Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 139  All

Author Topic: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (GAME OVER - MAFIA WINS!)  (Read 335019 times)

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (DAY 2 UNDERWAY)
« Reply #1375 on: June 13, 2012, 02:33:43 am »

Robz has been MIA... If he has time to beat me by *making* me get a 5-2 split on a hag board, he should have time to come here and explain why he killed Theorel what his suspicions are ATM.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: June 13, 2012, 02:36:44 am »

If 3 is correct, I don't think mafia would change their playstyles very much, so I would doubt that Robz, Glooble or Tables are mafia.

I get everything except this line. Have Robz, Glooble, and Tables changed their playstyles a lot this game? This is Glooble's first game here and Tables only got through one day of Mafia II.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: June 13, 2012, 02:38:03 am »

I meant from Day 1 to Day 2.  Glooble has clearly made an effort to get more content into his posts.  Tables has gotten more active too.  Robz has gone much more silent.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: June 13, 2012, 02:38:54 am »

And I don't think any of them were on Galz's radar Day 1, so switching it up Day 2 is slightly dangerous.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: June 13, 2012, 02:39:34 am »

I meant from Day 1 to Day 2.  Glooble has clearly made an effort to get more content into his posts.  Tables has gotten more active too.  Robz has gone much more silent.

Gotcha. And I see your point, too.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1380 on: June 13, 2012, 02:44:54 am »

Hey guys. Sorry I've been so quiet. Sort of had a rough IRL day (nothing serious, just a bummer of a day).

I went back through the Day 2 conversation and I have pretty much made up my mind. I'll post an explanation and my vote in just a bit.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: June 13, 2012, 03:17:24 am »

Hey guys. Sorry I've been so quiet. Sort of had a rough IRL day (nothing serious, just a bummer of a day).

I went back through the Day 2 conversation and I have pretty much made up my mind. I'll post an explanation and my vote in just a bit.

>Waits patiently

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: June 13, 2012, 03:33:00 am »

As everybody knows, I was against killing Axxle yesterday. (I was right about that.) I was for killing Jo. (I may yet be right about that.) But for now, Jo is only my second-most-likely mafia suspect.

My top suspect is Glooble, and here is my explanation. Large pieces of this argument were constructed by other people, but I just looked at really, really carefully in the last hour or so, and found it convincing.

First, a look at the Day 1 votes.

Vote Count 1-16

popsofctown (1) - Insomniac
jotheonah (4) - Green Opal, Robz888, Dsell, Axxle
Axxle {8} - Galzria, jotheonah, Captain_Frisk, SwitchedFromStarcraft, popsofctown, Glooble, Grujah, theorel
theorel (1) - O

Not Voting {1} - Tables

I think the votes speak for themselves: it is pretty clear that Theorel was a vigilante kill, or possibly a Serial Killer kill, and Insomniac was the mafia kill. We know Axxle1 was innocent; therefore, the people that voted him are automatically a little more suspicious than the others. Among these voters, I certainly thought Theorel was one of the most suspicious. He dropped the hammer. It was pretty bandwagon-ish. And earlier, uh, I had said that his posts were pretty "mafia middleground-ish," and he had that argument with Dsell that made him look very bad. My point is: He is such an obvious choice for a Vigilante to kill. People with the power to kill in the night usually exercise that power whether it's wise or not. You'e a Vigilante, you're going to kill someone, you kill Theorel. Really, it makes a lot of sense. (It makes a little less sense if this was the SK kill, but... my guess is we have a Vigilante. And doesn't the SK want to kill the mafia too?)

The mafia probably don't want to kill Theorel, because it narrows the pool of living, possibly guilty Axxle voters, and in all likelihood some of the mafia are in there. Insomniac, on the other hand, has a track record of catching mafia on Day 2--he got me in MII (which, by the way, is something Jo or Galz might be most likely to remember)--did not vote for the mislynch, and I said he was fundamentally un-suspicious, and I think I have at least some sway here. So it makes good sense to kill him, for the mafia.

Here is what Glooble says about it:

So, someone killed insomniac. If jo was Mafia, I can't imagine he would do that, since it seems like day one he was trying to set up a bandwagon for him. If jo is SK trying to hit Mafia, he might have gone with his strongest suspicion. Same if he's the vig. But I would say insomniac's death exonerates jo somewhat, unless its a WIFOM situation, with jo trying to use this very argument.

