Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 139  All

Author Topic: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (GAME OVER - MAFIA WINS!)  (Read 334950 times)

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (DAY 2 UNDERWAY)
« Reply #1925 on: June 22, 2012, 02:10:51 pm »

There are I counted, all of zero posts where I found him make useful, new analysis.

Bullcrap. I made the point that survivalist tell isn't scumtell.

What analysis have you made?

Also I've been in Hawaii for a week. Still posted a bunch but I really hate Ipads and won't post anything long on them.

Vote:Tables for lurking, then redirection for bad reasons.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: June 22, 2012, 05:25:37 pm »

There are I counted, all of zero posts where I found him make useful, new analysis.

Bullcrap. I made the point that survivalist tell isn't scumtell.

What analysis have you made?

Also I've been in Hawaii for a week. Still posted a bunch but I really hate Ipads and won't post anything long on them.

Vote:Tables for lurking, then redirection for bad reasons.

I quoted the immediately preceding post (unless I get ninja'ed).
I demand stickers.

O's inability to remember that Tables is investigated town is scummy, Hawaii or not.  For a scum it blends in with all the other person known to be town, for townies paying any attention at all it should be a flashing green light in your memory that this is the one player in the game whose alignment we know with a high degree of certainty.

Vote: O

It's a pretty ugly omgus too.

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: June 22, 2012, 05:31:45 pm »

Do I even need to explain how terrible that post is?

Unvote, Vote: O for OMGUSing, making fake accusations and redirection for terrible reasons.

What analysis have I made? I made a post last page about how O's been lurking, about Joth's wagon, on Joth's behavior and on the Pops/Galz debate. And that's just from page 70 onwards.

I don't post often because I'm not online often, but when I post my posts have substance. That's something you've been lacking right from day 1.

And as I typed this Pops has jumped in. Which is interesting. I was going to unvote and vote back to Joth but... no, actually, I still think that's better. There's been so little discussion about O that if he flips town, we get nothing, while we get something from Joth, and regardless I think Joth is more likely scum.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: June 22, 2012, 05:32:11 pm »

*Er, Unvote, Vote: Joth.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: June 22, 2012, 05:33:54 pm »

Vote Count 2-19

jotheonah (4): Dsell, Robz888, SwitchedFromStarcraft, Tables
popsofctown (1): Glooble
Glooble (1): Galzria
Axxle (1): jotheonah
O (2): Grujah, popsofctown
Tables (1): O

Not voting {2}: Captain_Frisk, Axxle

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch

Lynch Deadline:  Monday, June 25, 9:59 a.m. EDT

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: June 22, 2012, 05:35:08 pm »

... What just happened?
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: June 22, 2012, 05:37:13 pm »

Why does no one listen to me.  That was a scumslip.  And why in this thread so arrogant and stuck up that they think they can read joth better than his TWIN BROTHER can. Like, I'm totally arrogant, stuck up, egotistical and full of myself but I'm STILL not enough of a winbag to play as if I can interpret joth's interpersonal communication as well as the guy with MATCHING GENETIC CODE AND CHILDHOOD can.
Like, seriously, seriously?, seriously. 

Yes, Glooble's read doesn't set joth's odds of being scum to zero.  But it should stupidly obviously be an expert opinion.  A professional poker player is reading over your shoulder telling you to fold and you're going all in.  Yeah, technically you could be right and he could be wrong, maybe you get lucky and draw a flush.  But you know that putting your money on your own abilities and not his makes you a curse word I don't want to put on f.ds.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: June 22, 2012, 05:38:18 pm »

It rhymes with molasses.  Kinda.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: June 22, 2012, 05:39:35 pm »

Explain yo'self O. IIRC you're in the SFS is obvtown camp. SFS claims to have investigated and cleared Tables. You just accused and voted Tables (I'm assuming that means you think he's mafia).

So do you (A) no longer believe SFS is town, (B) believe SFS is town but Tables somehow investigated falsely, or (C) believe Tables is town but voted him anyway?

"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: June 22, 2012, 05:39:58 pm »

Why does no one listen to me.  That was a scumslip.  And why in this thread so arrogant and stuck up that they think they can read joth better than his TWIN BROTHER can. Like, I'm totally arrogant, stuck up, egotistical and full of myself but I'm STILL not enough of a winbag to play as if I can interpret joth's interpersonal communication as well as the guy with MATCHING GENETIC CODE AND CHILDHOOD can.
Like, seriously, seriously?, seriously. 

