Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: How many niches for village-types are left? Can you think of any new ones?  (Read 27916 times)

Fangz

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
Re: How many niches for village-types are left? Can you think of any new ones?
« Reply #75 on: November 28, 2011, 10:41:53 am »

I don't see why you need the card back - why would the player ever choose not to reveal the card? As worded, the player reveals when drawn, and if he forgets to do so, then that's his own fault.

Diving Pikachu

• Navigator
  • ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
Re: How many niches for village-types are left? Can you think of any new ones?
« Reply #76 on: November 28, 2011, 09:54:29 pm »

In the rules of Dominion, there's no dictated phase in drawing where you keep drawn cards separate from the rest of your hand before integrating both piles into one. Yet this card's reaction requires just such a phase, as that is the only time where it can be revealed. Although the idea is simple enough, it still has to be precisely and fully commanded by the text on the card, just as the deck-digging mechanisms of Farming Village and Golem have to be described as unambiguously as possible. I personally couldn't think of how to command such a significant change in how players draw cards that would fit on a single card. At the same time, I don't know if I'd want such a change to play that would slow down every turn by every player.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.