Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 139  All

Author Topic: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (GAME OVER - MAFIA WINS!)  (Read 335025 times)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (DAY 2 START!)
« Reply #1325 on: June 12, 2012, 12:07:38 pm »

Well, I'm going to hold off on saying anything more about SFS until 1. he defends himself and 2. some other town have had a chance to weigh in (especially pops, who is oh-so-sure SFS is town.) Jo is starting to look worse to me. For that matter, so is Galz. No vote yet. I'm going to work. WIll be back on tonight around 9 most likely.

Ah, you're probably right. I'm letting J draw me into a pointless argument, and I know better. My vote stands for now, because of the reasons laid out, but responding to his posts at this point is rather, well, pointless.

I feel the same way about you. But I'm feeling better and better about this 1v1.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: June 12, 2012, 12:31:00 pm »

Well, I'm going to hold off on saying anything more about SFS until 1. he defends himself and 2. some other town have had a chance to weigh in (especially pops, who is oh-so-sure SFS is town.) Jo is starting to look worse to me. For that matter, so is Galz. No vote yet. I'm going to work. WIll be back on tonight around 9 most likely.

Ah, you're probably right. I'm letting J draw me into a pointless argument, and I know better. My vote stands for now, because of the reasons laid out, but responding to his posts at this point is rather, well, pointless.

I feel the same way about you. But I'm feeling better and better about this 1v1.

There is no 1v1. I posted a case and vote against you. You responded with an "oh YEAH! Well I'll vote for YOU!"

I'd feel better if your argument wasn't 1st grade material.

Glooble at least made an attempt at a case against me. One that, were I Mafia, would hold water.

Still, people on my radar include: O/Pops (I believe 1 is Mafia), Robz/Jotheonah (same as first set), and then the rest... Undecided.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: June 12, 2012, 01:38:40 pm »

@joth:  I'd lynch Green Opal/Axxle2, probably.

O : Why didn't you do more to defend Axxle if you knew he was town?  You seem to want all of the credit but none of the blame.  You had a town read on him, but sat on your hands and camped a vote on a player that wasn't much of a cantidate for the days lynch, and you neither supported a popular wagon nor even chimed in substantively.  This seems very suspicious to me, though players who know you might chime in and say to give you a pass.

I'll reiterate, doc should be on SFS rather than Tables tonight.  I actually recommend acting that way with an 80% chance or so, there's virtue in being unpredictable.  Jailkeep,60/40

*Golf claps*.... Popsofctown, master of the Freudian trap? Your question confuses me. I didn't defend Axxle that strongly because I didn't know he was town, only suspected? It wasn't like TINAS in M1, where I got a major read due to Tina's playstyle. It was just very clearly a straw-case against him because Axxle really hadn't played very differently than anyone else yet we claimed he was acting crazily. And like I've said, this SFS/Captain Frisk thing, + your ridiculousness had me well occupied with bandwagons/bandwagons I wanted to start that were worth pursuing.

You're trying to give me a FoS for not voting for a VT, just saying.
I'm FoSing you for failing to defend a VT.
You're still not accounting for how useless you're being.  Since for some reason I'm always juxtaposed against you, here's this : I took a strong stance on the inevitable choice between Axxle and Jothenoah day 1, favoring Axxle.  You didn't.  You parked your vote and did nothing.
How could you have no preference?  Did you know they were both town?  Because that's what's connecting the dots for me right now.

SFS is such a cute poster.  Why did the public at large need to know how many shots you had, SFS?  Did you think about it? Sigh.
Sigh back.  I did think about it.  If I were to just say "I investigated", then I'm either cop, or the one-shot cop. If I don't specify, there is a bigger target on my head as cop than a guy who's already used up his  special power.  IF there is a doctor, and he thinks I'm the cop, then he has to protect me every night (at least that's what I'd do, if I was the doc).  This way he knows he doesn't have to waste that protection.
It's not a waste if you cause the doc protect to collide with the mafia kill, something that only has a 1/8 chance or somesuch of happening in a vacuum.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: June 12, 2012, 01:45:16 pm »

Referee is a brand of IIoA which is already a little black book tell.  So.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: June 12, 2012, 01:55:48 pm »

I already explained why SFS is obvtown. The claim today makes him more stupidly obvtown.  If he is scum, I'll vote randomly the entirely randomly next game because that's how off rhythm I must be if that's the case.

