Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: A Transmute/Duchess Engine. You Heard It Here First.  (Read 1850 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3391
    • View Profile
A Transmute/Duchess Engine. You Heard It Here First.
« on: June 27, 2012, 10:29:28 pm »

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201206/27/game-20120627-192351-7c988d86.html

So, everything is going swimmingly for my opponent, who Sea Hags me a plenty, but not before I pick up two extra Curses by buying up Embargoed Scrying Pools. Uh oh for me, big time. I don't even know or think Scyring Pool is necessarily good here (although nothing else really is). Curses run, and so do Schemes. Oh, and he has a King's Court and is KCing his Scheme every time. So, I'm just about dead here.

Anyway, we were both kind of buying Duchess over Silver sometimes, because of Scyring Pool and our big decks. I think he is looking to 3 pile with them, since he has the lead. Long story short, I start Transmuting Duchess into Duchy, gaining Duchess, and using Scheme to put back Transmute and do it again. I have so many Schemes and Duchesses that I always have an action to burn anyway. Um, he doesn't notice Duchesses about to run, and stupidly gets a KC instead of a Province, so I steal the win. So yeah, not really very impressive on my end. But I've never used Transmute so effectively before!
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
Re: A Transmute/Duchess Engine. You Heard It Here First.
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 11:10:07 pm »

Long story short, I start Transmuting Duchess into Duchy, gaining Duchess, and using Scheme to put back Transmute and do it again.

That rocks!
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 11:11:54 pm »

Long story short, I start Transmuting Duchess into Duchy, gaining Duchess, and using Scheme to put back Transmute and do it again.

That rocks!

It did! And by the way, I love Duchess. It's a card of hidden wonders, I swear. Maybe I'll write an article about it. Love the little gal.

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 11:24:36 pm »
+6

That rocks!

It did! And by the way, I love Duchess. It's a card of hidden wonders, I swear. Maybe I'll write an article about it. Love the little gal.

Agree. Agree, I love her so much, and, listen, do you know what makes me furious? What makes me furious is this: It makes me furious when my opponents fail to take Duchess for free. IT'S FREE. Who the hell do you think you are?? It's like, I'm sorry, your heavily greened caravan/oasis deck couldn't handle a DUCHESS? Really? Wow, you must have a great deck! You really must be a great Dominion player. Thanks for stooping so low as to play someone at my level! I look forward to learning many lessons from you! Like the don't take duchess in your terrible deck even though it's FREE lesson! I'm ragequitting this post right now before I say something I regret.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 11:34:19 pm »
+3

That rocks!

Agree. Agree, I love her so much, and, listen, do you know what makes me furious? What makes me furious is this: It makes me furious when my opponents fail to take Duchess for free. IT'S FREE. Who the hell do you think you are?? It's like, I'm sorry, your heavily greened caravan/oasis deck couldn't handle a DUCHESS? Really? Wow, you must have a great deck! You really must be a great Dominion player. Thanks for stooping so low as to play someone at my level! I look forward to learning many lessons from you! Like the don't take duchess in your terrible deck even though it's FREE lesson! I'm ragequitting this post right now before I say something I regret.

I know! It's like they say, "What is this, a stupid Pearl Diver? No thanks." And I am dumbfounded. Your deck is junk. You are buying Duchies.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
  • Respect: +932
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 12:25:19 am »
+2

"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 21 queries.