Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Gg etiquette  (Read 12810 times)

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
Re: Gg etiquette
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2012, 05:50:28 pm »
+8

But it's too long to type :p.

ctrl+c, ctrl+v
Just program a Chrome extension for that. ^^

Even better, we need a Chrome extension that makes it so that every time you type "gg", it checks to see if you won or lost; then automatically replaces your message with either "Thanks for the game, [username]! I enjoyed playing with you, and may you have better luck in your next game." or "Thanks for the game, [username]! Even though you bested me, I enjoyed our encounter and hope to have a chance to redeem myself against you in the future."
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2012, 06:07:50 pm »
+2

But it's too long to type :p.

ctrl+c, ctrl+v
Just program a Chrome extension for that. ^^

Even better, we need a Chrome extension that makes it so that every time you type "gg", it checks to see if you won or lost; then automatically replaces your message with either "Thanks for the game, [username]! I enjoyed playing with you, and may you have better luck in your next game." or "Thanks for the game, [username]! Even though you bested me, I enjoyed our encounter and hope to have a chance to redeem myself against you in the future."

Draw: Thanks for the game, [username]!  You are indeed a worthy opponent.  Though neither of us technically won, I can say with confidence that we are both winners.  I enjoyed this chance to test my mettle against yours and I look forward to many future opportunities to continue our nascent rivalry, which shall surely blossom unto epic proportions worthy of a blockbuster film franchise chronicling the sage of our intense head-to-head competition, each film of which will spawn a mediocre video game adaptation.  Cheers!

dondon151

• 2012 US Champion
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2012, 06:41:50 pm »

Technically both players win in a draw in Dominion.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2012, 06:43:11 pm »
+3

Technically both players win in a draw in Dominion.

You are technically correct -- the best kind of correct.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2012, 05:21:40 pm »

Yeah, I had never heard HH in a gaming context before...
I think Ozle was commenting on the number of times this topic has come up, and suggesting that all the awesome players had moved onto an acronym one high in letters, which would obviously be better.

Is that a commonly used acronym with that crowd? I've never seen it used in the States.
In the US, it's more common to see "88," H being the eighth letter of the alphabet.  In some states, vanity license plates with a prominent 88 can be rejected for being offensive.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
  • Respect: +3360
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2012, 06:58:27 pm »

I have also never heard HH in a gaming context (or any other before) I just went to the next letter up in the hope that someone would ask me what it meant so that I could reply "I don't know, I'm not one of the cool kids!"

I personally liked Axxles DD better!
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

Kahryl

• Explorer
  • Respect: +155
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2012, 11:05:34 pm »

The last player to play in a draw really should be the winner (assuming equal numbers of turns played)
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 1.63 seconds with 21 queries.