Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 139  All

Author Topic: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (GAME OVER - MAFIA WINS!)  (Read 335014 times)

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
Re: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (DAY 2 UNDERWAY)
« Reply #1575 on: June 15, 2012, 09:01:22 pm »

more convinced than ever that one of you is mafia. just gotta figure out which one.

You mean Galz and pops?

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: June 15, 2012, 09:09:42 pm »

more convinced than ever that one of you is mafia. just gotta figure out which one.

You mean Galz and pops?

What is your read on the situation glooble?
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: June 15, 2012, 09:49:09 pm »

Should I write up my post on Pops tonight, or wait to give the town time to respond/chime in without feeling pressured/influenced?

There is plenty to dissect without my adding more at this point, and I think Pops actions thusfar have spoken for themselves without my added input. Still, I'll be happy to present tonight if desired.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: June 15, 2012, 10:04:42 pm »

Should I write up my post on Pops tonight, or wait to give the town time to respond/chime in without feeling pressured/influenced?

There is plenty to dissect without my adding more at this point, and I think Pops actions thusfar have spoken for themselves without my added input. Still, I'll be happy to present tonight if desired.

I want you to post it just so I can read something in this dead dead thread. 

That said, I'd prefer (unlikely) to see everyone weigh in before the (seemingly inevitable) epic Galz / Pops showdown.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: June 15, 2012, 10:09:14 pm »

I want you to post it just so I can read something in this dead dead thread. 

That said, I'd prefer (unlikely) to see everyone weigh in before the (seemingly inevitable) epic Galz / Pops showdown.

I'm sad how dead it's been. I too would rather wait, but I don't want to be accused of pandering to the crowd. Ahh... Well, I won't be able to until late, so maybe we'll hear from more people before then.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1580 on: June 15, 2012, 10:16:44 pm »

I don't like the idea of putting forth a theory that you know is wrong just to gauge reactions. But I can see TownGalz liking it, especially if he felt like the day was going no where. Generating discussion is good. Lying as town is bad, it makes it harder to trust you, but it's necessary at times (for instance, if you're a power role trying to get the Mafia off your scent.) I don't think "nothing interesting is happening" justifies that behavior, but it doesn't seem scummy to me.

I'm not sure about Galz's post as "Mafia back-peddling" though. It just doesn't seem like Galz's style to back down from a claim with an elaborate excuse with four votes on him. I'd expect him to stick to his guns and defend his stance. I currently find it slightly more believable that Galz is town and made a questionable play. But I am suspicious.

Pops is tough to figure out. At first his terse style seemed very scummy to me, like he was bullying people out of arguing with him with his condescending comments, but as day 1 went on I started to trust him. Now I'm unsure. The less you say, the harder it is to catch you in a lie, so talking in sound bites makes a lot of sense for scum. So does setting yourself up as an authority on all things mafia. Pops has given explanations for these things, but I await Galz's post with great interest.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: June 16, 2012, 02:41:08 am »

Alright, I've written up the post RE: Pops, and just have to paste it in now, but seeing as I've only heard from Glooble and C.F. I'm going to hold off on putting out to give others a chance to talk. SFS, Grujah, Tables, Robz, O, and Dsell - I would like to hear from you guys. We have 12 people involved. I don't want this to be dominated by 3 or 4.

Mafia Record:

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: June 16, 2012, 12:11:13 pm »

I explained why I posted in sound bites early on - so people like Green Opal, who did eventually replaced out, could stay caught up with the game.  Now I don't post much because I'm a bit lost as far as who is scum.

I'd prefer "opinionated" over authoritarian. 

I await Galzria's case I guess.  I just hope he doesn't use that "he's scum, that's why he said he's today's most likely lynch" line.  Would be a bit ironic.

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: June 16, 2012, 12:52:15 pm »

I believe I stated my opinions on the last page. I'm honestly left unsure about you, Galz. I wouldn't be surprised if you and Pops are bussing each other, either. You're both very experienced players, you both have very different views and one getting the other lynched would look very town. But I also expect you'd both know such a conclusion would be suggested, and so the WIFOM starts.

