Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 139  All

Author Topic: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (GAME OVER - MAFIA WINS!)  (Read 334930 times)

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (DAY 2 START!)
« Reply #1225 on: June 11, 2012, 02:10:18 pm »

For me, it would put more trust on those who vouched for you, namely Glooble and Theo.

One of whom is confirmed town.

An anyone but me voter - quoting a mislynch waiting to happen - as evidence of his townedness.  Color me unconvinced.

Should we just lynch Axxle2, so that maybe we can get an Axxle 3 instead?
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: June 11, 2012, 02:13:38 pm »

For me, it would put more trust on those who vouched for you, namely Glooble and Theo.

An anyone but me voter - quoting a mislynch waiting to happen - as evidence of his townedness.  Color me unconvinced.

Should we just lynch Axxle2, so that maybe we can get an Axxle 3 instead?

f.DS Policy Lynch Rule #1:
Name: Axxle
Lynch
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: June 11, 2012, 02:52:32 pm »

@joth:  I'd lynch Green Opal/Axxle2, probably.

O : Why didn't you do more to defend Axxle if you knew he was town?  You seem to want all of the credit but none of the blame.  You had a town read on him, but sat on your hands and camped a vote on a player that wasn't much of a cantidate for the days lynch, and you neither supported a popular wagon nor even chimed in substantively.  This seems very suspicious to me, though players who know you might chime in and say to give you a pass.

I'll reiterate, doc should be on SFS rather than Tables tonight.  I actually recommend acting that way with an 80% chance or so, there's virtue in being unpredictable.  Jailkeep,60/40

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: June 11, 2012, 02:53:38 pm »

ballpark.  random.org is your friend.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: June 11, 2012, 02:56:00 pm »

SFS, why the devil did you waste your (alleged) one-shot cop ability on Tables of all people? Wasn't I the OBVIOUS target for a pro-town investigation? or O? One of those people that everyone keeps saying is so hard to figure out and who knowing our allegiance would be so helpful? Knowing about Tables tells us nothing.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1230 on: June 11, 2012, 03:01:33 pm »

Oh, and SFS - I feel like that info helps the mafia more than it helps us. It tells you that either 1. you're lying about the one shot and you're the cop or 2. you have no power role anymore and shouldn't be bothered with. How likely does everyone think it is that we have both a one-shot cop and a regular cop?

If SFS is not lying, 13-14%.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: June 11, 2012, 03:03:32 pm »

Not sure if we should go with that policy.  I'll find a thread about it and link it when I can.

Re SFS investigation: I think there were better people to investigate, but your reasons were solid enough and the fact you're telling us even though it doesn't really give us much information meshes with your actions on previous days.

I'm most worried about the 3 G's.  Grujah seems quiet and opportunistic.  It feels like every post I read of Gloobles I've seen before, like he's rehashing old ideas as his own.  And Galzria seems to be leading every charge.

I'm a little worried about O.  Gut says he has more knowledge then he's letting on.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: June 11, 2012, 03:05:42 pm »

Regarding my first line, I was referring to Galzria's joke, when I started writing the post.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: June 11, 2012, 03:06:58 pm »

I've only "led" one charge, as far as I can recall...
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: June 11, 2012, 03:21:23 pm »

I've only "led" one charge, as far as I can recall...
I will go back and verify my statement. One moment, please hold.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: June 11, 2012, 03:27:57 pm »

Huh. I had forgotten that Glooble defended jo way back when. He's been pretty forgettable for me, but his defense of jo in addition to his vote on Axxle makes him a bit suspicious in my mind. I will say, though, that his vote on Axxle certainly did not appear as opportunistic as Grujah's. I don't like the defense of jo, though. Even if he is town, his actions are indefensible. And I'm feeling very unconvinced that he's town.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: June 11, 2012, 03:31:30 pm »

Not freaking opportunistic!
I believe in case against him, his jumpyness was weird, his bandwagoning was weird, his .. "I unvote J, I am not sure at all" and revote very shortly after (I might be wrong on actually time that passed) when things started to go against him..

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: June 11, 2012, 03:33:30 pm »

Grujah, the thing is you can say that but I have no way of knowing whether it's true. I didn't say it WAS opportunistic I said it APPEARED opportunistic.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: June 11, 2012, 03:37:18 pm »

Here's the thing Dsell and Robz. Is there anything I could actually do at this point to convince you guys I'm town?

I went a little crazy Day 1; I can't really explain it but a lot of us have moved on from that to looking for real scumz.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: June 11, 2012, 04:04:35 pm »

Well, I don't know where to start, so in no particular order:

Regarding bad play on my part - I have no way of knowing what is good and bad, having never played before, and having never read the other Mafia games, except part of Day I for MIII.  That's one reason I made it clear early that I was NOT reading the other threads.

I have no need to debate whether it was bad play, I'll take it on faith that it was.  My thoughts were that I would likely not survive the night, and I didn't want the one extra weapon I had to go wasted.  I did consider that running the investigation might have been a waste, for two reasons. First, anyone I picked was likely to come back "town", even when the player isn't town, and two, I may not be believed when I report the result.  Both of those seemed less grievous errors than allowing the resource to go unused (if I were killed). I did consider that the tool might be more valuable later. I also debated not using the tool simply because I had another whole set of decisions on when and how to report the results (more on that in a moment).

I chose Tables because he had posted so little AND because for every post he had a "reason" for posting so little.  Jo would have been my third choice.  My second choice I've not yet written about, and hope to when I can point out things I've noticed that seem inconsistent to me. I hope that post will be helpful to the town.

I have had the luxury of playing this game with complete transparency.  I've not lied about anything.  I'm very glad I was town, as I would not have known what to do if I were mafia, so I would have done what Tables did.  Post very little, explain why that was, and lay low.  So he caught my eye.

