Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: I wasn't afraid of danger... and lost !  (Read 1473 times)

ChocophileBenj

• Minion
  • Respect: +575
    • View Profile
I wasn't afraid of danger... and lost !
« on: July 02, 2012, 12:59:17 pm »

Lookout+Trading post game ; I was the only one interested by TP, theorically it seemed better than outpost to me, but look how out (oh yeah, what a pun) I has at turn 15 !
http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201207/02/game-20120702-095117-c562365d.html (turn 15)

Trashing a province with a lookout... because I drew 3 of my 4 provinces with it on my last turn, and HE, the 1st player, wons by six pts !
Okay, this was dangerous, but as I trashed silvers with my trading post, I was not afraid ! Even trasing a gold seemed safe to me... but no, three damn provinces ! And then, I bought the penultimate province, thinking he wouldnt take the last one. He did ! I lost by six !
Chocolate is like victory points in Dominion. Both taste good but they'll hurt you if you eat too much of it instead of something else in your early days.

brokoli

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +786
    • View Profile
Re: I wasn't afraid of danger... and lost !
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 01:18:44 pm »

Bad luck. Definitely.

jonts26

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jonts
  • Respect: +3671
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 01:24:34 pm »
+1

Bad luck to find all your provinces sure ... but why even play the lookout at all? You had absolutely nothing in your deck that you wanted to trash.

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 02:28:25 pm »

Sometimes you can play lookout to remove two cards from the top of your deck and leave the good card on top as a gamewinner. That wasn't the case here though. Stables and trading post is a dodgy combination and you eventually paid the price for it.

ChocophileBenj

• Minion
  • Respect: +575
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 02:39:17 pm »

This is what happens when you don't really count your number and coppers and silvers... I'm not proud anyway !
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 02:41:37 pm by ChocophileBenj »
Chocolate is like victory points in Dominion. Both taste good but they'll hurt you if you eat too much of it instead of something else in your early days.

jonts26

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jonts
  • Respect: +3671
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 02:41:05 pm »

Which brings up another point. You dont want to trash silver here at all. It's very helpful for getting provinces. I saw at least once you used trading post to turn 2 silvers into 1 silver. That's not a good move for this type of deck where all your money comes from treasures.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.704 seconds with 21 queries.