Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Militia, Watchtower  (Read 2051 times)

methods of rationality

• Bishop
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
Militia, Watchtower
« on: June 26, 2012, 06:02:20 pm »

Interesting game where I didn't buy militia due to the presence of watchtower. Was this the wrong move? What other mistakes did I make here?
http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201206/25/game-20120625-183712-3789bf0f.html

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +532
    • View Profile
Re: Militia, Watchtower
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 06:16:11 pm »

Ooo, I like the possibilities on this board for a Watchtower/Library draw engine using the sifters (Cellar, Warehouse, Inn) to look for your good treasures. You only need a couple Golds and a Silver/Militia to make it to $8 as there's no point in going for double Province.

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 06:25:08 pm »

The militia is strong against inns, cellars, and warehouses and also has handy +2 coins, very handy if you're using your inns to play your actions more often. The militia is weak against watchtowers and libraries but the opponent actually needs to draw an inn for +2 actions with the library/watchtower to get anything going in an action heavy deck. Warehouse then watchtower is only good in a deck with good treasures.

Your opponent also managed to skip silver entirely and have +coin actions and gold in his deck. This is excellent when playing with warehouses and inns.

Kahryl

• Explorer
  • Respect: +155
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 10:20:31 am »

I just played a game involving Militia, Watchtower, Fishing Village where my opponent hit me with militia 4-5 times and it helped me EVERY time.

I got lucky by having perfect Watchtower/+actions presence but yeah, think twice about Militia.

ycz6

• Minion
  • Respect: +412
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 06:06:10 pm »

This is kind of a weird game for Militia, since it either counters or goes badly with almost every other card in the set. I would say maybe grab one and see how your opponent responds.

jayarsea

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 07:19:58 am »

Without looking at the set, I think Militia is almost a must-buy in any set (without a curser) early in the game...knocking an opponent on T3/4 from 6 to 5 or 5 to 4 (or 5 to 3...) is crippling.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2012, 01:42:59 pm »

Without looking at the set, I think Militia is almost a must-buy in any set (without a curser) early in the game...knocking an opponent on T3/4 from 6 to 5 or 5 to 4 (or 5 to 3...) is crippling.

But when a draw-to-X card is on the board (as in this case), Militia can actually help the opponent.  They dump the crap and draw better cards to fill in.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.966 seconds with 20 queries.