Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 139  All

Author Topic: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (GAME OVER - MAFIA WINS!)  (Read 335018 times)

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (DAY 2 UNDERWAY)
« Reply #2250 on: June 25, 2012, 02:10:36 pm »

Night 2 commands are due 48 hours from Night 2 start.  So, by 10:40 a.m. EDT Wednesday morning.

I will not be at a computer Wednesday except for early morning and then late afternoon/early evening.  If I have all night commands by Wednesday around 6 a.m. EDT, I will start Day 3 then.  If not, Day 3 start will be Wednesday early evening (probably between 4:30 and 6:30 p.m. EDT).

Saw your request, O, but am concerned about someone having both discussion QT and mafia QT.  PM me if you want to discuss further.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 09:20:34 am by Voltgloss »

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (DAY 2 UNDERWAY)
« Reply #2251 on: June 25, 2012, 11:51:03 pm »

Final vote count, and flavor text

Vote Count 2-25

Grujah (1): popsofctown
O (7): Tables, Robz888, Glooble, Galzria, Axxle, Grujah, SwitchedFromStarcraft
Galzria (2): jotheonah, Dsell
popsofctown (2): O, Captain_Frisk

Twelve dispirited Estate dwellers sat around the Throne Room table.  The day's Feast sat before them, but it was largely untouched.

"This Feast lacks flavor.  No flavor at all so far." muttered Galzria.  The others nodded.

"And this is the longest day I've ever seen." added Tables.  The others nodded again.

And the floor collapsed.

When the twelve of them picked themselves up amidst the rubble and debris, they found themselves in an underground Mine.  Apparently the secret of the Lord's wealth was sitting right under his Throne Room.  Veins of Gold and Silver sparkled amongst the walls.

But Treasure wasn't on the twelve minds.  "With these tunnels, maybe we can find a way out!"  Spoken first by Grujah; quickly agreed upon by the others.

"But wait, we need to eat first.  Gotta keep up our strength!"  This from jotheonah.  Appetites restored, the twelve hauled themselves out of the Mine pit and charged, dusty but invigorated, to the Estate kitchens.

The chef quailed before them.  "Your esteemed... eminences, I am dreadfully sorry but the Mafia must have made off with all my spices!  There is no flavor here to add taste to your Feast!"

This gave the twelve pause.  But only for a few minutes.

"If the Mafia have all our flavor..." mused Tables...

"...then the answer is obvious." smiled Robz888.

And then Glooble, Galzria, and Axxle suddenly grabbed O and shoved him into an oven.  Grujah slammed the door shut and SwitchedFromStarcraft set the temperature gauge to "extra crispy."

After the screaming died down, they opened the oven.  A Feast of linguini carbonara spilled out.

They smiled at each other.  This time, they chose right.  O was lynched, and was a Mafia Goon.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 09:24:41 am by Voltgloss »

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (DAY 3 START!)
« Reply #2252 on: June 27, 2012, 04:39:50 pm »

Nine Estate dwellers, rested and ready to tackle the day, convened in the Throne Room to start exploring the Mine in earnest.

Two people were already there.

One was a pair of legs sticking out from under a collapsed cave wall down in the Mine.  Examination of the scene showed that the cave-in was not natural - the remains of a Gold vein lay by primarily Copper rubble, when everyone knows a proper Mine leads from Copper to Silver before reaching Gold.  Taking off the unfortunate's boot produced a hidden room key.  Which led to Galzria's room, and evidence therein confirmed his being a Town Vanilla.

The other had been trussed up nicely on the Throne Room table in the manner of a suckling pig.  Except instead of an apple, an axe had been wedged in the deceased's face.  Extracting it, Grujah's name could be seen amongst the blood.  Apparently this Town Woodcutter had been taken by surprise and, in the end, finished off with his own weapon.

Nine remained, staring at the Mine, the corpses, and then each other. 