Theorel is to me the more likely scum kill. There was suspicion against him, yes, but he was also developing a reputation as a smart insightful player - but not so much that the doctor would think to protect him. I could see Mafia wanting him out of the way for these reasons, and seeing him as a safe nk (i.e. unlikely to be blocked.)

Gloobe begins defending Jo, who I believe is his mafia co-hort. Jo is not mafia because Insomniac died? It makes little sense. And of course Thoerel is NOT more likely the scum kill, for the reasons I outlined. So it looks to me like Gloobe is either really wrong, or he’s trying to suggest the opposite of the truth, deliberately.

He continues:

Ok, so I'm going to lay down an assumption that might be wrong: I don't think Galzria is scum. His reasons for advocating Axxle1 seemed sound to me when I voted, and they still seem sound now. I'm wary because of how well he fooled everyone in MII, but right now I'm finding Galz to be one of the more trustworthy players.

Getting Galz on your side is of course a terrific mafia move. And one Jo is incapable of making at this point.

So if he is town, I think it's highly possible that the mafia managed to keep their hands clean. Jo would have jumped on that bandwagon whether he was down or mafia because it was taking heat off him. If I was mafia, and I knew that jo was, and he had done such a good job drawing suspicion to himself, I would have bussed him, and I would have tried to make it as convincing as possible. So I think if jo is Mafia, he is likely the only one who voted for Axxle.

In other words, if we kill Jo, and he flips mafia--and Glooble knows he will--Glooble is suggesting that we don’t look at the Axxle voters for more mafia. Gloobe, coincidentally was an Axxle voter.

If jo is town, I think mafia probably helped the Axxle wagon along, but no more than they needed to. I was swayed by Galz's arguments. I think it's highly possible a lot of other townies were. But if I had to pin down one Axxle voter other than jo as suspicious, it would be Grujah. I was suspicious of him day one for voting early without giving a lot of reasoning, and that hasn't gone away.

But if we DO look at Axxle voters other than Jo, he says we should look at Grujah... The easiest person to pin as mafia, by a mile.

For the record, I still think jo is likely town, for the reasons I said day one - he's not stupid. I believe his roleclaim being a mistake, and that he's doing dumb things under the impression that having nothing to hide means you can play completely transparently.

If he is mafia, he's using some super-complex double-bluff strategy where he tries to make himself uber-suspicious, then get cleared so that everyone forgets about him. I find this possible, but unlikely.

I don’t like this for the record at all. He’s really trying to have it every which way in this post. Glooble doesn’t think Jo is mafia. But if we kill him and he is mafia, we shouldn’t suspect the other Axxle voters. And if we do suspect the other Axxle voters, we should suspect Grujah. All underlined by faulty logic about which nightkill was the scum kill.

Then, he tries to draw suspicion on SFS--the only living person in this game that we can be sure, beyond any reasonable doubt, is town.

On another note, I'm pretty suspicious of SFS right now. This cop claim seems like a really good way to draw attention away from one or even two mafiosos, while offering the town almost no helpful information. It's also totally full of holes:
1. If SFS really is an investigative role, why investigate Tables of all people? Better suspects included: jo, who everyone wants to lynch; pops, the subject of the first bandwagon, who's alignment would have been so much more instructive to know (and who has consistantly defended SFS for almost no reason I should add), Galz, who led the bandwagon on a VT, theorel, who hammered it, Grujah, Me for that matter. I could go on, I just think Tables was a really random choice.
2. Why share this information immediately? This makes no sense to me. There was no discussion going about Tables, virtually no chance of him being lynched, and he wasn't even involved in the Axxle lynch. Why did the town need to know immediately that he was town? I don't understand SFS's reasoning here at all and it's bugging me.

But if SFS is mafia, he just made a lot of people trust both him and, potentially, Tables. A bold play, yes, given the high risk of a counterclaim (which we haven't had yet) but definitely worth it if people buy it. SFS, I could use a stronger defense on why you chose to use your night action in such a manner. Right now its looking very scummy to me.

Look, I understand in theory why SFS’s move could make sense for scum. But that’s not the case. SFS is clearly exactly what he said, didn’t think it out entirely, maybe.... but there’s no reason to disbelieve this claim. Pops is absolutely right that SFS is “obvtown.” Anyone who says otherwise needs to think about it very carefully. Also, I agree with Pops that it wasn’t necessarily a bad move, given a doctor, there might end up the mafia target and the doctor lining up. I also trust Pops more for pointing this out to the town, and possibly to the doctor. So anyway I am getting strong town reads from both these people.

