Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 139  All

Author Topic: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (GAME OVER - MAFIA WINS!)  (Read 335219 times)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (DAY 2 UNDERWAY)
« Reply #1775 on: June 20, 2012, 05:04:21 pm »

Vote Count 2-13

Galzria (1): popsofctown
O (1): SwitchedFromStarcraft
jotheonah (4): Dsell, Tables, Robz888, Axxle
popsofctown (3): Galzria, jotheonah, Glooble
Glooble (1): O

Not voting {2}: Grujah, Captain_Frisk

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch

Lynch Deadline:  Monday, June 25, 9:59 a.m. EDT

So it looks like we stalled again.

I'm looking at the above and I'm struggling.  Galz's pops argument I found convincing - but I look at the rest of the wagon (the scumtwins) and I get nervous.  The J wagon has less suspicious characters (pops' scumcusations of Axxle2 not withstanding)

Those on the J bandwagon - If we lynch J - and he turns up town - what have we learned? Where do we go next?

Those on the popswagon - I assume if he flips town we lynch Galz?

If he flips town, we look back at this monstrous thread and we sheep pops's reads somewhat. Those reads highly don't include Galz, so I'm not sure. Cause I'm still really sure one of them is scum. Dang.

Yeah, probably lynch Galz. How many mislynches are we from LyLo? Can we afford to be wrong if they're both town? The nightkills should be somewhat instructive at this point. Also, who the heck is the SK?

I have an increasingly strong scumread on pops, and I think that more pressure votes on him will make it more apparent to the rest of you. But then, my reads are terrible. But I really like Galzria's, like I said, and I'm heartened that we agree. Maybe you guys will lynch me if pops flips town? Actually maybe you'll lynch me if pops flips scum, given how much he's defended me. It does hurt to be voting for one of the few people who consistently defends my towniness.

But I'm not going to hop on my own wagon and I don't think O or Glooble is scum.

Several people have expressed lukewarm interest in a Grujah wagon. I could dig it. Or if a Galz lynch picked up steam I could go that way. Otherwise, it's gotta be pops.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: June 20, 2012, 05:09:08 pm »

If J comes up town, I would consider Glooble town.  I think mafia-Glooble would have been fine being linked with J-town since if mafia-Glooble was lynched he'd take J-town down with him, and if J-town is lynched we'd trust mafia-Glooble more. 

So - J flips town - this clears Glooble in your head - and then what? 

DSell isn't going to answer any prodding, and Tables posts so infrequently I wouldn't expect to see him either.

@RobZ - If J is town - how does your read of the situation change?
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: June 20, 2012, 05:37:36 pm »

DSell isn't going to answer any prodding

Just to clarify: 

- I have not prodded Dsell because he is on V/LA, returning in a few days if I recall correctly.
- If a lynch occurs while Dsell is still on V/LA, Night 2 will be extended until around 18-24 hours after Dsell's return.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: June 20, 2012, 05:48:01 pm »

Just to clarify: 

- I have not prodded Dsell because he is on V/LA, returning in a few days if I recall correctly.
- If a lynch occurs while Dsell is still on V/LA, Night 2 will be extended until around 18-24 hours after Dsell's return.

Agreed - I meant prodding from me / Galz regarding what the plan would be if J is lynched, not Mod Prodding. Should have been  more clear.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: June 20, 2012, 06:17:01 pm »

Just to clarify: 

Agreed - I meant prodding from me / Galz regarding what the plan would be if J is lynched, not Mod Prodding. Should have been  more clear.

I know it's been noted before, but just looking at Jo's last post:

"I'm good with lynching Galz"
"I want to lynch Pops"
"Someone mentioned a Gruj wagon. I'm good with that"

All in one post. Jo has the ultimate "anybody but me" syndrome... And it comes across so irksome.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: June 20, 2012, 06:25:48 pm »

All in one post. Jo has the ultimate "anybody but me" syndrome... And it comes across so irksome scummy.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: June 20, 2012, 07:03:08 pm »

Just to clarify: 

I know it's been noted before, but just looking at Jo's last post:

"I'm good with lynching Galz"
"I want to lynch Pops"
"Someone mentioned a Gruj wagon. I'm good with that"

All in one post. Jo has the ultimate "anybody but me" syndrome... And it comes across so irksome.

