Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 139  All

Author Topic: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (GAME OVER - MAFIA WINS!)  (Read 335015 times)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (DAY 2 UNDERWAY)
« Reply #1400 on: June 13, 2012, 12:04:25 pm »

Vote: Galzria

SK-hunting is one of the strongest little black book tells.  In absence of much else, this is my number one suspicion.  In particular the preoccupation with NKs suggests Galzria is able to kill at night.

Jo stop voting Robz you're being an idjit.

I'm happy to vote for either of them! But apparently my vote is a magic vote that keeps people from being lynched, so maybe you don't want it on Galz.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: June 13, 2012, 12:04:38 pm »

The tells don't always work.  A fullhouse doesn't always win.  Just makes good odds.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: June 13, 2012, 12:05:25 pm »

The tells don't always work.  A fullhouse doesn't always win.  Just makes good odds.

Then pay close attention.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: June 13, 2012, 12:09:02 pm »

I try

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: June 13, 2012, 12:19:05 pm »

I just realized WIFOM is actually depicted on iso

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: June 13, 2012, 12:20:49 pm »

also am i the only player under 30 on iso :(

Are you talking about age, level or mean skill?  I think SFS is below 30 on 2 of those, but based on his recognition of Alice's Restaurant, I predict that he is over 30 on age.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: June 13, 2012, 12:24:13 pm »

SK-hunting is one of the strongest little black book tells.  In absence of much else, this is my number one suspicion.  In particular the preoccupation with NKs suggests Galzria is able to kill at night.

I'm happy to vote for either of them! But apparently my vote is a magic vote that keeps people from being lynched, so maybe you don't want it on Galz.

As Galz pointed out, when ever you vote or otherwise make noise, it causes me to instinctively question it.

The fact that he continues to quietly direct us away from you while not disagreeing with any of the arguments against your bad behavior makes me suspicious of both of you, but I can put together equally (un?)convincing arguments against everyone here.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: June 13, 2012, 12:26:58 pm »

I just realized WIFOM is actually depicted on iso

Scheme, yes?

I am sub-30. I peaked at 29 over... 300? Games since I first learned of Dominion on New Years. But I haven't played in a month and a half. No PC time at home, and can't play in my Android at work. It's one of the reasons I want the...

NO! Trap! Not going down that road! You ALMOST got me to fall into Rrenaud's rule.

Obvscum tactic.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: June 13, 2012, 12:36:35 pm »

I hit 30 again? Yay!

Vote: Galz

Gunning for SK is much more of a mafia thing than a town thing, like pops said.  But more than that, I get the feeling that you just want to discredit Robz.  You want to be the only leader in the town.  Robz has always been strong-headed and confident, and yet that's the majority of what you picked at in his post.  I find that thinking disingenuous.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: June 13, 2012, 12:41:10 pm »

I hit 30 again? Yay!

Vote: Galz

Gunning for SK is much more of a mafia thing than a town thing, like pops said.  But more than that, I get the feeling that you just want to discredit Robz.  You want to be the only leader in the town.  Robz has always been strong-headed and confident, and yet that's the majority of what you picked at in his post.  I find that thinking disingenuous.

That's an odd reason, as there has never been strife between us over something like that, and I would much rather have him with me than against me.

But that's fine.

Mafia Record:

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1410 on: June 13, 2012, 01:01:16 pm »

The thing that struck me most about Robz' long post is no longer an original criticism, but still confused/bothered me a good bit. I didn't like that he dismissed the idea of a SK in favor of the assumption that it was a Vigilante kill. No one has claimed vig yet, so I think it's much too early to write off the possibility of a SK. Bad assumption, IMO.

Now Galz' reply is actually also very interesting (and also partially based on an assumption, but he admits it so it's cool) and reasoned quite well. He addresses those same issues I did above. It scares me to think that some of our heavyweights might be mafia. Both because they will have a lot of sway with the town and because I don't expect them to make many mistakes.

