Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 139  All

Author Topic: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (GAME OVER - MAFIA WINS!)  (Read 334931 times)

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (DAY 2 START!)
« Reply #1175 on: June 10, 2012, 11:24:20 pm »

Ok... so we lost 2 last night, which means we have at least 1 person with night killing powers (Vig, One Shot Vig, Serial Killer).

It's been a long weekend, so I think i'm going to noodle on this and check back in the AM.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1176 on: June 10, 2012, 11:24:39 pm »

So it would appear we have a witch, or an overzealous woodcutter/ militia.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1177 on: June 10, 2012, 11:24:57 pm »

Ninja'd.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: June 10, 2012, 11:27:28 pm »

So it would appear we have a witch, or an overzealous woodcutter/ militia.

I suppose it is also technically possible that we have both... and a lucky doctor / jailkeeper, but that is unlikely. 
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: June 10, 2012, 11:34:53 pm »

My first thought is that Theorel was killed for being too town, and Insomniac was killed for being too scum.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: June 10, 2012, 11:35:42 pm »

That might mean that we have a woodcutter/militia, but it could also mean that a Witch wanted to appear as one while killing the competition.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: June 10, 2012, 11:36:32 pm »

ugh... I hate recycled replacements.

It's a lot more tolerable for a lynched VT though.  What's really [politically incorrect word] is when the mafia shoot a player to silence him, and the mod replaces him back into the game.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: June 10, 2012, 11:39:20 pm »

Witch doesn't have to have an impersonation motive to kill Insomniac.  After a mislynch, mafia is considered to be winning, so, default SK play is to shoot the scum.  Here he missed.

Pretty sure theorel was an scum kill.  He was so townish I don't think that indicates he was particularly on target, but his content is now a confirmed town perspective

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: June 10, 2012, 11:53:59 pm »

Well, my reads on Axxle and Insomniac were both way off. I'm gonna have to do some digging to figure out who the heck IS scum. And I may not be able to get to it until tomorrow night. RL stuff.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: June 10, 2012, 11:57:39 pm »

This is going to be so confusing with Axxle... I'm actually really glad Green Opal didn't say much because otherwise I think my head would explode keeping them straight.

Pops, your first paragraph you say you don't think a witch has motive to kill Insomniac and in your second you think theorel was a scum kill, so are you thinking we have a woodcutter/militia who killed Insomniac? So maybe no witch involved? Should this person step up to claim it or is that a bad idea?

Axxle, what do you mean about too town and too scum? I got a town read from both of them for the most part, but I thought Theorel was a little scummier, misrepresenting people and throwing the hammer on...er...you.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: June 10, 2012, 11:59:47 pm »

Well, my reads on Axxle and Insomniac were both way off. I'm gonna have to do some digging to figure out who the heck IS scum. And I may not be able to get to it until tomorrow night. RL stuff.
I assume you mean Axxle1?

It would be less confusing if we referred to me as Axxle2 and that horrid town player that got himself lynched as Axxle1.

Side note: Does this mean I'm currently beating Robz at his own game?

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: June 11, 2012, 12:02:38 am »

This is going to be so confusing with Axxle... I'm actually really glad Green Opal didn't say much because otherwise I think my head would explode keeping them straight.

Pops, your first paragraph you say you don't think a witch has motive to kill Insomniac and in your second you think theorel was a scum kill, so are you thinking we have a woodcutter/militia who killed Insomniac? So maybe no witch involved? Should this person step up to claim it or is that a bad idea?

Axxle, what do you mean about too town and too scum? I got a town read from both of them for the most part, but I thought Theorel was a little scummier, misrepresenting people and throwing the hammer on...er...you.
I think more people suspected Insomniac more than Theorel.  I'll go back and check.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: June 11, 2012, 12:02:55 am »

Yes, I meant Axxle1, of course. I couldn't stand that guy, but you seem nice A2. Welcome to the town.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (DAY 1 UNDERWAY)
« Reply #1188 on: June 11, 2012, 12:18:11 am »

Not as clear cut as I thought, only Axxle1, pops, jotheonah had much suspicion on Insomniac just looking at the last meatday or so of the previous mafiaday.  With you and O also indicating some suspicion on Theorel.  There wasn't a lot of strong suspicion on either very late, I'll probably need to dig deeper when I have the time.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: June 11, 2012, 12:23:21 am »

I believe I had a vote left on theorel, which I stand by. Mafia want me to look scummy? I don't think the serial killer would care if I did or not.

Or mebbe Im vig. (no)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: June 11, 2012, 12:50:03 am »

Interesting developments... For many reasons.