Seriously? Cause if you read the whole post I actually go through all the wagons, list several that I won't participate in (glooble and O) and rank the others somewhat in order of pereference.  So sue me for trying to facilitate a lynch.  You can't just pull out the parts of my post where I express willingness to lynch certain people, ignore the parts where I express unwillingness to lynch other people, and then say that I'm Mr. Lynch Lynch Lynch.  I could do the same thing with recent posts from CF, Robz, even probably you, Galz.  This is confirmation bias at it's worst.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: June 20, 2012, 07:04:48 pm »

BTW, Axxle's super-sarcastic tunnel on me is super not cute.

He/him

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: June 20, 2012, 07:06:21 pm »

All in one post. Jo has the ultimate "anybody but me" syndrome... And it comes across so irksome scummy.

I was actually very conscience NOT to use that word, because one thing Pops DOES have right is confusing "disliked playstyle" and "scum" (in the sense that scum = mafia".

I think Pops is scummy. I think Jo has been... Well, irksome.

Jo COULD be scum. Robz claims that Pops has been to obvious (to be Mafia), but has no issues lynching Jo, who has dug himself deeper holes than anybody else. These two altering statements from somebody I trust has me a bit concerned.

Why would Robz defend Pops?

It's just... Really confusing. I broke away from my gut instinct D1, which said to lynch Jo. Instead I followed a false read into lynching Axxle1. Given my track record on reads in M-II, it's no surprise I would be a little more uncertain now.

Pops is my strongest scum READ. Jo is who my gut says to lynch. So yeah, I'm trying to figure out NOW what would be gained by voting against my reads, should Jo flip town.

Then again, O would probably tell me I'm over thinking it. In M-I and M-III, success came down to the roles getting results. That takes time. Pops conceivably COULD be a PR (he hasn't reached L-1 with imminent hammer yet, which is where he would claim). Jo HAS claimed VT already, so if he's Mafia, he can't fakeclaim at this point...

Gah! Yes, this post rambled. Just stream of conscience.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: June 20, 2012, 07:07:52 pm »

You were pointing out that J was incredibly survivalist, which is a scum tell.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1785 on: June 20, 2012, 07:08:33 pm »

I was actually very conscience NOT to use that word, because one thing Pops DOES have right is confusing "disliked playstyle" and "scum" (in the sense that scum = mafia".

I think Pops is scummy. I think Jo has been... Well, irksome.

Jo COULD be scum. Robz claims that Pops has been to obvious (to be Mafia), but has no issues lynching Jo, who has dug himself deeper holes than anybody else. These two altering statements from somebody I trust has me a bit concerned.

Why would Robz defend Pops?

It's just... Really confusing. I broke away from my gut instinct D1, which said to lynch Jo. Instead I followed a false read into lynching Axxle1. Given my track record on reads in M-II, it's no surprise I would be a little more uncertain now.

Pops is my strongest scum READ. Jo is who my gut says to lynch. So yeah, I'm trying to figure out NOW what would be gained by voting against my reads, should Jo flip town.

Then again, O would probably tell me I'm over thinking it. In M-I and M-III, success came down to the roles getting results. That takes time. Pops conceivably COULD be a PR (he hasn't reached L-1 with imminent hammer yet, which is where he would claim). Jo HAS claimed VT already, so if he's Mafia, he can't fakeclaim at this point...

Gah! Yes, this post rambled. Just stream of conscience.

Look at that, Galzria talked about lynching two different people in one post! That anyone-but-me syndrome he has is just terrible.

...is a thing that no one will day about Galzria.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: June 20, 2012, 07:08:53 pm »

*say

He/him

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: June 20, 2012, 07:09:29 pm »

My reads in M-III, sorry. Dropped an I.

Mafia Record:

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: June 20, 2012, 07:12:23 pm »

Well, Galz vs. Pops was interesting. After reading both Galz post and Pops reply, both cases were well made (Galz attack and Pops defence, that is), and it's actually made me think the most likely scenario is that both are town, and the mafia were happy to sit back and watch, and now happy to simply push one or the other. Whose jumped onto the wagons so far? Hmm.

