Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: What card is worst for you?  (Read 17951 times)

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
  • Respect: +236
    • View Profile
Re: What card is worst for you?
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2012, 04:15:07 am »

Well, if we're putting our best cards on here too:

Win Rate Given Available

3) Silk Road                      1.46
2) Chancellor                    1.46
1) Tournament & all Prizes   1.48

What's interesting to me is that Chancellor is the card I gain the least (9.4%), and Tournament is the card I gain the most (95.1%)!
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3413
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2012, 05:09:31 am »

Well, I posted them only because I was surprised that cards I thought would be at the bottom were actually at the top and vice versa.

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

Piemaster

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +170
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2012, 08:35:04 am »

My win rate given availability is 1.06 and I buy it more often than you (0.36).
I'm not a very good player so maybe I buy it too often, but I think you simply underrate this card.

It's more than likely that I underrate it and I could completely understand the statistic if I was frequently getting beaten by players using it (as I am with Horn of Plenty and Outpost) but I honestly don't recall ever losing a game where my opponent bought Chancellor.  I mean I'm sure it has happened at some point just through law of averages, but certainly it's a freak occurance.

mnavratil

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +83
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2012, 09:21:21 am »

My worst 3:
Upgrade. This was a slight surprise, but I was pretty bad with this early on (not that I am great with it now).
Inn. No surprise there. I just can't get this to work well for me. Probably trying to fit it into an engine when it's just not a good enough source of actions.
Cutpurse. I don't know. I actually thought I was okay at figuring out when this was a good open. Maybe not.

Best 3:
Governor! I like this card and think I am pretty good with it.
IGG. I really like the nuances of the IGG rush.
Native Village. No idea. Best I can think of is from playing NV/Bridge well? I actually think I ignore this more than I should.

gman314

• Minion
  • Respect: +281
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2012, 11:19:25 am »

My worst 3:

Forge at 0.69. Probably because I don't know how to use it and so don't buy it. Then people smoke me by trashing tonnes of stuff for a Colony/Province.

Village at 0.70. I have no idea why I suck with this. For me the Villages are distributed throughout the list with Mining Village being my best.

Pirate Ship at 0.76. Probably because I buy it more than I should. Mostly when I went through a phase of liking it though.

My Best 3:

Fortune Teller at 1.50. This shot up yesterday because I used it effectively. I think that I really know when to buy this card and so am able to use it against my opponents. (Although, I don't buy it very often).

Governor at 1.46. I like this card and play it better than a lot of others at my level.

Third is a three-way tie between Merchant Ship, Smugglers and King's Court at 1.38. (Although, King's Court has a little less uncertainty than the other two). Merchant Ship I like to buy and take it more than others do which works to my advantage. Smugglers I think is up here because I don't fall for it as much as others do. I don't understand why King's Court is up here though. I have had poor experiences doing King's Court chains (Think KC apprentice and KC upgrade. :P). Although, I think players at my level buy it more often than they should in Province games.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 11:22:53 am by gman314 »

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
  • Respect: +1345
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2012, 11:32:46 am »

If the various villages are pretty evenly distributed, I bet that's probably just luck of the draw. There's a lot of villages which play similarly enough, and just by luck some of them would end up high and some would end up low. Especially since it's vanilla village...

gman314

• Minion
  • Respect: +281
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2012, 12:21:23 pm »

Yeah, the distribution's fairly even.

Rhombus

• Bishop
  • Respect: +16
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2012, 02:55:23 pm »

My worst card is cellar at .76.  I wonder why I have such a high number of cards below 1.  Perhaps because I have ~650 games?  I'm much better with some cards vs others?

Interestingly enough City is also down there, and I have methods of rationality in this round of Isodom, although I suspect this is because of my getting stomped with it once, then thinking it was the card to end all cards, then finally understanding.  I don't understand cellar though.

Although I don't understand why people dislike Tactician and Mining Village, they're my #2 and #3 best cards at 1.60 and 1.52 respectively.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2012, 04:28:58 pm »

My worst card, according to CouncilRoom, is Thief.  My best 5 are the Prizes, oddly enough.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
  • Respect: +749
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2012, 12:00:51 am »

Possession...  :(
With ya there. :(
My best is...

Margrave?
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
  • Respect: +356
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2012, 07:18:52 am »

Not accounting for Hinterlands cards, since I just got back to Iso this month after having stopped playing here some time before Hinterlands came out, my worst card is :
Salvager ? I have a horrible Win Rate with and an accordingly bad effect with, so I guess I'm overrating it a lot. I'll think about that next time I want to buy it...

My best card is Militia. I always liked the card and I think it's slightly underrated, but that's still somewhat surprising to me.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
  • Respect: +1966
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2012, 11:36:10 am »

I mentioned earlier my worst card is Jester, but my best card is...
Border Village!  Love me some 2-for-1 deals.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

lowlife...

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2012, 07:49:34 pm »

On win rate given available on Councilroom.com:

Worst 3:
Goons (0.12)
Royal Seal (0.24)
Great hall (0.27)

Best 3:
Stables (1.45)
Alchemist (1.39)
Minion (1.18)
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 1.789 seconds with 21 queries.