Re: Insomniac:

I never got much of a read. I didn't like that until the very end his posts were mostly 5 lines or less. He lurked, but said enough to be present. The Mafia could've killed him because he didn't draw much attention to himself, so would be hard to target D2. A Witch or Militiaman/Woodcutter may have targeted him because he DID lurk so effectively, so might have been Mafia. For me personally, he was a "middle-of-the-pack" guy.

Re: Theorel:

Kind of sad to see him go. There was definitely suspicion his way from a number of people based on his twisting of the facts. I actually thought he made some great observations, even if they did occasionally need to be fact-checked. I don't know how much we can draw from his suspicions while alive, without getting into WIFOM debates. Still worth looking, but would the Mafia kill him because he WAS onto them, or to cast suspicion on the people he suspected?

As far as being killed by a third party? Not sure. I could understand why a Witch might, but was he really the best choice of target for a Vig equivalent? Not sure.

Re: A1: I wish he'd been more forward early on. But I don't have the power to bring him back, so I've got to move forward. Mistake made, lesson learned.

@Pops: You were very critical of Insomniac, very early on, without a whole lot of explication. Can you elaborate now why you would have been happy with him being lynched D1?

@O: What're your thoughts and feelings? You didn't like the lynch of Axxle1, and were on Pops most of the game. Have your reads changed?

@Robz: I promised not to forget the crazy, and here we are. What are your overall feelings, and thoughts about J now?

Where I stand: I don't like J's play round 1. I was willing to write it off, but some weren't. He might've pulled one over on us (read: me). Worth reconsidering. I also have not liked much of Grujah's votes and reasons. He seemed happy to lynch, without caring who. Somebody mentioned he is a mislynch waiting to happen... I'm on the fence about that. Lastly, Pops - I have a hard enough time with O, and his Pop's play has been even worse. I'm not sure that's a good reason to lynch him, but perhaps moreso than anybody else, he has seemed determined to be as unhelpful as possible, only responding when really called out on it.

As for Axxle2.... Well, you pulled off Axxle1's look spot on. I don't really know WHAT to do with you, as G.O. Didn't leave much to go on. So.... Yeah. Welcome to the Estate.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: June 11, 2012, 01:18:49 am »

Very quick pre-exam post:

I'm pretty sure Theo is Witch kill,trying to weed out competition; no real need for mafia to kill him, many people though of him scummy. Though it is possible to be overeager Vig, as if I were Vig, Theo really was on top of my list for NK. Only reason I see for theo dieing if he was "on to them" but... Will need to review post of both of them now.

Also Theo being Village Idiot probably means no Masons, (considering this is most likely C9++).

So, why aren't Galz/C_F dead yet? I expected them dieing? Maybe Mobs want them starting similar, wrong lynches?  ::) ;D

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: June 11, 2012, 01:22:28 am »

@O: What're your thoughts and feelings? You didn't like the lynch of Axxle1, and were on Pops most of the game. Have your reads changed?

Still Freyendenenememies with pops.

I didn't like the lynch of Axxle1, and I was right. Axxle2 is terrible though and should be policy lynched (no, not really).

I've unfortunately not very progressed with actual suspicions right now. Still mostly pops, captain frisk and SFS annoy me.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: June 11, 2012, 01:36:29 am »

Also, for my own notes: Dsell, Glooble, and Tables have been really unmemeroble to me so far this game. I need to go back and reread their posts. Does anybody have any lasting thoughts about those three from D1?
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: June 11, 2012, 02:04:43 am »

Apparently nobody does.

Dsell and Theorel were at eachother a bunch, WIFOM, blah blah.
Glooble has an awesome name. It's hard to suspect someone named Glooble. On the other hand he sure has mostly lurked.
Tables has been far less active than I would have expected him to be.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: June 11, 2012, 03:06:41 am »

Apparently nobody does.

Glooble has an awesome name. It's hard to suspect someone named Glooble. On the other hand he sure has mostly lurked.

Me and Theorel weren't at each other, he was after me. I maintained that I thought he was town but he misrepresented me a couple times which was concerning. YOU however wanted to start a bandwagon on him.

Because everyone seems to think I'm forgettable (not sure what I'm supposed to do about this...), let me go over basically where I was at yesterday.