A rejoinder to CFrisk:

As for Glooble, I'm softening a bit.  I just went back and read his post history - with the mindset that he was 100% mafia... and all I read is bad reads.  (Assuming that theorel is scum kill, accusing SFS of being mafia).

Yes, everything Gloobe said was incorrect, weird accusals, odd defenses of jo, direction away from Axxle voters, etc. Either Gloobe is (forgive me) playing an all-time terrible game as town, or he is playing a somewhat un-subtle game as mafia. Look, he’s making mistakes either way. But I have a much easier time believing that he’s a mafia member who is doing things that make sense from a mafia perspective (un-subtle and suspicious looking though they are), than he is an incompetent townie.

And my main theory would be that Jo is his accomplice. And truly, my theory works best if this is true. But since I am more sure of Gloobe at this point than Jo, I will VOTE: GLOOBLE.

Certainly Innocent: SFS
Likely Innocent: Pops, Tables, Galzria, Dsell
Unknown: O, Axxle2, Captain Frisk, Grujah
Likely mafia: Glooble, Jotheonah
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: June 13, 2012, 03:44:25 am »

I can't put my finger on it... But that post had a distinct M-II feel.

I'm not suggesting you're wrong... Just... Ugh. I don't know. I'll try to pinpoint what stood out to me, and maybe get an explanation back from you.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: June 13, 2012, 03:54:43 am »

Now, more out of boredom/desire debate then real disagreement (I haven't settled on your case yet), I'll ask you some questions.

1) You say Glooble defends Jo because Jo is a fellow mafia, but defends Galzria out of desire for an ally. This seems inconsistent and I don't really see why/how you came to two very different conclusions for the same action. It seems like a passive, Scummy defense of Galzria more than anything else.

2) You said it's possible Glooble is just the worst-town of all time. No, in all likelihoood SFS would be if both were town.

3) You called SFS "100% confirmed town". He is like 90% confirmed town. Obviously it would be inanely stupid to lynch him right now but it's a big overreach to say for certainty that he's town.

Hell, I'll go ahead and say it: We all know SFS is lying. The question is only in which direction (Its very very likely town). (OMG HE GAVE ADVICE AN IDIOT MAFIA WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO DECIPHER WITHOUT HIS HELP HE MUST BE MAFIA): No, if we had an idiot mafia our choices would be a lot easier atm.

4) The rest of your case seems to lie upon the fact that Glooble has said to not look inside the Axxle voters. This annoys me too, after all, I *am* a non-axxle voter. I think I said Theorel hedged his vote when he did the exact same thing. But from the perspective of a townie who voted for Axxle, it makes a bit more sense: He was a town that got lured into it, it follows that others will?

That being said, I agree that his play would have been pretty damn terrible if he is town. Just not as bad as SFS's.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: June 13, 2012, 05:51:45 am »

Alright, I've pinpointed what felt "off" to me about Robz's post, and it's not his analysis of Glooble.

Robz is a really solid player, I think we'd all agree? Well one of the things I learned from playing alongside him as Mafia is that the best deceit lies in the truth.

Upon reading his post, I found his case to be articulately put together, with a strong backbone of posts supporting it. In truth, I can't find a whole lot to fault in his case against Glooble. It's well made, and feels genuine.

But something felt "off" the moment I read his post. And it took me a few reads to figure out what. It wasn't his case against Glooble, it was what preceded it.

The following will look at Robz's opening paragraphs from the perspective that Robz is a Serial Killer:

As everybody knows, I was against killing Axxle yesterday. (I was right about that.) I was for killing Jo. (I may yet be right about that.) But for now, Jo is only my second-most-likely mafia suspect.

My top suspect is Glooble, and here is my explanation. Large pieces of this argument were constructed by other people, but I just looked at really, really carefully in the last hour or so, and found it convincing.

Ok, first off in his opening paragraph he once more uses the "I was right about Axxle1" to try to garner trust. This is especially important moving forward.

What's worth noting (to me), is that while he WAS right about Axxle1, he wasn't the only person who was - and he didn't exactly agree D1 on with those other people about who WAS a better choice. This is relevant because I don't understand why Robz should suddenly be seen as "the voice of Mr. Right", and I don't think using that argument should add any weight to future cases.

Still, as a Serial Killer, it behooves him to have us on his side early, so he starts with "building his credibility."

