Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 139  All

Author Topic: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (GAME OVER - MAFIA WINS!)  (Read 335028 times)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (DAY 2 UNDERWAY)
« Reply #1600 on: June 18, 2012, 12:48:40 pm »

Is there something we can learn from the silence itself? Or are the mafia being silent because all three of the viable wagons (Myself, Galzria, and pops) are in fact town? So they're content to sit back and see what happens?

Or is everyone just wrapped up in IRL stuff that has nothing to do with the game?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: June 18, 2012, 12:49:38 pm »

Also, for the record, I'm perpetually signed in on two different computers. Just because my profile says I'm logged in doesn't mean I'm around or paying attention.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: June 18, 2012, 12:53:27 pm »

Galzria's claim over his Robz post
I've expressed my thoughts on this already. I want to hear Galzria's true thoughts about Robz's post.
Galzria's accusation of Pops
I'm interested to see his analysis.  I feel that Pops's reaction to Galzria's claim over Robz's post is justified though.
Robz post back a few days ago
You mean about Glooble? I find it interesting how Galzria's post on Robz completely took discussion away from Glooble.  I have had a decently scummy vibe coming from Glooble in general.
Yesterday's bandwagon on Axxle1
I think it felt justified.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: June 18, 2012, 12:54:57 pm »

Is there something we can learn from the silence itself? Or are the mafia being silent because all three of the viable wagons (Myself, Galzria, and pops) are in fact town? So they're content to sit back and see what happens?

Or is everyone just wrapped up in IRL stuff that has nothing to do with the game?
I had a lot of IRL things happening the last few days, and when I was able to log in there were other games that took slightly more precedent.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: June 18, 2012, 01:04:48 pm »

Also, for the record, I'm perpetually signed in on two different computers. Just because my profile says I'm logged in doesn't mean I'm around or paying attention.

I assumed that "last active" still involved interaction in some way - refreshing etc, vs. just having a computer with the browser open.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1605 on: June 18, 2012, 01:12:50 pm »

Waiting on Galz's post.  I want to refine my read on him more than any other progress in the game.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: June 18, 2012, 01:47:23 pm »

Waiting on Galz's post.  I want to refine my read on him more than any other progress in the game.

No pre-emptive counter claims?  What is your thought on his original mega post?

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: June 18, 2012, 02:23:49 pm »

It was scummy, but not damning.  I think I might have a different view of him than everyone else because he's claiming to have drawn the conclusion that I'm scum from his gambit, something I know is false. 

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: June 18, 2012, 02:36:41 pm »

It was scummy, but not damning.  I think I might have a different view of him than everyone else because he's claiming to have drawn the conclusion that I'm scum from his gambit, something I know is false.

Do you have any other candidates to discuss while we wait for G-money?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: June 18, 2012, 03:35:43 pm »

Galzria has admitted to being disingenuous. He said he did it for the sake of the town and because very little was happening, and it seemed worth it to get information.  But here we are, post-gambit, in the same position - very little is happening. I think the onus is now on Galzria to prove to us that his sketchy gambit was worth it; that it has given us actionable info and a worthy lynch target.  If it hasn't, we should think hard about lynching Galzria, who we no longer feel we can trust.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: June 18, 2012, 03:36:58 pm »

Actually, Volt, it's been 47 hours since Galz posted. Can we get a prod?

He/him

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: June 18, 2012, 04:10:39 pm »

Thats at least 43 hours longer than he's ever gone before.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: June 18, 2012, 04:18:57 pm »

Thats at least 43 hours longer than he's ever gone before.

Forget the prod, call the police/ambulance/media!

Also, I'm back.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: June 18, 2012, 04:50:45 pm »

I dislike Joth pushing the Galzorpopsisscum every post

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: June 18, 2012, 04:58:22 pm »

You're literally the only two people I have a scumread on.  And Grujah, but what is there to talk about there? He's a lurker.

Then again, my reads are terrible.

He/him

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: June 18, 2012, 05:00:24 pm »

I dislike Joth pushing the Galzorpopsisscum every post

I dislike Joth.

If Joth is Mafia, this implies that either Glooble can't read his twin brother, or is also Mafia.  I'm not sure where the line is drawn on what types of claims are considered poor form, but I think I'd be angry if Glooble used that (as Mafia) to get his brother (also Mafia) off the lynching block.  Right now I'm inclined to lynch pops or Galzria, and if we have mislynched - then lynch the other tomorrow, while simultaneously praying to Justin Bieber that some power roles do some good overnight.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: June 18, 2012, 05:02:14 pm »

Everyone hates me, yet nobody votes me. If I were scum, I would be so freaking smug right now.