Suspicious of:
Jotheonah, strongly. Still suspicious. He was on the Axxle wagon.
Grujah, somewhat. For pretty much the reasons listed everywhere. Really odd behavior and hasn't really accounted for it. Not sure there is enough to build a case on it. Yet.
Pops, at least early. He managed to do some marginally helpful things later in the day but his style of play (shutting other ideas down) bothered me and he has not been very helpful for probably the most experienced player among us.
SFS, also early. He was posting a whole lot of nothing for a while. He finally got around to saying some things, including a conspiracy theory surrounding Axxle1. So a bit of an oddball but I admit that he's probably town.

Not suspicious of:
Axxle1. I felt like his lynch was a bad idea, I really didn't see the merits of the case against him. Not the best townie though, hoping Axxle2 can be more clear about things.

Voted against me:
Captain_Frisk, but he later dropped it. He said I was too middle-of-the-road I guess because I didn't have any really strong convictions at that point.
Theorel, so that sucks cause now I look bad. I explained this above. This guy was frustrating though. He made a case against me but then threw the hammer on Axxle.

I really don't know how to analyze the night kills. I still say that from my perspective, Theorel was scummier than Insomniac. But it's hard to say who offed who when we don't even know if the extra kill was done by a witch or a town vig-type role.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: June 11, 2012, 03:11:33 am »

Apparently nobody does.

Me and Theorel weren't at each other, he was after me. I maintained that I thought he was town but he misrepresented me a couple times which was concerning. YOU however wanted to start a bandwagon on him.

Because everyone seems to think I'm forgettable (not sure what I'm supposed to do about this...), let me go over basically where I was at yesterday.

Suspicious of:
Jotheonah, strongly. Still suspicious. He was on the Axxle wagon.
Grujah, somewhat. For pretty much the reasons listed everywhere. Really odd behavior and hasn't really accounted for it. Not sure there is enough to build a case on it. Yet.
Pops, at least early. He managed to do some marginally helpful things later in the day but his style of play (shutting other ideas down) bothered me and he has not been very helpful for probably the most experienced player among us.
SFS, also early. He was posting a whole lot of nothing for a while. He finally got around to saying some things, including a conspiracy theory surrounding Axxle1. So a bit of an oddball but I admit that he's probably town.

Not suspicious of:
Axxle1. I felt like his lynch was a bad idea, I really didn't see the merits of the case against him. Not the best townie though, hoping Axxle2 can be more clear about things.

Voted against me:
Captain_Frisk, but he later dropped it. He said I was too middle-of-the-road I guess because I didn't have any really strong convictions at that point.
Theorel, so that sucks cause now I look bad. I explained this above. This guy was frustrating though. He made a case against me but then threw the hammer on Axxle.

I really don't know how to analyze the night kills. I still say that from my perspective, Theorel was scummier than Insomniac. But it's hard to say who offed who when we don't even know if the extra kill was done by a witch or a town vig-type role.

I did want to start a bandwagon on him. And think how informational that bandwagon would have been, him getting up to a bunch of votes and then claiming innocent child! I totally forsaw that.

And you didn't mention me or glooble or tables in your suspicions list, or Axxle2/green opal

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: June 11, 2012, 03:17:45 am »

And you didn't mention me or glooble or tables in your suspicions list, or Axxle2/green opal

It was never meant to be comprehensive, and most of you fall into the not-really-sure zone along with probably Galz. Oh and I guess Insomniac was on that list when he was alive too. I don't have strong suspicions of any of you but I'm not sure that I would have strong suspicions of mafia just from day 1 so I rule nothing out. Robz, the last person I think, has sort of an interesting position because we've agreed on a lot of stuff so far. So I'm cautiously optimistic that he's town, that's definitely the read I've gotten.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: June 11, 2012, 03:52:30 am »

@Pops

Ah, after rereading I realized what you meant. You think Insomniac was a witch kill and Theorel was mafia. Huh. I guess this analysis is as good as any. Although Grujah thinks it's the exact opposite.

On that note, how important does everyone think it is to determine which kill was mafia and which kill was by the witch/woodcutter/militia? And conversely, how bad is it if we're wrong?

Also, I'd like to remind everyone that I'm going on vacation this Friday, June 15th and will be gone for about a week.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: June 11, 2012, 04:45:24 am »

On that note, how important does everyone think it is to determine which kill was mafia and which kill was by the witch/woodcutter/militia? And conversely, how bad is it if we're wrong?
I think if we can figure out if we have a witch or a woodcutter/militia it would be great, but I don't think we have enough info on that.  Pops brought up a good point that witch would want to kill mafia, at least to start so that doesn't seem possible.  I don't think it matters if we determine who's a mafia or wwm kill.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 139  All

Page created in 2.103 seconds with 20 queries.