First, a look at the Day 1 votes.

Vote Count 1-16

popsofctown (1) - Insomniac
jotheonah (4) - Green Opal, Robz888, Dsell, Axxle
Axxle {8} - Galzria, jotheonah, Captain_Frisk, SwitchedFromStarcraft, popsofctown, Glooble, Grujah, theorel
theorel (1) - O

Not Voting {1} - Tables

I think the votes speak for themselves: it is pretty clear that Theorel was a vigilante kill, or possibly a Serial Killer kill, and Insomniac was the mafia kill. We know Axxle1 was innocent; therefore, the people that voted him are automatically a little more suspicious than the others. Among these voters, I certainly thought Theorel was one of the most suspicious. He dropped the hammer. It was pretty bandwagon-ish. And earlier, uh, I had said that his posts were pretty "mafia middleground-ish," and he had that argument with Dsell that made him look very bad. My point is: He is such an obvious choice for a Vigilante to kill. People with the power to kill in the night usually exercise that power whether it's wise or not. You'e a Vigilante, you're going to kill someone, you kill Theorel. Really, it makes a lot of sense. (It makes a little less sense if this was the SK kill, but... my guess is we have a Vigilante. And doesn't the SK want to kill the mafia too?)

Whew, there is a lot in here. Let's start at the top with his bold assertion that Insomniac was the Mafia kill, and Theorel the Vigilante kill.

He doesn't just offer it as opinion, he states it as near fact:

"it is pretty clear that Theorel was a vigilante kill, or possibly a Serial Killer kill, and Insomniac was the mafia kill."

Building off his "credibility" in the first two paragraphs, he doesn't want us to question his assertions here, so doesn't give us the option to.

He follows up his claim with something that IS true, thus reinforcing our faith in him:

"We know Axxle1 was innocent; therefore, the people that voted him are automatically a little more suspicious than the others."

Not much to argue with that, as it's pretty spot on basic stuff.

But then we move into the crux of his argument, and the bigger, bolder assertion that there likely is no SK, but instead just an unknown Vigilante somewhere.

I had a hard time swallowing that; not the idea itself, but how SURE Robz was, and how badly he wants everyone to believe it (him).

See, the thing is, convincing people that there is a Vigilante on the loose is a great cover for a Serial Killer. They both (to a degree) want the same thing: To kill at night, ideally Mafia. This is especially true is Town is being lynched during the day.

Every time there is a 2nd NK, Robz can refer back to this post. If the NK hits Mafia, he can cheer the "unknown Vigilante" for a good read. If the NK hits Town, he can lament the "unknown Vilgilante's" reckless play.

And that's just it. His post neither proves nor disproves the existence of either SK or Vigilante, but is designed to sheppard us along into following his beliefs so that he can hide behind the actions of an "unknown Vigilante".

Moving onto his next paragraph:

The mafia probably don't want to kill Theorel, because it narrows the pool of living, possibly guilty Axxle voters, and in all likelihood some of the mafia are in there. Insomniac, on the other hand, has a track record of catching mafia on Day 2--he got me in MII (which, by the way, is something Jo or Galz might be most likely to remember)--did not vote for the mislynch, and I said he was fundamentally un-suspicious, and I think I have at least some sway here. So it makes good sense to kill him, for the mafia.

Now let's look at his assertions for N1 kills.

Insomniac, as Robz points out, had a track record of reading Mafia tells D2. This is true. Robz's conclusion from that is misleading however. He would like to draw the line between "Someone good at reading Mafia" and "Good Mafia night target". He uses myself and Jotheonah to leverage his point, noting that we are likely to have cause to remember Insomniacs successful Mafia hunting. What Robz omits, is himself.

This was a very tactful decision by Robz, because the scum reads Insomniac got were against HIM, not anybody else. If any of us had a mind to kill Insomniac on the basis of Meta-Gaming then, it would make the most sense to be Robz. The line of connection wasn't that Insomniac could read Mafia, it was that Insomniac could read Robz.

So all that's left is Theorel. Why would the Mafia chose to kill him? Was it because he was on to them? Was it to cast suspicion on the people he suspected? WIFOM.

I don't know why. That's not to say there aren't good reasons: there are. I just don't know which applies best. Multiple people now have suggested multiple reasons, and rehashing then won't get me anywhere.

What I believe, however, is that Robz is the Serial Killer. I believe his case for Glooble is a strong one, and argued from a position of wanting to kill Mafia. I don't know that he's RIGHT, but I'm inclined to believe his case is genuine.