Day 3 Start

Galzria, Town Vanilla, has been killed.
Grujah, Town Woodcutter, has been killed.

Not voting: Dsell, Robz888, Captain_Frisk, Glooble, popsofctown, Tables, jotheonah, SwitchedFromStarcraft, Axxle

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

Lynch deadline: Tuesday, July 11, 4:59 p.m. EDT

THIS THREAD IS NOW UNLOCKED.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 05:07:26 pm by Voltgloss »

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (NIGHT 2 UNDERWAY)
« Reply #2253 on: June 27, 2012, 04:44:52 pm »

So I guess I convinced someone Galzria was mafia.  Which it turns out was wrong.

Do you guys think Grujah ever used his shot? We've had two kills both nights, which suggests either a second vig or an SK.  But if Grujah ever used his shot we'd have had 3 kills, unless we also had a successful Doc/JK.  I guess we shouldn't role fish.

If Grujah DID use his shot, it's very possible he used it on Galz. It's likely to me that either way Gruj was the mafia kill and Galz was the sk/vig kill.

But they BOTH had a lot of suspicion on them, neither of them makes much sense to me as a scum kill.

Also, good job on lynching O everybody.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: June 27, 2012, 04:46:19 pm »

My immediate thoughts are that Grujah makes sense for the mafia to kill, because O being scum largely clears him.

Galzria is a baffling kill, unless he was killed by the Vigilante; that we have a Vigilante is something I have suspected since theorel was killed. Of course, we could have a SK masquerading as a Vigilante. But Galzria was absolutely going to be my top suspect today, so it was a good choice.

I must of course toot my own horn about my theory yesterday, which was at least partially right about getting O. And probably we can get some other people now. I will have top suspects of the day very soon.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: June 27, 2012, 04:46:58 pm »

What shot??? What on earth are you talking about?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: June 27, 2012, 04:47:41 pm »

And second Vig? Why 2 Vigs? Am I in the wrong discussion thread???

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: June 27, 2012, 04:48:34 pm »

Woodcutter == vig (I think)
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: June 27, 2012, 04:48:46 pm »

Agreed that Galz's being NK'd is somewhat of a blessing, since with you and I both going after him, today would likely have been a clusterf*** with him alive. 

Am I right that, given yesterday's events and tonight's flips, the FoS should land now on pops? (And also, alas, on me. I'm aware I don't look great right now.)

@Robz: Woodcutter = one-shot vigilante
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: June 27, 2012, 04:49:25 pm »

Woodcutter == vig (I think)

Woodcutter == 1 shot vig (confirmed from page 1)
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: June 27, 2012, 04:50:11 pm »

Oops, got it!!!

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: June 27, 2012, 04:53:53 pm »

Here is a post I was looking for. Note that O made this post before anybody (other than me) had turned on him to lynch:

O, this is a question to you: which of Galzria, Frisk, Jo, or Glooble, do you think is mafia?

Scummy<----Glooble----Pops-Frisk----------Galzria----------------------------Jo---->Not Scummy

I don't like how you removed Pops from the question directed at me.
Not sure about what Glooble's unvote means on this chart.

If any of these people were fellow scum with O (and I suspect some are), where do you think he would have placed them? Probably not "most scummy" where Glooble is. Also, Pops is totally acquitted, right? Cuz O went after him the hardest.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: June 27, 2012, 04:55:11 pm »

I might as well say it: Frisk and Jo look fairly suspicious to me at this point.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: June 27, 2012, 04:55:43 pm »

A problem with O is there is no easy way to search all his posts....

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: June 27, 2012, 04:57:05 pm »

YES this is the first time we managed to lynch mafia before D3 and without a role's help, right?? We are an awesome town. :D

So I was just totally wrong about Galz and need to go back and reconsider what he said. Also, obviously, O being mafia  should give us a ton of info. Now I'm sorry I missed that bandwagon and was against lynching him. Ugh.

