Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35]  All

Author Topic: Bastard Mafia III - You'll get nothing and like it - Game OVER!  (Read 82391 times)

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Mafia III - You'll get nothing and like it - Game OVER!
« Reply #850 on: July 17, 2012, 04:16:33 pm »

I had the only truly Bastard role. I had an actual losecon, and it was EARLY.

Thats what you get for outing my set up :P

Also the roles werent supposed to be super bastardly the fact that everyone was jesters was the bastardness.

Also I really liked Axxles night 1 investigation...
You are a Jester Cop

You win if you are lynched and the following conditions are met.
1) You are lynched on an even day
2) The hammer vote has a time stamp of an even hour

You are also a cop, during the night phase you may send me the name of another player, you will get back one of three results, ANTI-AXXLE, PRO-AXXLE, or NO RESULT.

If you vote for yourself at any time you will be modkilled, if a day goes to time and you did not vote you will be modkilled. (You do not win by being modkilled)
I will investigate Insomniac.

(Please not anti-Axxle, please not anti-Axxle...)
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: July 17, 2012, 04:30:31 pm »

What was the result?

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: July 17, 2012, 04:33:29 pm »

What was the result?

NO RESULT (Did you really think I'd be investigatable? :P)

I got nothing and like it
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: July 17, 2012, 04:35:43 pm »

Didn't ftl get lynched twice in a row?  Doesn't that mean he won as well?

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: July 17, 2012, 04:36:27 pm »

read condition 2

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: July 17, 2012, 04:40:15 pm »

read condition 2

Oh.  That is terribly specific.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: July 17, 2012, 04:44:24 pm »

read condition 2

Oh.  That is terribly specific.

Most of the jesters were. The only sort of true Jester was Galz but he had to win in the first 2 days.

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: July 17, 2012, 05:05:01 pm »

Well, you cant say i didn't tell you all....
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: July 17, 2012, 05:39:55 pm »

Stump.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: July 17, 2012, 08:10:03 pm »

Where did my role come from?  ;D

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: July 17, 2012, 09:13:22 pm »

Where did my role come from?  ;D

M3 Where you used emoticons and short posts as mafia and got called out, I figured you should get others to post similarily, and I thought you were gonna get there day 1 tbh.

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: July 17, 2012, 09:24:51 pm »

Backstories! Behind the scenes!

Why phoenix jester for me?

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: July 17, 2012, 11:19:19 pm »

Better still

Captain_Frisk - Had a tendency when this game started that I had noticed to point out everyones vote counts, so he had to die to the loudest person on the day.

Galzria - Called out my setup as being all jesters, all vts, or all suicidal, so he got to be a suicidal jester.

Robz888 - His numbers are 8's didn't have much to go on since I wasn't playing and even if I was it probably wouldn't have been fair to involve a feud with me in his wincon ;)

eHalcyon - I started the timestamp of the vote mattering with Robz and I liked it so I played around with it a bit for others and gave odd day odd hour to ehal. In the pregame he asked for an ability since he didn't have one in BM2 so I gave him one, one that would loudly take him out with someone else.

Axxle - He was supposed to be a cop in M3, and because of that he made me a rolecop in BM1. So I made him the cop he was supposed to be here. Added Even, even

Ozle - In M1 he roleclaimed cop as mafia and got caught for doing so. So here I made him a vig that would loudly announce anytime he used his ability (there woulda been some like trip and fall flavour or somethinig). Gave him Odd day, even hour. Forgot the 'not day 1'

Eevee - In M3 Eeve used emoticons and short posts as mafia and got called out, I figured Eevee should get others to post similarily.

ftl - I didn't have a lot to go on here, so because bridge costs 4 I gave him the 4am/4pm stipulation, also as he's been in every mafia or its spectator thread at the time I gave him the resurrection ability. Although this probably would have suited Axxle just fine but he hadn't subbed into M4 or M6 yet.

