Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Offer: I'll make card images  (Read 3580 times)

pokeman7452

• Ambassador
  • Respect: +24
    • View Profile
Offer: I'll make card images
« on: June 17, 2012, 01:01:22 am »
+2

Due to popular demand, I am offering to make card images for those who are unable. Provide a link to the thread containing the card along with an illustration/photo (with credit, if possible.) If the card has enough community support, or if I like the card enough, I'll make an image for it when I have some free time. I make the cards from my own scans using Optimus Princeps and Times New Roman. You can see some examples in my other threads. I can't promise full sets without compensation, but if you have one or a few cards you have been wanting to play with, post away.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
Re: Offer: I'll make card images
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 01:44:30 am »

If you have a template file, it might be nice to upload that somewhere public.  Actually, I bet it already exists somewhere, for Photoshop at least.  Does GIMP take PSD files?

I would rather continue this conversation in the thread I made about this so this thread can be about the Royal Navy card. I did find 2 card templates online and I used one of them for my first card, but I had issues with them both at some point and decided I would be better off just using my own scans. They are higher resolution anyway. I have not made a template for myself, having a massive list of layers that I don't plan on using just wastes space and time. I make the details as I need them, or pull them from my other cards.

Hmm, that's curious. How many layers do the existing templates have?  I would have expected a grouped set of layers with different coloured backgrounds (normal/VP/Duration/Reaction/Treasure/Curse/hybrids), a blank layer for the main image, and two text layers for title and card text.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 02:04:57 am »

I would really love to have your template(s). Or even just the coin symbol. That's all I'm lacking, really.

pokeman7452

• Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 02:20:36 am »

@eHalcyon
The first template is named "card template version 1.xcf". It supports many different card types, but the base cards look like they were remade and not pulled from the official cards, the colors aren't very good. The better template is "dominionvorlage_english.psd" This template was well done, but GIMP could not import the text layers as text and instead sees them as image layers (making them useless.) This template only has the basic card types and does not have Victory-Reaction, so I had to use my own scan to make Royal Navy rev.2. The text area also looks more photoshopped than mine, and as I said before, my scans are over twice the resolution. I can send you the .xcf of one of my cards if you are so interested.

@LastFootnote
I have attached an .xcf containing cost 6 and 7 coin icons as those are the only two I have pulled. Let me know if you need another.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2012, 02:59:41 am »

Oh right -- Coin and VP symbols.  And the Potion symbol.  Anything else?

Schlippy

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +60
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2012, 07:00:26 am »

I have made a template that basically contains everything except Points/Reaction and complete green Point cards (simply because I didn't need those).
Actions/Attack, Victory/Action, Treasure/Reaction, Reaction, Duration, Treasure, Curse/Action.
The colors are not super perfect, but they're sufficient. It is the same template that I used for the Clockwork expansion.
As it is at a resolution of 668*1.024 it is about 10mb, so I can not upload it to the forums. I can give it around via PM though, so just write me one if you want it. (I can't afford to publicly link my server. ;))

Maybe it can be hosted on the dominionstrategy server and linked to in the Fan Card creation guide? :)
I'd even do and include Points and Points/Reaction.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 07:22:42 am by Schlippy »
I do upload some Dominion videos on youtube now. :)

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6125
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2012, 09:39:52 am »

pokeman7452

• Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2012, 01:38:01 am »
+1

To those for whom I have made card images for, I have just learned that some of my font sizes are much further off than I thought. I apologize and will work to correct them asap. The images will update themselves as I fix them.

lympi

• Salvager
  • You'll never catch me, Copper
  • Respect: +99
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2012, 11:22:14 am »

I also have a template I used for my fan cards that I can share if anyone wants it. It's a super thorough template, it even has stuff that isn't on any official cards (+1 Potion, whaaaa?). And if you act now, I'll even throw in Trajan (the Dominion font) (and the movie font) for free!

The only downside is it's in Acorn format, which is a Mac image editor, and I feel like I'm surrounded by Windows dudes on this board. (Which is totally fine. I love you guys.)

Anyway yes. The Template. Ask for it by name.
Then God said, Let there be a Village, and another Village, and another Village, and a Village, and I've got a silver and a copper. I'll buy a Village. -Ousgg on BGG
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 20 queries.