Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 100  All

Author Topic: Apparently this is where people talk when it's night  (Read 294222 times)

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Any void left by Mafia I?
« Reply #75 on: June 07, 2012, 11:12:02 pm »

I meant what I said about PMing everyone Jester as their role just to see what would happen.
I was just thinking that!  But I'd probably also make them all 1-shot vigilantes and not reveal NK roles.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 08, 2012, 12:08:46 am »

I meant what I said about PMing everyone Jester as their role just to see what would happen.
I was just thinking that!  But I'd probably also make them all 1-shot vigilantes and not reveal NK roles.

A game with no mafia.  Have a couple of Serial Killers, and all the town are X-shot Vigilantes.

chwhite

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 08, 2012, 12:19:57 am »

I also have a story of some IRL friends who played a Mafia game where the mod gave everyone Vanilla Town.  (I wasn't actually in that game.)  I'm not surprised to see other groups doing it.
To discard or not to discard?  That is the question.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 08, 2012, 12:20:46 am »

I also have a story of some IRL friends who played a Mafia game where the mod gave everyone Vanilla Town.  (I wasn't actually in that game.)  I'm not surprised to see other groups doing it.

I was the first lynch in a game like that.

So... hard.. to not... laugh..

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 08, 2012, 12:22:02 am »

I was the first lynch in a game like that.

So... hard.. to not... laugh..

Why am I completely not surprised? ;)
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 08, 2012, 12:23:45 am »

I didn't claim Jester, if that's what you're thinking...

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 08, 2012, 12:39:18 am »

I didn't claim Jester, if that's what you're thinking...

That's why they lynched you then, now isn't it?
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 08, 2012, 08:54:24 am »

I vote we keep it at 2 mafia games simultaneously at once.

I have no horse in the race, since I've sworn myself off of forum Mafia games, but I don't see the need to place a cap on the number of games. These posts no longer show up on the news feed, right? So the increased traffic doesn't interfere with non-Mafia players. It would just increase the number of new threads in the subforum.

I could definitely see a limit of the number of games a player can participate in, but even that should probably be up to the individual on whether he can handle it or not. Robz apparently is a multi-tasking fool. Even then, I'm sure that his games suffer a little bit, but he seems to be handling it just fine. I suppose that's one benefit of playing by forum; you aren't under so much pressure to respond right away.

It would seem that if there are enough players interested in a new game, there's no reason to cap it at two simultaneous games. Since each "day" could last up to 2 weeks, it'd be unfortunate to have people waiting in the wings for so long.
A man has no signature

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 08, 2012, 10:13:58 am »

I wonder if the WW's of the world would be fine with a forked forum... mafia.dominostrategy.com... where we could maintain our Domino themed games and our sense of community - but not be mucking up the boards.  It would also let us keep post counts.

As someone who didn't like mafia showing up at first, I can sympathize with those who don't want to see 7 things of mafia up on the recent unread posts list, especially since once it gets rolling, it always stays up there.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
« Reply #84 on: June 08, 2012, 10:21:17 am »

I wonder if the WW's of the world would be fine with a forked forum... mafia.dominostrategy.com... where we could maintain our Domino themed games and our sense of community - but not be mucking up the boards.  It would also let us keep post counts.

As someone who didn't like mafia showing up at first, I can sympathize with those who don't want to see 7 things of mafia up on the recent unread posts list, especially since once it gets rolling, it always stays up there.
Alas, I have but one +1 to give. Well, I guess I can make a post, so that's sort of 2?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 08, 2012, 10:46:35 am »

sorry, I'm picturing DominoStrategy.com. Somehow I don't see it being quite the same sort of community...

I'm happy to do the whole game in a QT or offsite or something if that would make people happy.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 08, 2012, 10:51:33 am »

sorry, I'm picturing DominoStrategy.com. Somehow I don't see it being quite the same sort of community...

I'm happy to do the whole game in a QT or offsite or something if that would make people happy.

I started it with a typo, but then when I thought about how funny it would be to have a deep strategy articles, game log analysis, and a youtube channel of mexican train dominos, I decided to keep it and run with it.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 08, 2012, 10:52:22 am »

Alas, I have but one +1 to give. Well, I guess I can make a post, so that's sort of 2?

Oh - I'm not sure if you noticed, but you can actually "ignore" the forum games boards now if you are so inclined.

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 08, 2012, 11:02:23 am »

Oh - I'm not sure if you noticed, but you can actually "ignore" the forum games boards now if you are so inclined.
No, I can't...?

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 08, 2012, 11:03:17 am »

Should we all just join mafiascum.net?

I typed this facetiously to start but now I'm kinda thinking about it seriously. 

theory

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #90 on: June 08, 2012, 11:11:27 am »

No, I can't...?
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?action=profile;area=ignoreboards

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 08, 2012, 11:13:50 am »

No, I can't...?
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?action=profile;area=ignoreboards
Well, I was half-serious, and half-joking. But there are reasons I'd want to not totally ignore it, without having thousands of posts popping up.... How does this ignore thing work, anyway? Somebody post something while I'm testing it out...

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 08, 2012, 11:14:43 am »

Test post per WW's request.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 08, 2012, 11:16:43 am »

Test post per WW's request.

I am also posting offensive things about WW.

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 08, 2012, 11:17:57 am »

Interesting. It still took me less than 4 minutes to notice these.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 08, 2012, 11:18:09 am »

Should we all just join mafiascum.net?

I typed this facetiously to start but now I'm kinda thinking about it seriously.

I've considered it, because as others have pointed out, I'm addicted.  That said, I like this community.  I don't know anyone over there... I'd really like to get WW or Geronimoooo in a game.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 08, 2012, 11:18:33 am »

So what does it do?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 08, 2012, 11:22:16 am »

hey theory, I don't know if you've ever considered doing an April Fools prank with the site (there are many tantalizing possibilities, especially if you could rope DXV into helping) but remaking the front page into DominoStrategy.com would be pretty hilarious.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 08, 2012, 11:22:28 am »

So what does it do?
Um, nothing? I can see that there's a post been made, but it doesn't flash up blue. Should have checked to see if it posts it to my 'unread posts' - will do that the next time somebody posts. And if I click into the board, the 'new' stuff still shows up.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 08, 2012, 11:29:49 am »

hey theory, I don't know if you've ever considered doing an April Fools prank with the site (there are many tantalizing possibilities, especially if you could rope DXV into helping) but remaking the front page into DominoStrategy.com would be pretty hilarious.

I am curious about the difference between opening with a 4/3 domino vs. a 5/2 domino. I imagine it isn't especially impactful but I'm a newbie when it comes to Dominos.

Oh, and you can discuss engine building as well read: Rube Goldberg machines.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 100  All

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 20 queries.