I said in my first response that something about his post felt like an M-II argument, and I feel decent about my read. 100%? No, of course not. But comfortable enough to Vote: Robz.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: June 13, 2012, 08:02:43 am »

Suddenly you sound like Galzria! About time. Vote: Robz
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: June 13, 2012, 08:44:40 am »

Make up your mind!

Galz Theory:
1. RobZ is serial killer.
2. He choose to kill insomniac because Insomniac might detect him
3. Mafia killed theorel for some unknown reason.

RobZ Theory:
1. Mafia killed Insomniac
2. Vigilante killed theorel
3. Glooble is an unsubtle mafia.

I don't like either of these.  I don't like RobZ's for the exact reasons that Galzria puts out.  Being confident of a Vig seems premature, but I do see Insomniac as the likely mafia kill when looking at that pair.  I don't see why that means we have a vig vs. a serial killer.

Regarding Galz - I have a problem with the assumption that theorel is the mafia kill.  Even if Insomniac was a master RobZ detective, it seems more likely to me that RobZ would be nervous about him if he was Mafia vs. Serial Killer, since the Serial killer doesn't need to worry about perceptions of voting patterns with his mafia buddies.

Finally:

And doesn't the SK want to kill the mafia too?

....snip....

100%? No, of course not. But comfortable enough to Vote: Robz.

Lets assume - that we knew 100% that RobZ was the serial killer.  Would we want to lynch him as town?  Or let mafia do our dirty work for us @ night?  Mafia should fear the SK nearly as much as they fear Vig, as people who can kill them without discussion.

Now I'm stuck with both RobZ and Galz - players who I respect - making long, reasonable, arguments that both appear (in my mind) to be flawed.

I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: June 13, 2012, 09:29:37 am »

Vote Count 2-5

jotheonah (1): Dsell
Captain_Frisk (1): O
popsofctown (1): Tables
Glooble (1): Robz888
Robz888 (2): Galzria, jotheonah

Not voting {6}: Glooble, Grujah, SwitchedFromStarcraft, Axxle, Captain_Frisk, popsofctown

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: June 13, 2012, 09:46:18 am »

Make up your mind!

Galz Theory:
1. RobZ is serial killer.
2. He choose to kill insomniac because Insomniac might detect him
3. Mafia killed theorel for some unknown reason.

RobZ Theory:
1. Mafia killed Insomniac
2. Vigilante killed theorel
3. Glooble is an unsubtle mafia.

I don't like either of these.  I don't like RobZ's for the exact reasons that Galzria puts out.  Being confident of a Vig seems premature, but I do see Insomniac as the likely mafia kill when looking at that pair.  I don't see why that means we have a vig vs. a serial killer.

Regarding Galz - I have a problem with the assumption that theorel is the mafia kill.  Even if Insomniac was a master RobZ detective, it seems more likely to me that RobZ would be nervous about him if he was Mafia vs. Serial Killer, since the Serial killer doesn't need to worry about perceptions of voting patterns with his mafia buddies.

Finally:

And doesn't the SK want to kill the mafia too?

....snip....

100%? No, of course not. But comfortable enough to Vote: Robz.

Lets assume - that we knew 100% that RobZ was the serial killer.  Would we want to lynch him as town?  Or let mafia do our dirty work for us @ night?  Mafia should fear the SK nearly as much as they fear Vig, as people who can kill them without discussion.

Now I'm stuck with both RobZ and Galz - players who I respect - making long, reasonable, arguments that both appear (in my mind) to be flawed.

I think you're missing one possibility, one that I'm starting to think is the thing: Galzria is mafia AND Robz is the serial killer.  This is just another shot at increasing his town cred. If Robz flips Witch, I'm totally going after Galz tomorrow.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: June 13, 2012, 10:35:12 am »

I think you're missing one possibility, one that I'm starting to think is the thing: Galzria is mafia AND Robz is the serial killer.  This is just another shot at increasing his town cred. If Robz flips Witch, I'm totally going after Galz tomorrow.

There's also the possibility that RobZ is Vig (would explain his confidence) and Galz is Mafia (would explain why he thinks that insomniac was not mafia kill).

I still don't like Insomniac as a vig kill - so considered this too unlikely to post.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: June 13, 2012, 11:37:12 am »

There's also the possibility that RobZ is Vig (would explain his confidence) and Galz is Mafia (would explain why he thinks that insomniac was not mafia kill).

