Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 139  All

Author Topic: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (GAME OVER - MAFIA WINS!)  (Read 335031 times)

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (DAY 2 UNDERWAY)
« Reply #1702 on: June 19, 2012, 04:56:14 pm »

UNVOTE:
gasp!

Tell me about it. You don't even know how much it pains me.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: June 19, 2012, 04:57:30 pm »

What a sham Bastard Mafia II is now.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: June 19, 2012, 04:58:07 pm »

hey, hey, do the rules of that game let you talk about it outside its thread?

I bet they don't.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: June 19, 2012, 04:58:24 pm »

/joke

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: June 19, 2012, 04:58:43 pm »

that game has rules?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: June 19, 2012, 05:00:22 pm »

It's not so much apathy as resignation. (And I'm not so much feigning it, but experiencing it).
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: June 19, 2012, 05:06:56 pm »

Vote: Jotheonah

A major reason is that he's less valuable to the town than Pops or Galz might be.  And he's basically resigned to keep playing as he is.

is that the 4th vote?

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: June 19, 2012, 05:08:12 pm »

Vote: Jotheonah

A major reason is that he's less valuable to the town than Pops or Galz might be.  And he's basically resigned to keep playing as he is.

is that the 4th vote?

Please explain the point that Pops might be valueable to town. 
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1710 on: June 19, 2012, 05:11:57 pm »

Pay close attention to who is and isn't derailing this on to me right now. When I flip town I think you'll find it interesting.

He/him

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: June 19, 2012, 05:12:20 pm »

Well, he's experienced. And if his posts aren't indicative of mafia play--they aren't to me--they are hopefully indicative of highly intelligent town play, and he might have very good info for us next round.

Anyway, Jo just parrots whoever is making a case against someone, as long as that someone isn't him. And as soon as Jo gets any heat, he retreats into whatever territory. And then he comes out of it and gets active again. I'm ready to burn him for good.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: June 19, 2012, 05:12:46 pm »

^First part of that is about Pops.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: June 19, 2012, 05:13:16 pm »

@mod: Can we get prods for Switched From Starcraft and Grujah and anyone else who haven't posted in 48 hours.

PEdit: @CF: his posts seem lucid when he wants to be.  Almost anyone is an asset compared to J at the moment, except for maybe Grujah.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: June 19, 2012, 05:17:32 pm »

@mod: Can we get prods for Switched From Starcraft and Grujah and anyone else who haven't posted in 48 hours.

PEdit: @CF: his posts seem lucid when he wants to be.  Almost anyone is an asset compared to J at the moment, except for maybe Grujah.

Hard to argue with this.  Every time J posts, all he does is make me question whatever point he's trying to make.  That said, my spider sense tingles with trying to lynch him.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: June 19, 2012, 05:19:42 pm »

I'm sure I don't know what you're talking about. I am perfectly lucid. Ask me anything and I will answer honestly.

He/him

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: June 19, 2012, 05:51:16 pm »

UNVOTE

Your unvote has exploded the universe, and now there is nobody left alive. The vacuum of space is deafening.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: June 19, 2012, 05:53:03 pm »

I'm still trusting Glooble's read on his twin brother.

I might be useful tomorrow, but usually if i play a game in the rut I stay in the rut.  Can't seem to figure much of anything out here

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: June 19, 2012, 06:01:04 pm »

UNVOTE

Your unvote has exploded the universe, and now there is nobody left alive. The vacuum of space is deafening.

Twas the unvote heard round the world.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: June 19, 2012, 06:20:17 pm »

UNVOTE

Twas the unvote heard round the world.

I think we should all lynch Robz for being disingenuous. We all know Robz would never unvote, so he must be hiding something. Certainly a very scummy thing to do. {bold}fakevote: Robz888{SLASHbold}.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1720 on: June 19, 2012, 06:29:31 pm »

I was really hoping Galz's case against pops would convince me that one or the other was mafia. It didn't. made me more suspicious of both, and now I don't know what to think.  I see a few possibilities:

We lynch Galz or pops

Lynching either of them just seems so high risk/ high reward to me: Pretty good chance of scum, but if not scum then we lose a really useful player. Of the two I am leaning more towards trusting Galz and lynching pops. If pops comes up town I will be reasonably certain Galz is scum. If Galz comes up town, I would be less inclined to immediately lynch pops.

