tact + Golem machine to Tunnel my way to greatness. It peaks on turn 8 with 8 Golds, and despite an even Tunnel split I end up with five times as many Golds. And I even narrowly win the game!

Also, this deck is a good example of one where picking up free Border Villages is a really terrible idea.

thirtyseven

• Duke
  • Respect: +475
    • View Profile
Re: Golem/Tunnel/Tactician -> 25 Golds
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 06:27:25 pm »

Nice. I wonder why your opponent didn't Border Village into a Duchy on his last turn... it would have prolonged the game or even won it for him if you happened to not be keeping track of points...
I'm only a mid-level player, so I may be wrong...

philosophyguy

• Minion
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
Re: Golem/Tunnel/Tactician -> 25 Golds
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 08:58:11 pm »

I have to think that a Mint on one of your early Tac turns would have been useful to trash down your Coppers and Silvers. You want to either have Tunnels in hand when playing the Tactician or have Golds in hand when not, and both of those things are easier if you have fewer other Treasures clogging your deck. Even if the Golem can't flip your whole deck, you still get a benefit from Minting a Gold each turn.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.538 seconds with 20 queries.