Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 139  All

Author Topic: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (GAME OVER - MAFIA WINS!)  (Read 334653 times)

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (DAY 1 START!)
« Reply #275 on: June 04, 2012, 05:40:10 pm »

I note that O did not respond to my vote, but did, in the next few posts vote for two different folks in quick succession.

Disregard for a newbie's opinion? Perhaps.
Deflection of attention? HMMM, interesting thought.

More that one vote doesn't concern me, and that I'm not voting randomly (by the rickroll) anymore so your point was completely moot.

Deflection of attention? I bask in attention in Mafia games, thank you very much. 

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 04, 2012, 05:40:14 pm »

I am comfortable with a quicktopic existing

As am I.  I am not comfortable with a f.ds discussion topic - unless it just contains a link to the quicktopic - is spoilered - and locked.  EVERY TIME i the M3 Discussion board jump up - it irks me that I can't read it.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 04, 2012, 05:41:54 pm »

VOLTGLOSS - Can you tell us newbies what the purpose and potential use of the discussion thread is, and why would someone potentially object?
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 04, 2012, 05:42:05 pm »

Also SFS, I am highly offended that you are not using an abbreviation for my name. I demand you create one.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 04, 2012, 05:43:01 pm »

I am not suspicious of him for voting a lurker.  Read my posts.

Ok, ok I read them and maybe I was oversimplifying, but doesn't that make Green Opal just as suspicious? I mean insomniac obviously has different reasons for using his vote than you do, but we just had like a whole page of trollvotes. I just do NOT find a vote to get a lurker to talk suspicious. I'm not gonna do it myself but I find it odd that you are really serious about your vote.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 04, 2012, 05:44:36 pm »

I'm ok with a quick topic

O: You yourself made a pedobear reference in the comment you said you would destroy anyone who referenced it. And I guess now I have too, better destroy one of us!
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 04, 2012, 05:45:38 pm »

I am down with the QT, yo.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 04, 2012, 05:45:51 pm »

People I'd like to vote for but can't because I have one vote and Axxle hasn't responded yet:

Insomniac
Theorel (the only Dark Horse left)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 04, 2012, 05:47:16 pm »

People I'd like to vote for but can't because I have one vote and Axxle hasn't responded yet:

Insomniac

Glooble?
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 04, 2012, 05:47:31 pm »

Insomniac

Seriously, though, give people a chance to (A) get home from work and (B) read the 11 and a half million pages we've already generated.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: June 04, 2012, 05:47:39 pm »

I might use . instead.  That wouldnt cause much problem would it?

OK, it's not going to be possible for me to play this game without humor.  It's who I am, and the game is supposed to be fun.  I typed and deleted (about 3 times) in my opening post the following, and should have just left it in:

I will be using humor (and potentially emoticons) in my posts.  If that gets me lynched, so be it.  This is a game of evaluations, and if I am lynched because I say something intended to be funny, it will help me evaluate my game experience.

You have all been warned!
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #286 on: June 04, 2012, 05:47:56 pm »

Ok, I have caught up (though by the time I finish typing this there will be 8 million new posts.) In no particular order:

I am fine with the quicktopic.
I have never played forum Mafia, only IRL at parties and things. I have been following MII and MIII pretty religiously though, and had a blast as an observer, trying to predict who might turn up scum.

What else do people want to know? My RL occupation is currently waiting tables because I have no idea what I want to do with my life. My undergrad major was playwriting. I write a lot of plays, short stories and poetry and am engaged in submitting all of these things to contests and journals.

Jo and I are acquainted in real life, but we live in different cities.

So far no one is sticking out to me as particularly suspicious. I'm almost certain Jo's scum claim was facetious, and hell, I might have done the same thing given the setup. O's playstyle seems similar enough to his MIII play that it gives me no useful information. Pops does seem to be being unhelpful and belligerent, but that doesn't really read as scum to me, since I feel like scum would want people to like them.

Green Opal: I assume you have no real suspicion that I am scum, since at the time of your post you had literally nothing to base suspicion on. If you just voted to drag me out of the woodwork, then congratulations - you've succeeded.

I'll be on for an hour or so yet, so you'll probably hear more from me soon.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 04, 2012, 05:48:00 pm »

Ok, so a few things about me.

I work in a restaurant. While I am at work (usually 7 in the morning to 3 in the afternoon) I have absolutely no computer access. I am on my feet, waiting tables.

Today I had to wait a very long time for a bus and didn't end up getting home until 5.

