Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Unofficial Interested in beta list  (Read 33240 times)

jotheonah

• Jester
  • Respect: +952
    • View Profile
Re: Unofficial Interested in beta list
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2012, 05:11:25 pm »

yes
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

brokoli

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +786
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2012, 05:29:24 pm »

Interested :D

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
  • Respect: +236
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2012, 10:29:40 pm »

of course i'm interested!
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Jfrisch

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +166
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2012, 01:35:48 am »

definitely interested.

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2012, 09:12:31 am »

Interested for sure
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2983
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2012, 09:52:24 am »

i want to be in the beta too

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
  • Respect: +3360
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2012, 09:52:32 am »
+3

Has anyone ever seen an 'unofficial beta sign up thread' ever be used for anything ever?

In all my years of using the internet and playing games I have never ever seen a game producer go 'Oh well we were going to do beta this way, but lets just give all those guys who wrote in that thread invites as well'

Obviously it might be construed as a little bit different here as Donald XYZ reads, but then all the others I have seen get put on official forums anyways.

Not that I am saying I don't want in the Beta, of course I do, but just rarely see the point in these threads and have always wanted to question why people make them and sign up in them, and you lot seem reasonable and educated enough for me to ask....
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2012, 10:05:38 am »

I agree it's a longshot, but (1) Donald said something cryptic in another thread that made it seem like a possibility (2) better to do this here than in that thread and (3) how would you feel if you didn't post and this turned out to be the one time they did do the thing?

It's sort of like entering an Internet sweepstakes. You know, probabilistically, that it's stupid, but you still can't ignore the chance, when all you have to do is post in a thread.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4386
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2012, 10:07:49 am »

It's sort of like entering an Internet sweepstakes. You know, probabilistically, that it's stupid, but you still can't ignore the chance, when all you have to do is post in a thread.
You enter internet sweepstakes? :o You know those things are all scams, right? Where they at least take your personal information and sell it?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2012, 10:14:53 am »

Well, I don't enter ones that ask for personal information. I can spot obvious scams.  I'm talking about publicity stunts, just stupid things that are like "retweet or like our facebook page for a chance to win."

He/him

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 13, 2012, 10:24:06 am »

Well, I don't enter ones that ask for personal information. I can spot obvious scams.  I'm talking about publicity stunts, just stupid things that are like "retweet or like our facebook page for a chance to win."
Right, but twitter and facebook have at least some personal information, which once you do this retweet or like, they're ok to share with the people. This is the gist of the scams.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2012, 10:25:51 am »

I agree it's a longshot, but (1) Donald said something cryptic in another thread that made it seem like a possibility (2) better to do this here than in that thread and (3) how would you feel if you didn't post and this turned out to be the one time they did do the thing?

(1) I read from Donalds implication the other way, that pretty much anyone from FDS would be accepted.

(3 + Sweepstakes comment) So what you are saying is that you think there is a tiny tiny possibility that at some point RGG are going to come along and decide that only people who have posted in this thread from FDS get into the beta, and that anybody who hasn't already posted in it are no longer allowed in?
Because I reckon that has the same chance of being true as those internet chain letters that say someone will die if you dont send it on to 10 people....

Insomniac

• Jester
  • Respect: +392
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2012, 10:35:34 am »
+2

(1) I read from Donalds implication the other way, that pretty much anyone from FDS would be accepted.

(3 + Sweepstakes comment) So what you are saying is that you think there is a tiny tiny possibility that at some point RGG are going to come along and decide that only people who have posted in this thread from FDS get into the beta, and that anybody who hasn't already posted in it are no longer allowed in?
Because I reckon that has the same chance of being true as those internet chain letters that say someone will die if you dont send it on to 10 people....

While I agree this thread probably won't mean anything, I was actually a little disheartened with all the derails in the ZOMGZ thread, I like it when that thread holds actual information so I can go there to read real information, instead of seeing "interested in beta"
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2012, 10:38:45 am »
+1

While I agree this thread probably won't mean anything, I was actually a little disheartened with all the derails in the ZOMGZ thread, I like it when that thread holds actual information so I can go there to read real information, instead of seeing "interested in beta"

Haha, I like it!

So what you have done is create a thread knowing it will be full of useless information in order to leech the useful thread of rubbish information.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2012, 10:43:44 am »

Haha, I like it!

So what you have done is create a thread knowing it will be full of useless information in order to leech the useful thread of rubbish information.

Sort of, I while I think this thread is PROBABLY useless, it might not be it might be handy for the devs when they decide to send out keys, but I don't know. I definetly didn't want all the useless info in the other thread.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6125
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2012, 10:48:56 am »
+4

We will have an official signup for the beta imminently.  But this thread has been extremely helpful -- the FunSockets crew are gratified that all of you have expressed so much interest in participating.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2012, 11:00:00 am »

We will have an official signup for the beta imminently.  But this thread has been extremely helpful -- the FunSockets crew are gratified that all of you have expressed so much interest in participating.

Thanks theory!

Graystripe77

• Tactician
  • Respect: +94
    • View Profile
    • Dreamkeeperscomic.com
« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2012, 12:19:12 pm »

Add me to the list.

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +676
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2012, 12:46:11 pm »
+2

Now you're going to cause people to fill this thread with people saying they're interested in being on YOUR sign up list. Am I going to have to make an unofficial official sign up list to keep people talking about your list out of this thread?

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2012, 12:48:17 pm »

Now you're going to cause people to fill this thread with people saying they're interested in being on YOUR sign up list. Am I going to have to make an unofficial official sign up list to keep people talking about your list out of this thread?

INCEPTION

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2012, 04:58:53 pm »
+2

INCEPTION

Do we really need to go deeper?

I think we need to make a poll on whether it's rude to create a separate unofficial thread to keep track of people who want to be on theory's list.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +676
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2012, 05:03:27 pm »

INCEPTION

I think we need to make a poll on whether it's rude to create a separate unofficial thread to keep track of people who want to be on theory's list.

Okay but can you do it in a quicktopic so it doesn't show up on my RSS feed*?

*I don't actually use a RSS feed.

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2012, 05:08:51 pm »
+4

INCEPTION

Who to avoid in the decline of civility in the OMG I did a masq pin with a bridge mega-turn in the Mafia in the memes for the thread about the list in a list for OMG ISOTROPIC is going DOWN for an official version of online dominion?

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6125
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2012, 05:16:50 pm »
+3

INCEPTION

Who to avoid in the decline of civility in the OMG I did a masq pin with a bridge mega-turn in the Mafia in the memes for the thread about the list in a list for OMG ISOTROPIC is going DOWN for an official version of online dominion?

I don't understand.  I'm gonna need you to rephrase that in a way that references blue dogs.

mrdirt73

• Chancellor
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 13, 2012, 05:34:01 pm »

Add me to the list that ends up being important.

Does this stay in this thread, or get moved to the upcoming thread for Theory's list?  Or is it in both?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 05:41:37 pm by mrdirt73 »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 2.205 seconds with 21 queries.