Captain_Frisk seems to me the most suspicious member of the Axxle1 wagon for now.  I found Dsell's case compelling and he's been rather IIoA today, making posts saying, "oh, the mafia don't need to take risks today" and other narration I don't remember.  And his vote on Glooble is quite strange, in a bad way.  He makes no effort to bring others to also lynch Glooble, and I can't follow his reasoning for doing so.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: June 12, 2012, 01:56:11 pm »

Vote Captain Frisk

He's also one of my weaker townreads.  PoE.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: June 12, 2012, 02:00:49 pm »

I agree that SFS is obvtown.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: June 12, 2012, 02:03:27 pm »

I already explained why SFS is obvtown. The claim today makes him more stupidly obvtown.  If he is scum, I'll vote randomly the entirely randomly next game because that's how off rhythm I must be if that's the case.

Captain_Frisk seems to me the most suspicious member of the Axxle1 wagon for now.  I found Dsell's case compelling and he's been rather IIoA today, making posts saying, "oh, the mafia don't need to take risks today" and other narration I don't remember.  And his vote on Glooble is quite strange, in a bad way.  He makes no effort to bring others to also lynch Glooble, and I can't follow his reasoning for doing so.

If we all agree that SFS is town, then why is my argument against Glooble trying to ring the SFS is mafia gong not acceptable?
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: June 12, 2012, 02:11:34 pm »

If we all agree that SFS is town, then why is my argument against Glooble trying to ring the SFS is mafia gong not acceptable?

It was acceptable to me. I agreed with Pops on SFS, not on you.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: June 12, 2012, 02:21:18 pm »

Vote Captain Frisk

Oh - and at the risk of more IIoA, for those who are having a tough time following pops:

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Commonly_Used_Abbreviations

PoE = Process of Elimination
IIoA = Information Instead of Analysis.

I figured if I had to look it up, then others probably did too.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1335 on: June 12, 2012, 02:41:02 pm »

On another note, I'm pretty suspicious of SFS right now. This cop claim seems like a really good way to draw attention away from one or even two mafiosos, while offering the town almost no helpful information. It's also totally full of holes:
1. If SFS really is an investigative role, why investigate Tables of all people? Better suspects included: jo, who everyone wants to lynch; pops, the subject of the first bandwagon, who's alignment would have been so much more instructive to know (and who has consistantly defended SFS for almost no reason I should add), Galz, who led the bandwagon on a VT, theorel, who hammered it, Grujah, Me for that matter. I could go on, I just think Tables was a really random choice.
2. Why share this information immediately? This makes no sense to me. There was no discussion going about Tables, virtually no chance of him being lynched, and he wasn't even involved in the Axxle lynch. Why did the town need to know immediately that he was town? I don't understand SFS's reasoning here at all and it's bugging me.

But if SFS is mafia, he just made a lot of people trust both him and, potentially, Tables. A bold play, yes, given the high risk of a counterclaim (which we haven't had yet) but definitely worth it if people buy it. SFS, I could use a stronger defense on why you chose to use your night action in such a manner. Right now its looking very scummy to me.

@Glooble & C_F & pops

I ended up thinking at the end of day 1 that SFS probably was indeed just new to mafia and was playing how a new town might play. With his roleclaim today it really confirmed it in my mind. I don't see how that makes any sense for a mafia to do that, especially with his mafia partner/s' approval. I guess he could be a witch but it seems impossible to make any real case about that right now.

Glooble, you obviously see things differently. I think you are assuming that SFS is thinking about the game as much/the same way as you. I don't know how much you've played this game before but we're not all putting the same level of thought and strategy into it. So I just really, really disagree with your point. I mean, it's possible, but this is on the same level as SFS' day 1 conspiracy theories for me. I just dooon't see it being a thing. I think it's ridiculous that this all looks scummy to you when the MOST obvious scenario is that he just wanted to be helpful and use his PR before he died. If he was playing the game the same way as you or some others, I would be suspicious too, but SFS clearly has a different perspective on the game.

OTOH, I'm surprised to see C_F really jump on that analysis as suspicious. We are all trying to offer a new perspective: I did last night, and even SFS got points in my book when he put forth the (admittedly ridiculous) idea of an Axxle-C_F mafia pairing. That's the kind of analysis I think we should be rewarding, not seeing as suspicious. I think we can all tell what might be true and what's farfetched, or we should be able to as a town. I completely disagree with Glooble's point but I did not see it as a deflection of attention.

So today I'm still thinking jo is really suspicious, and C_F to some extent too. But jo, oh jo. How is counterclaiming on Galz an effort at good town play? Have you resigned yourself to erratic play? You are creating this terrible lesser-of-two-evils scenario for the town where you are either a really bad townie who's admitting your flaws with your words but doing nothing to change your anti-town actions OR you are a mafia who's been caught in his game and is scrambling/trying to keep up the ruse.