I really really want Robz to be town. D1, we had a lot of the same ideas. So far D2, well I'm not sure if I think the case against Glooble is quite as strong as he thinks it is but it's not too much of a stretch to envision a mafia partnership between Gloob and jo. Lynching one of them will obviously give us more insight into that idea. But back to my original point, I am more than willing to give Robz some grace here. I'm not convinced that he's either SK or mafia yet, but this idea does give Galzria a little more credibility in my mind. That said, I'm also not convinced by pops that SK hunting is a strong mafia tell. Not amongst newer players anyway.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: June 13, 2012, 01:56:48 pm »

Well, teach me to give my opinion. Back to lurking!

Just kidding. I'm going to try and respond to all the criticism at once. In my next post, in just a bit.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: June 13, 2012, 02:20:06 pm »

Okay, responses to criticism of my case and of me. First, O:

1) You say Glooble defends Jo because Jo is a fellow mafia, but defends Galzria out of desire for an ally. This seems inconsistent and I don't really see why/how you came to two very different conclusions for the same action. It seems like a passive, Scummy defense of Galzria more than anything else.

You’re right. As I said before, even I succumb to acquitting Galzria for no reason, like everybody else. Don’t know why. It clearly does me no favors. I was assuming he was innocent, which was why I didn’t see Glooble defending him as weird. But, yeah, I’ll try to set that aside. He could be a mafia instead of Jo. But I think the case against Glooble and Jo is stronger. Maybe I’ll re-think that now that Galzria has come strongly after me.

2) You said it's possible Glooble is just the worst-town of all time. No, in all likelihoood SFS would be if both were town.

3) You called SFS "100% confirmed town". He is like 90% confirmed town. Obviously it would be inanely stupid to lynch him right now but it's a big overreach to say for certainty that he's town.

Hell, I'll go ahead and say it: We all know SFS is lying. The question is only in which direction (Its very very likely town). (OMG HE GAVE ADVICE AN IDIOT MAFIA WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO DECIPHER WITHOUT HIS HELP HE MUST BE MAFIA): No, if we had an idiot mafia our choices would be a lot easier atm.

I am like 95% sure that SFS is town. That’s pretty much more certain than I have ever been of anyone in any mafia game so far.

4) The rest of your case seems to lie upon the fact that Glooble has said to not look inside the Axxle voters. This annoys me too, after all, I *am* a non-axxle voter. I think I said Theorel hedged his vote when he did the exact same thing. But from the perspective of a townie who voted for Axxle, it makes a bit more sense: He was a town that got lured into it, it follows that others will?

That being said, I agree that his play would have been pretty damn terrible if he is town. Just not as bad as SFS's.

Seems to me that everything Glooble said was wrong. Making him incompetent, or mafia.

Now, to Galzria:

The following will look at Robz's opening paragraphs from the perspective that Robz is a Serial Killer:

As everybody knows, I was against killing Axxle yesterday. (I was right about that.) I was for killing Jo. (I may yet be right about that.) But for now, Jo is only my second-most-likely mafia suspect.

My top suspect is Glooble, and here is my explanation. Large pieces of this argument were constructed by other people, but I just looked at really, really carefully in the last hour or so, and found it convincing.

Ok, first off in his opening paragraph he once more uses the "I was right about Axxle1" to try to garner trust. This is especially important moving forward.

What's worth noting (to me), is that while he WAS right about Axxle1, he wasn't the only person who was - and he didn't exactly agree D1 on with those other people about who WAS a better choice. This is relevant because I don't understand why Robz should suddenly be seen as "the voice of Mr. Right", and I don't think using that argument should add any weight to future cases.

Essentially, I would like to steal a little bit of your thunder, Galzria. You are a serial mislyncher, and you always seem to get your way. I want the town to listen to someone else for a change. Someone with a better track record than you. And I do think I am on to something. So yes, I want to be seen as the voice of Mr. Right. Absolutely.

Still, as a Serial
Let's start at the top with his bold assertion that Insomniac was the Mafia kill, and Theorel the Vigilante kill.

He doesn't just offer it as opinion, he states it as near fact:

"it is pretty clear that Theorel was a vigilante kill, or possibly a Serial Killer kill, and Insomniac was the mafia kill."