Pops recent posts also happen to have done something towards convincing me of my suspicions. Town lying is perfectly legitimate, and can work. Like many reasons for policy lynching, 'lynch all liars' is a good way for a community to stop creative play and hinder the towns chances in difficult games. And his recent post, uhh... I'm really struggling to see that as a reason that can be taken seriously, even if it was posted earlier. Short posts don't tell us much, they don't let you do analysis, they intentionally limit the amount you're saying in the game and thus limit the amount of information flowing in the game. Now tell me, who would want to do that, mafia or town? Hmm. And your justification is that it lets a small number of players stay caught up. Which doesn't really work once we hit a point where posts are made at a rate of like a hundred per day. It just means they have one less person's posts to read.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: June 16, 2012, 01:30:16 pm »

I can't buy a bus right now. You see a bus when mafia is losing or when someone already has pressure on them. Neither pops nor Galz was in enough hot water that a winning mafia team would go straight for the bus, with so many better options.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: June 16, 2012, 01:36:18 pm »

...SFS: Are you seriously going to suggest that someone using common terminology in a non-standard way getting interpreted in the common way, when they can very easily correct it, is something to be suspicious of?
I just thought it was so...strident (emphatic? definitive?) as to imply a mindset that might have been instructive.
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: June 16, 2012, 01:46:38 pm »

Clearly Joth is the 3rd member of the mafia team.

Jokes aside, I can see your poin
I can't buy a bus right now. You see a bus when mafia is losing or when someone already has pressure on them. Neither pops nor Galz was in enough hot water that a winning mafia team would go straight for the bus, with so many better options.

Bussing isn't just when a team is losing. An early bus can work, but actually, with a potential SK, unless the mafia is 4 man, it's pretty unlikely. If it is a 4 man mafia though, it could happen.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: June 16, 2012, 02:05:21 pm »

Er, that was interesting. The first part of the message was supposed to come after the quote. In fact, it wasn't meant to be there at all. But whatever. I can see the point Joth made.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: June 16, 2012, 03:52:50 pm »

Alright, I've written up the post RE: Pops, and just have to paste it in now, but seeing as I've only heard from Glooble and C.F. I'm going to hold off on putting out to give others a chance to talk. SFS, Grujah, Tables, Robz, O, and Dsell - I would like to hear from you guys. We have 12 people involved. I don't want this to be dominated by 3 or 4.

Go ahead and post it, but I'm unfortunately basically V/LA for the next few days.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: June 16, 2012, 04:16:52 pm »

Go ahead and post it, but I'm unfortunately basically V/LA for the next few days.

No problem. You, Robz, and many others. Enjoy!

I'll post it when I get home this evening.

Mafia Record:

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1590 on: June 17, 2012, 12:14:48 am »

...SFS: Are you seriously going to suggest that someone using common terminology in a non-standard way getting interpreted in the common way, when they can very easily correct it, is something to be suspicious of?
I just thought it was so...strident (emphatic? definitive?) as to imply a mindset that might have been instructive.

Sfs, you felt it was important to respond to this, bu nothing on the matter of pops v. Galzria? 

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: June 17, 2012, 09:33:45 am »

Sfs, you felt it was important to respond to this, bu nothing on the matter of pops v. Galzria?
Posting begets posting.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: June 17, 2012, 09:42:29 am »

Sorry for the misclick on #1591 that resulted in no post.

Go ahead and post the analysis, Galzria, I'd like to see what you have to say about Pops.

Posting begets posting.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: June 17, 2012, 07:07:50 pm »

More lies. Man how did this forum get so dead?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: June 17, 2012, 07:14:12 pm »

More lies. Man how did this forum get so dead?

Fathers day weekend?  Galzria is a liar though

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: June 17, 2012, 07:21:05 pm »

My father is out of town attending a funeral today.  Not sure whether to say Happy Father's day or skip it :/

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: June 17, 2012, 09:06:54 pm »

Not sure how to follow up Pop's post without looking either insensitive or being awkward, so I'll just go for potentially insensitive.

We need more discussion. Things are far too quiet right now and that's only good for the mafia.

Right now I think the big things to discuss are (and add to this if I've missed any):

Galzria's claim over his Robz post
Galzria's accusation of Pops
Robz post back a few days ago
Yesterday's bandwagon on Axxle

I'd also add we can still talk about Joth, and other bandwagons and suspicions today.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: June 17, 2012, 10:56:27 pm »

Once Mafia III ends and/or I return home I promise you conversation will pick up again  :).

It's nice to see proof that you all badly need me.  8)

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: June 18, 2012, 12:44:38 pm »

And now - the lurkers:

Tables and Grujah have been away since 6/17.  Everyone else has signed in today.  Quit lurking and say something.

@Galzria - Where is the pops analysis?
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 139  All

Page created in 0.777 seconds with 20 queries.