Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Why did I do that?: The Self Deprecating Thread  (Read 2194 times)

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
  • Respect: +1966
    • View Profile
Why did I do that?: The Self Deprecating Thread
« on: June 20, 2012, 02:52:20 pm »

I just saw a board without ironworks, haggler, workshop, or any other action card like that that's a gainer, on a board that I could very easily see playing multiple Saboteurs.  I decide to go for it!
I fail to notice hoard.
I fail miserably.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3413
    • View Profile
Re: Why did I do that?: The Self Deprecating Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 03:43:14 pm »
+1

A lot of times it's like: Why didn't I buy that Salvager earlier?

...in games when I always have $5+ from T3 on... :-\

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

dor

• Ambassador
  • Respect: +23
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 04:32:32 pm »

A lot of times it's like: Why didn't I buy that Salvager earlier?

...in games when I always have $5+ from T3 on... :-\
Happened to me way too many times, with Hamlet as well. Those cheap +Buys are tricky  :P

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 04:44:03 pm »
+5

ok, he's just going vault + big money, so, ok, my swindler hit an estate, man, herbalist is really no better for him than estate, cause he's just going to discard either of them to a vault. i'll just give him an herbalist, then maybe i win by a point. i'm so smart!

immediate realization: oh crap, duh, herbalist can help him match a gold with a vault. hope that doesn't happen.

the good news: it doesn't.
the bad news: turn 10
http://councilroom.com/game?game_id=game-20120513-112049-6b71d487.html

Markov Chain

• Bishop
  • Respect: +77
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 11:16:15 pm »

Two piles are out, and there is one Border Village left.  I play Border Village and two Torturers, and find myself with $6.  In order to deny my opponents another turn, I buy Border Village/Duchy to end the game.

But both opponents discarded four cards to the Torturers, and with one card in hand (and no Jack/Library/Watchtower), neither will be able to buy BV/Duchy for himself, so I should have just taken a Duchy, let the opponents buy an Estate, and tried for a Province or BV/Duchy on the next turn.  BV/Duchy would have been right if either opponent had taken a curse.

AJP82

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 01:53:44 pm »

At night I tend to get stupid-tired, but I think last night was the king (other than the time I mixed up Mint with Mine). Spent a game buying Wharf, King's Court, Hunting Party, after opening Masquerade and buying no treasure until I noticed 3 coppers were left. Suddenly realized halfway through the game about the massive anti-synergy the first three would have even without the lack of treasures.

Somehow, still won.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
  • Respect: +749
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 06:30:18 pm »

Heavy, HEAVY action kingdom. KC, Chapel, Scrying Pool I believe, all that jazz. Ooh, action chain. Now I have only actions (and Colonies and Provinces and Platinums) in deck...
And then I get hit by KC-Masquerade. Masq was on the board? Oops. Should I pass a Province, a Colony, or a Platinum?
Ouch.
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 20 queries.