This...
So, in light of that, and in the interest of experimentation, I started playing this game with a light touch. That doesn't come at all naturally to me, so it's been a weird fit. Probably would not try it again.
...and other quotes make me really really wary. I just don't think you're a bad player! We all have to work with limited time frames, it doesn't mean we have nothing good to say. Look at Tables, you've posted ten times as much as him, and he still managed to have some good analysis day 1. You asked me a couple days ago (maybe yesterday?) what you could do to convince me and others that you're town. NOT THIS.

Vote: jotheonah

I am open to voting for others, though, and may move my vote around some.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: June 12, 2012, 02:47:57 pm »

What about a SFS/C.F./TABLES pairing? SFS's conspiracy day one would be to incriminate C.F. as Mafia IF Axxle1 came up Mafia, which he knew couldn't happen.

He then opens D2 using Axxle1's town flip to exonerate C.F., while simultaneously continuing to play "new townie" by claiming to have investigated his other partner, Tables.  Thus removing all 3 from the frontlines.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: June 12, 2012, 02:50:17 pm »

pairings without flips are dumb.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: June 12, 2012, 02:51:06 pm »

If I'm such a good player, why would I play this badly as scum? No, Dsell, the read you are struggling with is that I am now a townie who just doesn't care.

And I didn't vote for Galzria because he voted for me. I voted for Galzria because he and Robz said we should be suspecting him more.  That bothered me. It bothered me because a townie who's rocking a good town read from everyone doesn't need to look a gift horse in the mouth, and neither does a mafia who's rocking a good town read.  The only way it makes any sense to me is if Galz is mafia saying "You guys should really be suspecting me" because that sounds like SUCH a town thing to say.

Galzria suspects people who are overhelpful to town (usually). Like Axxle1 yesterday, for instance. But now he's suspecting someone (me) who's obvious and useless to town. That's weird Galzria behavior. I heard Galz saying we should suspect him (and Robz saying that but not actually doing it, which, no matter how much you disclaim, is sketchy) and I got really curious how Galzria would react if we actually did suspect him.  You know, for his vote on not-so-scummy Axxle1, for instance.

Also, I really trust Galzria's reads from past experience with him. And I have to assume his gross misread of me here is intentional.  So I really believe Galz could be scum, playing a very similar game to MII. I don't expect people to follow me (though it would be nice) but if they lynch me instead, maybe they'll listen to me tomorrow.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: June 12, 2012, 02:53:41 pm »

What about a SFS/C.F./TABLES pairing? SFS's conspiracy day one would be to incriminate C.F. as Mafia IF Axxle1 came up Mafia, which he knew couldn't happen.

He then opens D2 using Axxle1's town flip to exonerate C.F., while simultaneously continuing to play "new townie" by claiming to have investigated his other partner, Tables.  Thus removing all 3 from the frontlines.

I took this to be sarcasm, but perhaps I misread.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: June 12, 2012, 02:58:48 pm »

Same here...are you being serious, Galz?

Also, jo, that was not a bad defense and made a pretty decent case against Galz all at once. Why can't you post more like that this game? I am going to leave my vote because one good post does not negate a mountain of scumminess (after all I know you're capable of making posts like that!), but posts like that are so, so much more helpful.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: June 12, 2012, 03:03:20 pm »

I took it for grasping at straws.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: June 12, 2012, 03:05:13 pm »

As in - Galzria was under so much pressure from J's relentless - super convincing - assault that he started concocting mafia triplets to throw us on the case?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: June 12, 2012, 03:06:14 pm »

I was completely serious.

No.

Really.

Mafia Record:

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: June 12, 2012, 03:06:31 pm »

As in - Galzria was under so much pressure from J's relentless - super convincing - assault that he started concocting mafia triplets to throw us on the case?

I lol'd. I really, really did. ;D

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: June 12, 2012, 03:08:55 pm »

Please reread my post history, along with people I've suspected before asking questions that need no answers.

Mafia Record:

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: June 12, 2012, 03:45:36 pm »

Please reread my post history, along with people I've suspected before asking questions that need no answers.
Every question needs an answer.  Not everyone can reread everything all the time.  So it was sarcasm?
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: June 12, 2012, 03:52:13 pm »

Vote Captain Frisk

I support this bandwagon (and yes I have already FOS'd CF multiple times before).

Vote: Captain Frisk

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: June 12, 2012, 03:56:01 pm »

Vote Count 2-3

jotheonah (2): Galzria, Dsell
Glooble (1): Captain_Frisk
Galzria (1): jotheonah
Captain_Frisk (2): popsofctown, O

Not voting {6}: Robz888, Glooble, Tables, Grujah, SwitchedFromStarcraft, Axxle

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch

Lynch deadline: Monday, June 25, 9:59 a.m. EDT

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: June 12, 2012, 03:56:45 pm »

Frenemigo unity explodes universe.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 139  All

Page created in 1.753 seconds with 20 queries.