He/him

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: June 18, 2012, 05:05:56 pm »

I don't hate you, Jo. But I do vote for you.

However, I think I am still more inclined to vote Glooble.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: June 18, 2012, 05:20:17 pm »

1 - Galzria: Arguably very useful town, or incredibly dangerous mafia.  I'm leaning towards the latter.
2 - Dsell: No read. Slight town.
4 - Robz888: Seems like solid town Robz.
5 - Captain_Frisk: No read. Slight town.
6 - O: always hard to get a read.
9 - Glooble: felt something strange coming from him all game.  Probably the evil twin.  I think lynching him would give us a good amount of information regarding Jo, Robz, and Galzria. Decent scum.
10 - popsofctown: bit of an oddball, similar to Galz except he's not as great an asset either way.
11 - Tables: No read. Slight town
12 - Grujah: Not lurking so much as absent. Slight scum due to voting habits.
13 - jotheonah: Randomness in the beginning was offputting.  And he keeps talking about how his randomness at the beginning is digging him deeper and deeper in a hole and how he'd be a terrible mafia if he was.  I'm wary of him.  Slight scum.
14 - SwitchedFromStarcraft: Townman!  With the super power of super towniness!
15 - Axxle2 (replaced Green Opal): Hi.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1619 on: June 18, 2012, 05:47:00 pm »

I'm willing to admit the possibility that jo is so good he's played even me, but right now I'm not finding that to be one of my top scenarios.

I'm waiting to hear Galz's megapost. Even if one of Galz or pops is Mafia, though, there are still probably two more scum out there, maybe even three (if we have a Witch rather than a woodcutter/militia.) So there should definitely be more to discuss.

Now the next candidate after those three seems to be me. I can't really say much to that, except that I know that I'm not scum, and there isn't really enough pressure on me at the moment for me to feel like an impassioned defense of myself is the best use of everyone's time. Instead I'm going to hunt around for a better fourth candidate, because at least then maybe the town will have something to talk about.

Now it occurs to me that many of the arguments for jo being scum are also applicable to another player: O. He's been staying "active" (i.e. not lurking) with posting very many original suspicions or in depth analysis. His posts have been extremely reactive, and full of humor. Early on he was drawing some fire, but then jo started acting even crazier and we all sort of forgot about him. He's definitely someone to keep an eye on.

I was getting a slightly suspicious read from Axxle2, but I couldn't put my finger on it, so I went back and read his day 2 posts. I find I can't really fault him for voting for Galz for acting scummy when Galz was acting scummy, whether as part of a town gambit or not. So I got to this post:

I keep thinking about Galz and why he isn't dead.  I come up with 3 different reasons:

1) He's mafia.
2) Mafia think we'll lynch him because he spearheaded the Axxle1 case and was wrong.
3) Mafia think he'll spearhead another case and be wrong.
4) Mafia thought he'd be protected

I think that Galz's reasons for lynching Axxle1 were much too strong to be clearly malicious. And look how much the town has just written him off. Only J is really pushing Galz's case at the moment (and badly). So point 2 is very unlikely.
For the purposes of this thought experiment I'll assume point 1 is false too:
If 3 is correct, then maybe mafia haven't been that closely followed by Galz or they think they know the type of player Galz is going to try to lynch.  I think we should focus on lurkers since Galz seems to consider them an afterthought, as much of us do.
If 3 is correct, I don't think mafia would change their playstyles very much, so I would doubt that Robz, Glooble or Tables are mafia.
Not sure where that gets me. 

Well, that's my conspiracy theory of the evening.  Good night.

This comes off as a bit scummy to me, when combined with his quick hop on the Galz wagon after Galz's SK post, and the fact that as soon as Robz and others started expressing suspicions about me, he started expressing them to. His logic in this post is fuzzy. I don't know why he writes off option 2 - yes, at that point in the day, the town had weirdly exonerated Galz, but that was weird! Galz himself thought it was weird! How would the mafia have guessed that would happen?

This just kind of looks like the kind of "Analysis" someone would post if they already knew who the scum were and were trying to find something to say. It doesn't get the town anywhere. Plus he starts setting up to exonerate me, then immediately starts saying I look suspicious once it's clear that Robz thinks me likely to be scum.