Grujah was Woodcutter...so this says to me that we probably don't have a full vig, which would mean we DO have a SK. Or a couple of woodcutters who've used their kills. I suppose there's no way to know whether he used his power? It doesn't look likely.

Galzria...he would have been really helpful going forward. Similar to Robz in MIII, I'm actually somewhat helpful that he's not here, he would have been my first pick for a D3 lynch.

Pre-post edit: ^^this is no longer especially new info. Oh well.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2265 on: June 27, 2012, 04:58:09 pm »

Okay, I am reading every single one of O's posts right now Will report back soon.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: June 27, 2012, 04:58:47 pm »

A problem with O is there is no easy way to search all his posts....

Ctrlf "username: O".  It grabs the isotropic username part of someone's info.

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2267 on: June 27, 2012, 05:00:04 pm »

Well, this means we have at least two people outside the mafia with night killing capabilities. That's quite a lot - I suspect it might be there were two Woodcutters as opposed to anything else. Of course, speculation gets us nowhere.

One observation I'd make is that, in terms of roles revealed thus far, we've not seen (m)any real power roles. Lots of townies, some one shot roles (revealed or claimed), a village idiot, and a generic goon. It's quite possible that most of the town are weak roles, and thus the mafia will likely be quite small, possibly just two people and a SK.

Other than that, I need to update my sheet with the night kills and try and work out what this all means. Will be updating soon.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: June 27, 2012, 05:01:25 pm »

Also, Pops is totally acquitted, right? Cuz O went after him the hardest.

Pops is looking pretty town to me too now. No way O would throw his partner under the bus that hardcore. And they were "frenemigos" earlier in the game too.

I gotta admit that on that continuum, Frisk is in a spot that looks like a potential scumbuddy. But I have to go back and reread before I can give a proper FOS.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2269 on: June 27, 2012, 05:03:18 pm »

In honor of Galzria's memory, we should sheep his reads today.  But not his read of me, I am confident he would have changed that if he knew I was town.

In sheeping, we bring woolly honor to our ancestors.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: June 27, 2012, 05:04:37 pm »

what's scummy about Frisk's position on the chart is that Frisk was in no danger of being lynched so it doesn't cost him anything to say Frisk is scummy and try to get points if he turns up vigged.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: June 27, 2012, 05:05:04 pm »

And Grujah's too. There's plenty of info to analyze. (I will be all over it much later tonight. I have work and meetings and things like that).

He/him

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #2272 on: June 27, 2012, 05:05:40 pm »

In honor of Galzria's memory, we should sheep his reads today.  But not his read of me, I am confident he would have changed that if he knew I was town.

In sheeping, we bring woolly honor to our ancestors.

+1 for "woolly honor," not sheeping his reads. Obviously a ton more stock can be put into his reads, but I don't think we should necessarily vote for them just because he was suspicious.

Also, Galz, +1 for that SK gambit...that was really ballzy as town.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: June 27, 2012, 05:07:24 pm »

And Grujah's too. There's plenty of info to analyze. (I will be all over it much later tonight. I have work and meetings and things like that).

I am less convinced of Grujah's prowess.  Though perhaps since Grujah read me better I should be more convinced instead.

preview edit: I hope by "ballzy" you mean "dumb way to get yourself vigged as town".

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: June 27, 2012, 05:07:34 pm »

what's scummy about Frisk's position on the chart is that Frisk was in no danger of being lynched so it doesn't cost him anything to say Frisk is scummy and try to get points if he turns up vigged.

Exactly. And as I read back through, O does lots of putting Frisk at the top of his suspicions, and a lot of quarreling with him... but not substantive quarreling. More like bickering. With you, it was bickering but he did actually vote for you and campaign for you. Frisk does occupy a much scummier spot.

O also defended Jo big time, all the time. This has to be weighed, because Jo was close-ish to lynch a couple times. If Jo was not mafia, would O care to defend him? The answer might be yes, but still.
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 139  All

Page created in 1.581 seconds with 20 queries.