Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Doctor/Venture?  (Read 1616 times)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
Doctor/Venture?
« on: November 17, 2014, 01:39:45 pm »

Okay, someone put this into the Combos/Counters Navbox on the wiki, but didn't put an article to go with.  I'm wondering if this is actually a thing, or if I should just delete the entry.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3235
    • View Profile
Re: Doctor/Venture?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 02:07:03 pm »

Okay, someone put this into the Combos/Counters Navbox on the wiki, but didn't put an article to go with.  I'm wondering if this is actually a thing, or if I should just delete the entry.

ehh what? this sounds a lot like it's not a thing to me. why would it be a thing? why is doctor any better for this than chape? and chapel/venture isn't anything special.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 02:21:09 pm »

ehh what? this sounds a lot like it's not a thing to me. why would it be a thing? why is doctor any better for this than chape? and chapel/venture isn't anything special.
Perhaps because of the deck reordering + copper trashing when you play Doctor before Venture. Still not a real combo. There's more synergy with Navigator/Royal Seal.

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 02:44:46 pm »

There's a few things going for it. You get the top of deck ordering but you can also build up your treasures then overpay on big doctor. That might work well in a colony game. I guess there is a combo here but it's not one you'd particularly recommend people to play.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.577 seconds with 21 queries.