Yes, Glooble's read doesn't set joth's odds of being scum to zero.  But it should stupidly obviously be an expert opinion.  A professional poker player is reading over your shoulder telling you to fold and you're going all in.  Yeah, technically you could be right and he could be wrong, maybe you get lucky and draw a flush.  But you know that putting your money on your own abilities and not his makes you a curse word I don't want to put on f.ds.
This is why I said that Glooble and Joth are on the same team.  The read can be wrong if they're both scum.  I'm leaning toward them both being town atm.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1935 on: June 22, 2012, 05:41:43 pm »

pops, I am certainly listening. I want to give O a chance to defend that weirdness.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: June 22, 2012, 05:44:32 pm »

Do I even need to explain how terrible that post is?

Unvote, Vote: O for OMGUSing, making fake accusations and redirection for terrible reasons.

What analysis have I made? I made a post last page about how O's been lurking, about Joth's wagon, on Joth's behavior and on the Pops/Galz debate. And that's just from page 70 onwards.

I don't post often because I'm not online often, but when I post my posts have substance. That's something you've been lacking right from day 1.

And as I typed this Pops has jumped in. Which is interesting. I was going to unvote and vote back to Joth but... no, actually, I still think that's better. There's been so little discussion about O that if he flips town, we get nothing, while we get something from Joth, and regardless I think Joth is more likely scum.
*Er, Unvote, Vote: Joth.
I don't understand what you're talking about Tables, it looks like you're responding to O, and you say you were unvoting O even though you weren't even voting O? What?

And O's retaliation against Tables is scummy too...

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: June 22, 2012, 05:47:47 pm »

I think you both succeeded in exploding my brain.  good work.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: June 22, 2012, 05:50:49 pm »

What was up with tables double votes? I don't really understand.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: June 22, 2012, 05:52:27 pm »

Spin it out for us pops. O is (hypothetically) mafia. What does that tell us about everyone else? What other evidence is there besides this one slip? (I'm asking you because you just threw down a vote).

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: June 22, 2012, 05:53:03 pm »

What was up with tables double votes? I don't really understand.

He wanted to vote for O without really voting for me because he still thinks I'm scummier and my wagon is more informative.

He/him

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: June 22, 2012, 06:01:35 pm »

He wanted to vote for O without really voting for me....
wat.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: June 22, 2012, 06:03:56 pm »

I forgot about the investigation. Its a fuck-up, but a town fuck-up.

And no Pops, it's not "Hawaii or not". It's not even Hawaii's fault; I believe the day started before I left? I just forgot and Tables has lurked so much that it wasn't really in my mindset.

Unvote for obvious reasons, Revote: Glooble

Table's argument is still crap. I was "lurking" because I was in Hawaii. I stated this to the group, and I made analysis, which tables claimed I didn't, because I argued that a survivalist tell is not a scumtell. So not it was not OMGUS, Eevee D1 MIII was OMGUS. This was just a response to a clearly crap-argument bandwagon lifted by Grujah and Tables.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: June 22, 2012, 06:04:34 pm »

He wanted to vote for O without really voting for me....
wat.

I'm guessing autocorrect some misspelling of while changed into without
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: June 22, 2012, 06:06:45 pm »

@Pops, nobody listens to you because you're just as insane and "unhelpful" as I am but without the benefit of adding humor or discussion to the thread.

I admit I fucked up, it was a town fuck-up. If I was scum I would sure as hell pay more attention to my posts then I did right there.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: June 22, 2012, 06:18:44 pm »

I can see town making that mistake, but I see scum making that mistake more often than town.  Lashing out doesn't do much good.  I've seen scum lynched for slips like that, and (fewer) town lynched for similar slips.  They happen, and they're decent material to work with.  Scum tend to know "what's going on" less in general, and it can be a helpful rule of thumb (that's largely empirical, I can't very strongly explain why).

I've made a post saying O is scummy before, I expressed that I did not like how he did not take a side day 1 amongst the leading wagons and instead just camped out a vote on me.  And then Day 2 he criticized the mislynch, as if his lack of participation in actually stringing people up was deliberate.  He also just has been largely useless, like table says.  He posts forgettably, he doesn't make a lot of posts that have me remembering "oh that guy is looking for scum".  The best thing I ever think about his posts is "this guy has a funky anti-town playstyle and I don't think I'll be able to do much to read him", which is an information vacuum that this slip expands to fill.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: June 22, 2012, 06:19:48 pm »

Couple things.