O - I really toyed with not making O a jester, but I think O would have hated me forever if in a game of jesters he wasn't so I made him a jester. I decided since O has also voiced a taste for bus driver to make him one of those. I decided to start toying with night abilities affecting your win con I didn't want them all to be timestamps, so I made him a bus driver (another of O's favourite roles) with the condition that one of the bussee's must vote for him. This power ended up being one of the weaker ones as there weren't alot of night actions after night 1. Galz was always on O's bus when he did send in actions.

Voltgloss - At this point I wanted a way to reverse winning the game, and I saw the inventor role and thought it was suit Volt quite nicely, so I made him a tree stumper. The person he gave the gadget to had to kill him was a weaker version of O's bus target but he can indirectly resurrect players and thus unlynch jesters, which nobody did :(.

Morgrim7 - I gave him innocent child because well its the Morgrim7 defence! and I didn't want him winning off people going hes town get him! so I added that he couldn't be lynched on the day he claimed innocent child. I added even day odd hour because it still seemed too strong

Cayvie - Similar to a few others I was running low on ideas. I added the 6am/6pm but allowed lynch on any day as that was what I had stipulated for Robz and for ftl and it seemed fair. I added the ability to move votes, seemed like a cool power for a bastard mod game, too weak though so I added that the votes couldn't be moved and that they wouldn't know she had done it.

Theorel - I gave theorel what is easily the single strongest power in the game. The ability to shut down day powers including winning off being lynched as a jester. To compensate he had the weakest win condition (be lynched on a day that is a multiple of 0) he made a comment on math flavour so I called him sigma 0 and gave him the ability to nullify any other player for a day.

Of course Ozle/eHal/Theorel all dying day1/night 1 had some pretty cool abilities to speed up the game but dying early made it tough.

When I created Tree stumps I knew that they would win at the end of the game if they were alive and I hum'd and hawd about whether they should know who was in there team, ultimately I decided that they should and they should be vanilla townies. I didn't decide this until people started getting themselves modkilled and I added 2 stumps back in.

Ultimately I was hoping someone would aim a stumper at Ozle so that I could hide my mod error. And I thought it'd be a lot more fast paced and fun then it turned out to be.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: July 18, 2012, 05:28:09 am »

"Ozle - In M1 he roleclaimed cop as mafia and got caught for doing so. So here I made him a vig that would loudly announce anytime he used his ability (there woulda been some like trip and fall flavour or somethinig). Gave him Odd day, even hour. Forgot the 'not day 1'"

I counter claimed Cop in that one, and nearly got away with it!

And I was originally planning on just picking up a lot of votes so I could kill anybody with my vig shot, but then I realised that I could get myself lynched pretty easily, especially after someone else declared I wasnt a Jester!

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: July 18, 2012, 05:31:14 am »

Vote: Ozle

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: July 18, 2012, 07:29:58 am »

Too late!

Plus, thanks for the assistance in helping me to win and everyone to lose Galz, couldn't have done it without ya!

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: July 18, 2012, 08:33:13 am »

Too late!

Plus, thanks for the assistance in helping me to win and everyone to lose Galz, couldn't have done it without ya!

Honestly, as the only person here with an actual losecon (be lynched by N2 or lose) in a game full of Jesters, I had to come up with something wild enough to get people to go 'wtf' over.

It almost worked too! I was at L-1 like, six different times D2! But really, my Jester role wa terrible. I've learned my lesson. Don't have epic pregame reads on the mod. They do nasty things to you for it.

Mafia Record:

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: July 23, 2012, 05:06:33 pm »

Too late!

Honestly, as the only person here with an actual losecon (be lynched by N2 or lose) in a game full of Jesters, I had to come up with something wild enough to get people to go 'wtf' over.

It almost worked too! I was at L-1 like, six different times D2! But really, my Jester role wa terrible. I've learned my lesson. Don't have epic pregame reads on the mod. They do nasty things to you for it.

I thought I was being nice you were the only true jester that could win by being lynched at any time. Ozle for instance had to make sure he was hammered at the right time of day.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: July 23, 2012, 06:02:27 pm »

Sweet, I was about to post in the other thread that I lost all my mafia games! Then I realised I was the sole winner of this one! Booyah!

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35]  All

Page created in 1.833 seconds with 19 queries.