Hopefully this starts some people talking. I'm waiting to hear back on Galz and pops, but I'm a little suspicious of O, still a little suspicious of jo, and a little more than a little suspicious of Axxle2.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1620 on: June 18, 2012, 05:51:16 pm »

Axxle 2 is one of the scummiest players itt. 

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: June 18, 2012, 05:53:29 pm »

in this town?

He/him

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: June 18, 2012, 06:14:03 pm »

I'm willing to admit the possibility that jo is so good he's played even me, but right now I'm not finding that to be one of my top scenarios.

I'm waiting to hear Galz's megapost. Even if one of Galz or pops is Mafia, though, there are still probably two more scum out there, maybe even three (if we have a Witch rather than a woodcutter/militia.) So there should definitely be more to discuss.

Now the next candidate after those three seems to be me. I can't really say much to that, except that I know that I'm not scum, and there isn't really enough pressure on me at the moment for me to feel like an impassioned defense of myself is the best use of everyone's time. Instead I'm going to hunt around for a better fourth candidate, because at least then maybe the town will have something to talk about.

Now it occurs to me that many of the arguments for jo being scum are also applicable to another player: O. He's been staying "active" (i.e. not lurking) with posting very many original suspicions or in depth analysis. His posts have been extremely reactive, and full of humor. Early on he was drawing some fire, but then jo started acting even crazier and we all sort of forgot about him. He's definitely someone to keep an eye on.

I was getting a slightly suspicious read from Axxle2, but I couldn't put my finger on it, so I went back and read his day 2 posts. I find I can't really fault him for voting for Galz for acting scummy when Galz was acting scummy, whether as part of a town gambit or not. So I got to this post:

I keep thinking about Galz and why he isn't dead.  I come up with 3 different reasons:

1) He's mafia.
2) Mafia think we'll lynch him because he spearheaded the Axxle1 case and was wrong.
3) Mafia think he'll spearhead another case and be wrong.
4) Mafia thought he'd be protected

I think that Galz's reasons for lynching Axxle1 were much too strong to be clearly malicious. And look how much the town has just written him off. Only J is really pushing Galz's case at the moment (and badly). So point 2 is very unlikely.
For the purposes of this thought experiment I'll assume point 1 is false too:
If 3 is correct, then maybe mafia haven't been that closely followed by Galz or they think they know the type of player Galz is going to try to lynch.  I think we should focus on lurkers since Galz seems to consider them an afterthought, as much of us do.
If 3 is correct, I don't think mafia would change their playstyles very much, so I would doubt that Robz, Glooble or Tables are mafia.
Not sure where that gets me. 

Well, that's my conspiracy theory of the evening.  Good night.

This comes off as a bit scummy to me, when combined with his quick hop on the Galz wagon after Galz's SK post, and the fact that as soon as Robz and others started expressing suspicions about me, he started expressing them to. His logic in this post is fuzzy. I don't know why he writes off option 2 - yes, at that point in the day, the town had weirdly exonerated Galz, but that was weird! Galz himself thought it was weird! How would the mafia have guessed that would happen?

This just kind of looks like the kind of "Analysis" someone would post if they already knew who the scum were and were trying to find something to say. It doesn't get the town anywhere. Plus he starts setting up to exonerate me, then immediately starts saying I look suspicious once it's clear that Robz thinks me likely to be scum.

Hopefully this starts some people talking. I'm waiting to hear back on Galz and pops, but I'm a little suspicious of O, still a little suspicious of jo, and a little more than a little suspicious of Axxle2.
I was not writing off any of the points.  I was just discussing what ifs.  I thought I was pretty clear:
3 is not correct if Galz is mafia.

I wrote off 2 because almost no one questioned Galz's intentions from the lynch yesterday (at least that I can recall, and my recollection is admittedly very fuzzy, e.g. a few posts above that quote I forgot Theorel was dead).  I would think that mafia would at least push the town towards it a bit.

This is a very slow mafia day, even on the 12th were were struggling to find things to talk about.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: June 18, 2012, 06:17:36 pm »

Axxle 2 is one of the scummiest players itt.
I try to contribute and I'm scum.  People can be doing other things than just waiting for Galz to post.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1624 on: June 18, 2012, 06:42:57 pm »

I'm trying to.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 139  All

Page created in 2.138 seconds with 20 queries.