I was not expecting to come home on day one to 11 pages of forum! I am up to page eight and decided to post just let you all know I exist, but damn this is a lot to digest. I will sa something substansive as soon as I have read through and caught up.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 04, 2012, 05:48:06 pm »

Glooble posted, but I think it got lost in the flood.

He/him

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 04, 2012, 05:48:38 pm »

@SFS - I am starting to think that O employees a Day 1 strategy equivalent to "Always Play Random" In Rock-Paper Scissors Lizard Spock.

It's unbeatable, but it also doesn't win. 

He doesn't provide enough explicit dirt to get lynched, but he also doesn't provide any information to make anything he says especially trustworthy.  He will live through the day - Mafia won't nightkill him because he's been crazy enough to attract some suspicion - and then he can start playing for real the next day.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 04, 2012, 05:48:53 pm »

Oh wow, my quote of Glooble was in response to Galzria thinking he was still a lurker. Don't know why it didn't tell me new posts had come up. Disregard that.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 04, 2012, 05:50:49 pm »

Oh wow, my quote of Glooble was in response to Galzria thinking he was still a lurker. Don't know why it didn't tell me new posts had come up. Disregard that.

Thanks Dsell,, I had missed it.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Green Opal

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 04, 2012, 05:51:21 pm »

Unvote. Also, fine with a quicktopic.
I fully understand, Glooble. I'm slightly dreading going to sleep in an hour or so and seeing how much thread there'll be by that point, especially given it was very inconveniently not be a bank holiday then... And yes, my vote was purely for the purpose of gathering information, you've not (yet) said anything to rouse any suspicion from me.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 04, 2012, 05:52:21 pm »

@SFS - I am starting to think that O employees a Day 1 strategy equivalent to "Always Play Random" In Rock-Paper Scissors Lizard Spock.

He doesn't provide enough explicit dirt to get lynched, but he also doesn't provide any information to make anything he says especially trustworthy.  He will live through the day - Mafia won't nightkill him because he's been crazy enough to attract some suspicion - and then he can start playing for real the next day.

Honestly, nobody's ever confronted me with a strategy and convinced me its actually better.

"Be silent and out of the way as VT" seems like crap to me since it just provides a great hole for the mafia to hide under aswell.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 04, 2012, 05:53:37 pm »

I'm slightly dreading going to sleep in an hour or so and seeing how much thread there'll be by that point, especially given it was very inconveniently not be a bank holiday then...

Short answer? Don't sleep.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 04, 2012, 05:54:47 pm »

VOLTGLOSS - Can you tell us newbies what the purpose and potential use of the discussion thread is, and why would someone potentially object?

The discussion thread would be for people not playing the game, but reading the thread, to discuss their thoughts/suspicions/wild theories about the goings-on.  Current players would NOT be given access to the quicktopic.  Players who die during the course of the game may ask to join the quicktopic, unless they were Mafia (in which case they would be excluded for having additional information - i.e., knowledge of the other members of their Mafia team).

As to why someone would object - when the idea of discussion topics was first floated, some people had (and still have) objections.  See http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=2576.0 for a fulsome discussion of the pros and cons.  I personally do not care either way, which is why I have asked the players themselves to weigh in on whether they are comfortable with a discussion quicktopic existing.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 04, 2012, 05:55:36 pm »

Vote: Quicktopic

@O: Puppies of large dogs are cute. I've not encountered puppies of yappy-type dogs enough times to form an opinion on them.
I'm fine with smart children, but there are a lot of obnoxious, loud, undisciplined children that I prefer to stay clear of me.
I think this is where I say: God Bless America.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 04, 2012, 05:56:12 pm »

Honestly, nobody's ever confronted me with a strategy and convinced me its actually better.

"Be silent and out of the way as VT" seems like crap to me since it just provides a great hole for the mafia to hide under aswell.

One big issue on Day 1 is that there's 15 of us. We just can't all be crazy active. It leads to ... well, to this madness.

He/him

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 04, 2012, 05:57:18 pm »

One big issue on Day 1 is that there's 15 of us. We just can't all be crazy active. It leads to ... well, to this madness.

I'm not saying we all need to be like me. That'd be terrifying. I'm saying we need SOME people to be like me.

If we're all like me there's still an easy mafia cover.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: June 04, 2012, 05:58:12 pm »

Then again, if only you are like you there's still an easy mafia cover ... for you.

He/him
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 139  All

Page created in 1.885 seconds with 19 queries.