O made a mistake. Well, that's something. It's not nothing, and we shouldn't ignore it. But his explanation--it was just a townie mistake, he's been on vacation, that SFS-Tables thing was like 40 pages ago during the longest round ever--is okay-ish by me.

Pops, I don't trust Glooble's read of Jo better than I trust my own. If Glooble was an experienced Forum mafia player to the degree his brother his, I would agree with you. If they were on an equal experience playing field, and I trusted Glooble, I would agree with whatever he thought about Jo. Since this is Glooble's first game, I find it perfectly reasonable Jo could fool him. Maybe not in person, but online? Sure.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: June 22, 2012, 06:21:16 pm »

It's true scum use the preview button and post more meticulously, but in this specific instance you're missing the little scorecard in the back of your head saying Tables is highprobtown.

I've read tons of Tables posts today that looked like they seem scummy as mess, but since he is actually an outlier in the extra information I have on him as a townie, I always remembered not to bother with it. 

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: June 22, 2012, 06:29:55 pm »

I can see town making that mistake, but I see scum making that mistake more often than town.  Lashing out doesn't do much good.  I've seen scum lynched for slips like that, and (fewer) town lynched for similar slips.  They happen, and they're decent material to work with.  Scum tend to know "what's going on" less in general, and it can be a helpful rule of thumb (that's largely empirical, I can't very strongly explain why).

I've made a post saying O is scummy before, I expressed that I did not like how he did not take a side day 1 amongst the leading wagons and instead just camped out a vote on me.  And then Day 2 he criticized the mislynch, as if his lack of participation in actually stringing people up was deliberate.  He also just has been largely useless, like table says.  He posts forgettably, he doesn't make a lot of posts that have me remembering "oh that guy is looking for scum".  The best thing I ever think about his posts is "this guy has a funky anti-town playstyle and I don't think I'll be able to do much to read him", which is an information vacuum that this slip expands to fill.

I just find it hard to believe that this analysis is what you truly believe; primarily because your play style is so similar to mine, except without the humor.

@ your other accusations.
I parked my vote on you because I liked the idea of lynching you and because I knew I had no control over the D1 lynch anyways. Its my selfish playstyle, and this argument works whether I'm scum or town I know, but I like not being a major factor of the D1 bandwagon because I inherently get more information when I'm not in the wagon then when I am. Mafia I with Theory vs. TINAS was different; I was damn sure TINAS was townie (though I do not claim to know that he was a power role).

I don't remember "criticizing" the misslynch and don't really want to look back 100 pages, if you could bring me that quote I would love to refute that aswell.

And you just admitted you found Tables scummy postwise. I'm not as pro as you are or I'm just too damn lazy, and I just didn't remember.

Final argument before I get myself lynched because survivalist tell is scumtell... I was in Hawaii. I was in MIII (which took a LOT more of my attention as we were in lylo and had much more information), obviously am in MIV, and now MV. I was thinking about posting the sign-ups for MVI. Its not unreasonable that I forget things in one of the mafia games. (Part of the reason I'm hosting MVI is so I don't play in it...  ::))

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: June 22, 2012, 06:30:32 pm »

Couple things.

O made a mistake. Well, that's something. It's not nothing, and we shouldn't ignore it. But his explanation--it was just a townie mistake, he's been on vacation, that SFS-Tables thing was like 40 pages ago during the longest round ever--is okay-ish by me.

Pops, I don't trust Glooble's read of Jo better than I trust my own. If Glooble was an experienced Forum mafia player to the degree his brother his, I would agree with you. If they were on an equal experience playing field, and I trusted Glooble, I would agree with whatever he thought about Jo. Since this is Glooble's first game, I find it perfectly reasonable Jo could fool him. Maybe not in person, but online? Sure.

Glooble defined a high amount of certainty on his read himself.  He said he was overall highly certain of his read.  As an example, this is much like when I played Dominion with my cousin Stephen last night.  It was his third game.  Yes he was bad at Dominion.  But he knows that.  And if you take the accuracy he assigns to his own valuation into account, you overall get a reasonable assessment of Dominion cards.  He expressed high certainty that Cache was bad.  He expressed low certainty that Nomad's Camp was a good card.  He expressed pretty high certainty that Gold was a strong card.  He expressed low certainty that Fool's Gold was a weak/average card.  If you take into account how sure he is, it doesn't matter that he is unskilled at the item in question, he knows his own limits.  Glooble knows his own limits too.  To say he doesn't know his own limits is to treat him like a 6 year old that is highly confident he can drive a car.  It's still arrogant and illogical, and largely rooted in self-directed biases.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 139  All

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 20 queries.