We Lynch me (This could also apply to Grujah, but I'm the one whose had votes on him)

Lynching me would kind of be a wash - I know I'm town, but I'm also willing to concede I haven't been the most helpful town. I don't think my lynch would give the town much information. Few people have interacted with me in any meaningful way. And most of the people who have suspected me are people I have pretty strong town read on (not all, but most.) The thing is, just about anything true of lynching me is more true of option three, which is:

We lynch jotheonah

I still think jo is town, but his erratic behavior is just going to keep giving everyone false reads until we lynch him. I'm afraid the twinclaim just made the confusion even worse. If he is town, the mafia still sure as hell won't nightkill him, and so we'll keep having this same conversation every day, since most of you are not going to suddenly start trusting him. I'm not relishing that scenario.

So that's where I am now. I'm not placing a vote, because I'm not certain enough about any of these options, and I don't believe on supporting a bandwagon just because it's not on me. But I think we should either lynch jo (sorry bro) as kind of a psuedopolicy lynch, and I say pseudo because at least 2 of you genuinely believe he's scum, or take a risk on pops or Galz (I am like 80% sure one or the the other of them is mafia at this point.)

I'm going to a friends house for dinner and will be off the rest of the night. I'll check back in tomorrow morning.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: June 19, 2012, 07:01:22 pm »

I was really hoping Galz's case against pops would convince me that one or the other was mafia. It didn't. made me more suspicious of both, and now I don't know what to think.  I see a few possibilities:

We lynch Galz or pops

Lynching either of them just seems so high risk/ high reward to me: Pretty good chance of scum, but if not scum then we lose a really useful player. Of the two I am leaning more towards trusting Galz and lynching pops. If pops comes up town I will be reasonably certain Galz is scum. If Galz comes up town, I would be less inclined to immediately lynch pops.

We Lynch me (This could also apply to Grujah, but I'm the one whose had votes on him)

Lynching me would kind of be a wash - I know I'm town, but I'm also willing to concede I haven't been the most helpful town. I don't think my lynch would give the town much information. Few people have interacted with me in any meaningful way. And most of the people who have suspected me are people I have pretty strong town read on (not all, but most.) The thing is, just about anything true of lynching me is more true of option three, which is:

We lynch jotheonah

I still think jo is town, but his erratic behavior is just going to keep giving everyone false reads until we lynch him. I'm afraid the twinclaim just made the confusion even worse. If he is town, the mafia still sure as hell won't nightkill him, and so we'll keep having this same conversation every day, since most of you are not going to suddenly start trusting him. I'm not relishing that scenario.

So that's where I am now. I'm not placing a vote, because I'm not certain enough about any of these options, and I don't believe on supporting a bandwagon just because it's not on me. But I think we should either lynch jo (sorry bro) as kind of a psuedopolicy lynch, and I say pseudo because at least 2 of you genuinely believe he's scum, or take a risk on pops or Galz (I am like 80% sure one or the the other of them is mafia at this point.)

I'm going to a friends house for dinner and will be off the rest of the night. I'll check back in tomorrow morning.

Lynch 40% scum or lynch 90% town. What a tough decision you have.

He/him

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: June 19, 2012, 07:13:24 pm »

We lynch Galz or pops

We lynch jotheonah

I hope your trimming that hedge near the fence you're sitting on.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: June 19, 2012, 07:19:26 pm »

Where's Volt? I need a vote count! I need to know if...

In all honesty, I'm just curious where we stand. I wouldn't mind switching to Jo, but I want to hear from at least O first. And I would rather lynch Pops still.

Mafia Record:

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: June 19, 2012, 09:18:27 pm »

Vote Count 2-12

Captain_Frisk (1): O
Galzria (1): popsofctown
O (1): SwitchedFromStarcraft
jotheonah (4): Dsell, Tables, Robz888, Axxle
popsofctown (2): Galzria, jotheonah

Not voting {3}: Glooble, Grujah, Captain_Frisk

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch

Lynch Deadline:  Monday, June 25, 9:59 a.m. EDT
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 139  All

Page created in 1.757 seconds with 20 queries.