Building off his "credibility" in the first two paragraphs, he doesn't want us to question his assertions here, so doesn't give us the option to.

Well of course it’s an opinion, but I think it’s a correct one. Just as me saying “SFS is town” is an opinion, but I would bet that it’s the correct one. I would also bet on Insomniac as the mafia kill and Theorel as the Vig kill.

I had a hard time swallowing that; not the idea itself, but how SURE Robz was, and how badly he wants everyone to believe it (him).

See, the thing is, convincing people that there is a Vigilante on the loose is a great cover for a Serial Killer. They both (to a degree) want the same thing: To kill at night, ideally Mafia. This is especially true is Town is being lynched during the day.

Every time there is a 2nd NK, Robz can refer back to this post. If the NK hits Mafia, he can cheer the "unknown Vigilante" for a good read. If the NK hits Town, he can lament the "unknown Vilgilante's" reckless play.

And that's just it. His post neither proves nor disproves the existence of either SK or Vigilante, but is designed to sheppard us along into following his beliefs so that he can hide behind the actions of an "unknown Vigilante".

Fine, I’ll just say it: I believe there is a Vigilante who killed Theorel. I also think I know who it is. I am picking up on some tells that possibly other people didn’t notice, but yeah. So that’s why I think it. If the person I have in my head is a Vigilante, the Theorel kill makes a lot of sense. I obviously don’t want to out the person, and I could be wrong. So anyway, that’s why I am so sure.

Moving onto his next paragraph:

The mafia probably don't want to kill Theorel, because it narrows the pool of living, possibly guilty Axxle voters, and in all likelihood some of the mafia are in there. Insomniac, on the other hand, has a track record of catching mafia on Day 2--he got me in MII (which, by the way, is something Jo or Galz might be most likely to remember)--did not vote for the mislynch, and I said he was fundamentally un-suspicious, and I think I have at least some sway here. So it makes good sense to kill him, for the mafia.

Now let's look at his assertions for N1 kills.

Insomniac, as Robz points out, had a track record of reading Mafia tells D2. This is true. Robz's conclusion from that is misleading however. He would like to draw the line between "Someone good at reading Mafia" and "Good Mafia night target". He uses myself and Jotheonah to leverage his point, noting that we are likely to have cause to remember Insomniacs successful Mafia hunting. What Robz omits, is himself.

This was a very tactful decision by Robz, because the scum reads Insomniac got were against HIM, not anybody else. If any of us had a mind to kill Insomniac on the basis of Meta-Gaming then, it would make the most sense to be Robz. The line of connection wasn't that Insomniac could read Mafia, it was that Insomniac could read Robz.

Um, I would not kill Insomniac if I were mafia or SK. I am a better debater! I beat him fair and sqaure in M2! Really, I wouldn’t consider him a threat to me.

So all that's left is Theorel. Why would the Mafia chose to kill him? Was it because he was on to them? Was it to cast suspicion on the people he suspected? WIFOM.

I don't know why. That's not to say there aren't good reasons: there are. I just don't know which applies best. Multiple people now have suggested multiple reasons, and rehashing then won't get me anywhere.

What I believe, however, is that Robz is the Serial Killer. I believe his case for Glooble is a strong one, and argued from a position of wanting to kill Mafia. I don't know that he's RIGHT, but I'm inclined to believe his case is genuine.

I said in my first response that something about his post felt like an M-II argument, and I feel decent about my read. 100%? No, of course not. But comfortable enough to Vote: Robz.

You don’t know why Theorel was killed, but I do. He was killed by the Vigilante. I think I know who the Vigilante is, and why he killed Theorel. So there.

Emphatically, I am NOT the Serial Killer.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: June 13, 2012, 02:40:31 pm »

And, come on people. Jo is happy to vote for either of us? Even though Galzria responds to my case against Jo/Glooble by voting for me, all but assuring that me and Galz are not both mafia? What does he think, we are SK/mafia?