My vote is already on Joth, and his recent play has just been more and more mafia like. Sit back, wait for a good wagon. Jump on the wagon. Talk, post token analysis until someone calls you, make some vague defence, possibly attack them back. Wait for nothing really to happen. Glooble's twin thing is interesting, but... I know that in mafia, you can come pretty close to decieving yourself if you're good (I've written whole paragaphs explaining why I think someone is mafia in other games, before remembering that I'm the mafia and they're definitely town). And if you can decieve yourself, well, I suspect you can decieve your twin. It's a bit of a non-sequituer I know, but I think it's possible. And there's always the chance both Joth and Glooble are scum, anyway.

My vote is now firmly fixed on Joth, for now. Pops I'm still suspicious of, but as I said before, I'm beginning to think this big quiet period was because the mafia were waiting for a town vs. town debate to spark up.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: June 20, 2012, 07:13:01 pm »

You were pointing out that J was incredibly survivalist, which is a scum tell.

I really don't know how you could be LESS survivalist than I've been this game. I OFFERED TO LYNCH MYSELF. In what universe is that survivalist?

The things that Axxle says about me. They're not legitimate things. They're just ... Stir the pot stir the pot drive the wagon drive the wagon. Does nobody else see that? Do I need to post his iso?

He/him

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: June 20, 2012, 07:14:54 pm »

Ugh. More and more defensive as the pressure mounts.

Alright. I'll trust my gut this time, and because he's driving me up the wall. If I DON'T vote Jo, and he's scum, I'll never forgive myself if he goes on to win. If I don't vote Pops and he goes on to win,  at least I'll feel outplayed, but not foolish.

Vote: Jotheonah

Mafia Record:

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: June 20, 2012, 07:17:55 pm »

Am I this invisible right now? That no one is even going to consider what I have to say? Look at Axxle's iso and tell me you see a helpful town player! Like half his posts today are one-liners that egg on my wagon. Of the remaining half, most are also one-liner snipes.

He/him

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: June 20, 2012, 07:19:30 pm »

Vote Count 2-13A

Galzria (1): popsofctown
O (1): SwitchedFromStarcraft
jotheonah (5): Dsell, Tables, Robz888, Axxle, Galzria
popsofctown (2): jotheonah, Glooble
Glooble (1): O

Not voting {2}: Grujah, Captain_Frisk

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch

Lynch Deadline:  Monday, June 25, 9:59 a.m. EDT
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 03:24:58 pm by Voltgloss »

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: June 20, 2012, 07:19:43 pm »

And I'm sorry this is being seen as defensive. Perhaps this will help?

Unvote.

Vote: jtotheonah

When I flip town, lynch Axxle and/or whoever drops this hammer.

He/him

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: June 20, 2012, 07:32:22 pm »

Unvote.

I'm at an event but ugh kill him please, I am so sick of this.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: June 20, 2012, 07:36:00 pm »

I mean will someone with an ounce of sense look back at the last page and a half and tell me that the case against me, that I named more than one person at the phase of the day when we're trying to negotiate a lynch, makes sense? Or that Axxle has actual contributed a single helpful thing since replacing in, in particular a single comment about me that contained an original thought?

I'm totally down with being lynched, but get ready to look back tomorrow on the votes that got you there. Try to find the real scumhunting beneath them.

He/him

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: June 20, 2012, 07:44:32 pm »

Unvote.

I want to hmmer on principal. Not going to iPhone hammer though.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: June 20, 2012, 07:46:23 pm »

I mean will someone with an ounce of sense look back at the last page and a half and tell me that the case against me, that I named more than one person at the phase of the day when we're trying to negotiate a lynch, makes sense? Or that Axxle has actual contributed a single helpful thing since replacing in, in particular a single comment about me that contained an original thought?

I'm totally down with being lynched, but get ready to look back tomorrow on the votes that got you there. Try to find the real scumhunting beneath them.

If you are town j, then unvote and make them work for it

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: June 20, 2012, 07:48:09 pm »

EXACTLY

If you are town j, then unvote and make them work for it
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: June 20, 2012, 07:51:38 pm »

As town you really have no reason to self vote. As mafia, nobody is going to care about your 'lynch hammer' logic and this could end the day.

Also implicitly insulting everyone voting for you isn't generally a good move. For any alignment. Axxle hasn't been especially helpful lately, but he's also been pointing out scummy things about you. I can't blame him for it.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 139  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 20 queries.