I still don't like Insomniac as a vig kill - so considered this too unlikely to post.

If I were Mafia and thought Robz was SK OR Vig, I wouldn't say anything now, and instead aim to NK him. That way his shot would go off too. He's much more likely to hit Town than Mafia, and it would be well worth the risk.

Consider (in both the following, the Mafia NK is used to kill the SK):

If we mislynch, and he hit town: 6 pro-town left, 3 Mafia left.
If we mislynch, and he hit scum: 7 pro-town left, 2 Mafia

By NK'ing him instead of Day Lynching, as Mafia, the worst we would come out is a 7/2 split - or a standard Mafia game. So it would make little sense for me to make this argument public, drawing attention to myself, as Mafia.

As Town, I would probably RATHER lynch Mafia. Lynch Mafia, not scum afterall. But lynch scum, not town is equally valid, and I don't have any great Mafia reads at this point.

Mafia Record:

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: June 13, 2012, 11:40:40 am »

As Town, I would probably RATHER lynch Mafia. Lynch Mafia, not scum afterall. But lynch scum, not town is equally valid, and I don't have any great Mafia reads at this point.

What's wrong with J?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: June 13, 2012, 11:45:29 am »

If I were Mafia and thought Robz was SK OR Vig, I wouldn't say anything now, and instead aim to NK him. That way his shot would go off too. He's much more likely to hit Town than Mafia, and it would be well worth the risk.

Consider (in both the following, the Mafia NK is used to kill the SK):

If we mislynch, and he hit town: 6 pro-town left, 3 Mafia left.
If we mislynch, and he hit scum: 7 pro-town left, 2 Mafia

By NK'ing him instead of Day Lynching, as Mafia, the worst we would come out is a 7/2 split - or a standard Mafia game. So it would make little sense for me to make this argument public, drawing attention to myself, as Mafia.

But it doesn't draw attention to you as Mafia. It makes you look like an even better townie. In your calculations you ignore the town cred you build by catching the killer.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: June 13, 2012, 11:46:04 am »

What's wrong with J?

Didn't you hear? He thinks I'm not mafia, I'm just scum. Whatever the heck that means.

He/him

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1395 on: June 13, 2012, 11:47:31 am »

What's wrong with J?

I'm not convinced. I don't like his erratic play, and I don't like his D1 threat against me ("be careful you don't get yourself lynched again coming after me")... But I can't really say I'm convinced he's Mafia. I said that, I believe, when I voted for him D2. His actions read scum, but not Mafia.

In Robz, at least I feel to have a finger on the scum read, compared to J, who just feels scummy for playing so anti-town.

Mafia Record:

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: June 13, 2012, 11:59:01 am »

Vote: Galzria

SK-hunting is one of the strongest little black book tells.  In absence of much else, this is my number one suspicion.  In particular the preoccupation with NKs suggests Galzria is able to kill at night.

Jo stop voting Robz you're being an idjit.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: June 13, 2012, 11:59:47 am »

What's wrong with J?

Didn't you hear? He thinks I'm not mafia, I'm just scum. Whatever the heck that means.

What that means, is that even if you are town, you've played such a poor game this round that you've lost all credibility. So your vote is nothing but a vote, and one that can't even be assured is helpful to have. So if you jump on a wagon that is aimed at Mafia, you're as likely to cause people to abandon ship as you are to actually help lynch them.

If you're Mafia, well that all suits you just fine.

But I can't say that I know you are. So all I see is pure anti-town play. As town, your individual survival is irrelevant, but that's all you've played to achieve.

Scum, but not necessarily Mafia.

Mafia Record:

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: June 13, 2012, 12:00:36 pm »

also am i the only player under 30 on iso :(

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: June 13, 2012, 12:03:25 pm »

Vote: Galzria

SK-hunting is one of the strongest little black book tells.  In absence of much else, this is my number one suspicion.  In particular the preoccupation with NKs suggests Galzria is able to kill at night.

Jo stop voting Robz you're being an idjit.

You sure talk a whole lot about having all the master tells down.

SK hunting is not inherently bad. If something jumps out, it's worth pointing out. Since I don't have much to go on against a possible Mafia (though that might change), I point out what I do see.

By the way, isn't refereeing a IIOA Mafia tell in your little black book? You do a damn awful lot of that.

Mafia Record:

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 139  All

Page created in 2.643 seconds with 20 queries.