There have been questions about exactly what the moderator said.  I can't quote him, there's a rule against that.  However, from the explanation in my role description on page one, you can see that I was expecting one of three results ("Once at night, you may investigate a player in the game by PM'ing the mod. You will get results back in the form of Town, Antitown or No Result").  I got the single syllable response.  (Hope that gets around the quoting issue.)   That's why my "here's what I have to report post" laid out the three possible scenarios under which I would have gotten the result I got.

I disagree with the post that the doctor should protect me tonite.  I think protection is better spent on someone who might be a town Power Role.

I guess I also need to have it explained why me saying that Tables is town would put a target on him tonite.  Mafia already knew he was town, or that he was mafia, so nothing has changed there.  I don't see why it would increase the chances that an SK would kill him.

One final note: I don't know if this is a game where the presence of people who don't know what they are doing really screws up the game itself, or just adds another note to the overall symphony.  If I've drastically affected the play of the rest of the game in a non-routine way, I sincerely apologize.
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: June 11, 2012, 04:10:59 pm »

And how do we know this?
Posting begets posting.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: June 11, 2012, 04:13:13 pm »

And how do we know this?
Theo is dead and town.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: June 11, 2012, 04:13:29 pm »

And how do we know this?

...cause he died.

He/him

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: June 11, 2012, 04:18:54 pm »

And how do we know this?

Theo is dead and town.
Oh yeah.  Sorry, I'm still focused on being wrong about Axxle.
Posting begets posting.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: June 11, 2012, 04:34:01 pm »

I guess I also need to have it explained why me saying that Tables is town would put a target on him tonite.  Mafia already knew he was town, or that he was mafia, so nothing has changed there.  I don't see why it would increase the chances that an SK would kill him.

I'm newer at this too, but as far as I understand it the logic is:

Truly confirmed town players are bad for mafia - because they can not be accidentally lynched by town.  The mafia would much rather have a town full of people who post like O and PopsOfCTown.

Think about what happens when you get down to 3 players - 1 mafia and 2 town.  If one of those town is confirmed as town, the confirmed town player has the power to win (@ 50% chance)- since both of the the other players will know who the mafia is. 
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1245 on: June 11, 2012, 04:39:55 pm »

O : Why didn't you do more to defend Axxle if you knew he was town?  You seem to want all of the credit but none of the blame.  You had a town read on him, but sat on your hands and camped a vote on a player that wasn't much of a cantidate for the days lynch, and you neither supported a popular wagon nor even chimed in substantively.  This seems very suspicious to me, though players who know you might chime in and say to give you a pass.

I'll reiterate, doc should be on SFS rather than Tables tonight.  I actually recommend acting that way with an 80% chance or so, there's virtue in being unpredictable.  Jailkeep,60/40

*Golf claps*.... Popsofctown, master of the Freudian trap? Your question confuses me. I didn't defend Axxle that strongly because I didn't know he was town, only suspected? It wasn't like TINAS in M1, where I got a major read due to Tina's playstyle. It was just very clearly a straw-case against him because Axxle really hadn't played very differently than anyone else yet we claimed he was acting crazily. And like I've said, this SFS/Captain Frisk thing, + your ridiculousness had me well occupied with bandwagons/bandwagons I wanted to start that were worth pursuing.

You're trying to give me a FoS for not voting for a VT, just saying.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: June 11, 2012, 06:26:09 pm »

*Golf claps*.... Popsofctown, master of the Freudian trap? Your question confuses me. I didn't defend Axxle that strongly because I didn't know he was town, only suspected? It wasn't like TINAS in M1, where I got a major read due to Tina's playstyle. It was just very clearly a straw-case against him because Axxle really hadn't played very differently than anyone else yet we claimed he was acting crazily. And like I've said, this SFS/Captain Frisk thing, + your ridiculousness had me well occupied with bandwagons/bandwagons I wanted to start that were worth pursuing.

I'm FoSing you for failing to defend a VT.
You're still not accounting for how useless you're being.  Since for some reason I'm always juxtaposed against you, here's this : I took a strong stance on the inevitable choice between Axxle and Jothenoah day 1, favoring Axxle.  You didn't.  You parked your vote and did nothing.
How could you have no preference?  Did you know they were both town?  Because that's what's connecting the dots for me right now.

SFS is such a cute poster.  Why did the public at large need to know how many shots you had, SFS?  Did you think about it? Sigh.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: June 11, 2012, 06:30:48 pm »

I'm FoSing you for failing to defend a VT.
You're still not accounting for how useless you're being.  Since for some reason I'm always juxtaposed against you, here's this : I took a strong stance on the inevitable choice between Axxle and Jothenoah day 1, favoring Axxle.  You didn't.  You parked your vote and did nothing.
How could you have no preference?  Did you know they were both town?  Because that's what's connecting the dots for me right now.

SFS is such a cute poster.  Why did the public at large need to know how many shots you had, SFS?  Did you think about it? Sigh.

I parked my vote outside the two bandwagons because they were acting normally and you, SFS and theorel were acting incredibly scummily.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: June 11, 2012, 06:33:50 pm »

And all three of those are town.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: June 11, 2012, 06:37:09 pm »

And all three of those are town.

Why don't we lynch J and if he turns out town, Galzria is mafia by that same logic because he was on three townies?

I don't know that you're town, and I don't even neccesarily think you are. I know SFS is a bad town, and maybe he read scummily to me because he was such a bad town. Theorel agreed with just about everything that Captain Frisk said and made some terrible factual mistakes/deliberate misinterpretations of people.

I feel justified in my suspicions, even though 1/3 and probably 2/3 were certainly wrong at this point.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 139  All

Page created in 2.137 seconds with 20 queries.