The role in the game who would vote for anybody, as long as it's not them, is the mafia.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: June 13, 2012, 02:45:19 pm »

You don’t know why Theorel was killed, but I do. He was killed by the Vigilante. I think I know who the Vigilante is, and why he killed Theorel. So there.

There is only 1 way to know for sure why Theorel was killed.  Are you claiming to be Batman?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: June 13, 2012, 02:47:59 pm »

And, come on people. Jo is happy to vote for either of us? Even though Galzria responds to my case against Jo/Glooble by voting for me, all but assuring that me and Galz are not both mafia? What does he think, we are SK/mafia?

The role in the game who would vote for anybody, as long as it's not them, is the mafia.

Yes, I already said that I think you're SK/mafia. It makes plenty of sense from where I'm sitting. I have a hard time trusting either of you to be town. This could, admittedly, be an MII bias.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: June 13, 2012, 02:48:32 pm »

There is only 1 way to know for sure why Theorel was killed.  Are you claiming to be Batman?

An SK claiming Vig? That's original.

He/him

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: June 13, 2012, 02:49:27 pm »

No one has any idea of what rolefishing is, or why it's bad.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: June 13, 2012, 02:51:55 pm »

It is impossible to argue on this one.  We've only been awake for a few days, so I'm holding off on severe bandwagoning, but I don't understand how anyone can not suspect him.  The fact that Galz isn't more worked up about it makes me very nervous about him.

That said I would have expectected that if Galz was the mafia ringleader, that J would have received a PM at some point @ night that said something like: "Dude, stop running your mouth.  Tell everyone you're on vacation this week, or swamped with work, and don't post anything."

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: June 13, 2012, 02:53:45 pm »

I do not know for SURE why Theorel was killed. I am not claiming to be Batman, or to know definitively who Batman is. I have deduced from the conversation yesterday which person is a likely Vigilante, and it makes sense why they would target Theorel.

Um, also, obviously I wouldn't want to say if I was. Nor should the person I suspect of being Vigilante say that they are.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: June 13, 2012, 02:54:15 pm »

No one has any idea of what rolefishing is, or why it's bad.

I do now: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=15626

Can I purchase this black book of yours?

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: June 13, 2012, 02:56:24 pm »

I do not know for SURE why Theorel was killed. I am not claiming to be Batman, or to know definitively who Batman is. I have deduced from the conversation yesterday which person is a likely Vigilante, and it makes sense why they would target Theorel.

Um, also, obviously I wouldn't want to say if I was. Nor should the person I suspect of being Vigilante say that they are.

Fair enough.  I was just reacting to your statement "You don’t know why Theorel was killed, but I do. He was killed by the Vigilante. "

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: June 13, 2012, 03:24:55 pm »

Rolefishing behavior is incredibly anti-town, even if it rarely is a useful scumtell.

Everyone stop it.

This thread is now about Counting House.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: June 13, 2012, 03:25:19 pm »

It is impossible to argue on this one.  We've only been awake for a few days, so I'm holding off on severe bandwagoning, but I don't understand how anyone can not suspect him.  The fact that Galz isn't more worked up about it makes me very nervous about him.

That said I would have expectected that if Galz was the mafia ringleader, that J would have received a PM at some point @ night that said something like: "Dude, stop running your mouth.  Tell everyone you're on vacation this week, or swamped with work, and don't post anything."

Ha! Like I would listen. Srsly though everyone has to decide if I'm a bad town player or a bad mafia player or a bad serial killer.  But there's no option on the table that makes me a good anything.

Still and all, I think that the best thing I can do at this point as town is be obnoxious in a constructive way. So these seemingly random moves ARE designed to get meaningful reactions out of my scumreads.

He/him

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: June 13, 2012, 03:31:35 pm »

Rolefishing behavior is incredibly anti-town, even if it rarely is a useful scumtell.

Everyone stop it.

This thread is now about Counting House.

Ooh, foul called, yellow-flag.

The Ref has blown his whistle.

Mafia Record:

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 139  All

Page created in 2.003 seconds with 20 queries.