Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 100  All

Author Topic: Apparently this is where people talk when it's night  (Read 294033 times)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: Any void left by Mafia I?
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2012, 03:42:36 pm »

As I said in post #10 there, and Pops gave me the correct terminology for, I would be very open to a semi-open game. We don't know what's active in the game, but have a list of what could be. I will happily play with multiple scum factions, but probably prefer just one. And the more people the merrier I think.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 03:47:15 pm by Galzria »
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2012, 04:24:59 pm »

It's not my original flavor idea, but looking over the possibilities, I think I've got a workable list for a semi-open 13-player game.  The role list I'm looking at using is:

- Vanilla Townie
- Cop
- One-Shot Cop
- Doctor
- One-Shot Doctor
- Vigilante
- One-Shot Vigilante
- Roleblocker
- One-Shot Roleblocker
- Innocent Child
- Mason
- Mafia Goon
- Mafia Godfather
- Mafia Roleblocker
- Serial Killer

Cop, Doctor, and Serial Killer we're all now familiar with.
Vigilante is a Townie who can kill someone at night.
Innocent Child is a Townie who is publicly confirmed by the moderator to be a Townie (at the start of Day 1).
Masons are Townies who know each others' identities and can communicate at night via PM.
Roleblockers are like Jailkeepers, except they don't protect their target from being killed.  They just stop the target from using their nighttime ability.
Godfathers are Mafia who, when investigated by a Cop, appear to be Town.
And a "one-shot" role means they can only use their power once during the game.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2012, 04:27:38 pm »

Love it. Absolutely in.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2012, 04:39:25 pm »

In for anything.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2012, 04:39:49 pm »

I'm in for anything as well.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2012, 04:43:40 pm »

In for anything.

Nice even 500 post count. /suspicious

Mafia Record:

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2012, 04:45:02 pm »

I'd be up if there's no jesters  ;D

Also, is Driver a real role or just one a friend made up? Because thats terrible too.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2012, 04:49:03 pm »

Also, is Driver a real role or just one a friend made up? Because thats terrible too.

You just don't want the Jester in so you don't have to break your claim streak of BEING one! (Not that I entirely disagree with you about that! ;))

Mafia Record:

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2012, 04:53:08 pm »

No Jesters, I promise.  :)

You mean Bus Driver?  Yep, it's a real role.  Switches two people around so that night actions targeting one actually target the other.  So if Mafia Galzria tries to kill Robz, and Cop Tables tries to investigate Jotheonah, and Bus Driver O decides to drive Robz and Jotheonah... then Galzria kills Jotheonah and Tables investigates Robz.

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Bus_Driver

It's interesting, but a bit daunting to include in my first moderated game.  So, no, no Bus Drivers here.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2012, 04:55:34 pm »

That's a good semi-open list.

I prefer the Innocent Child variant that lets the Innocent Child PM the mod whenever he wants the mod to confirm his Innocence.  It's not too powerful and is far more interesting.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2012, 04:55:48 pm »

No Jesters, I promise.  :)

You mean Bus Driver?  Yep, it's a real role.  Switches two people around so that night actions targeting one actually target the other.  So if Mafia Galzria tries to kill Robz, and Cop Tables tries to investigate Jotheonah, and Bus Driver O decides to drive Robz and Jotheonah... then Galzria kills Jotheonah and Tables investigates Robz.

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Bus_Driver

It's interesting, but a bit daunting to include in my first moderated game.  So, no, no Bus Drivers here.

I had a Mafia Driver, your version brings up some questions:

Can mafia kill other mafia?
O is Mafia. O Kills Voltglass, but Voltglass and O were driven.

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2012, 04:59:46 pm »

To be honest I'm probably going to sit out until we get to games with crazy roles for everyone. I much prefer messing with people and trying to work things out than writing essays about how X's essay about how suspicious Y is of Z make him suspicious and actually Z isn't suspicious becuase he wrote a good essay about Y's suspicions of himself because of how he wanted to get the game moving by casting random suspicion just to provoke a reaction which backfired.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2012, 05:12:02 pm »

I prefer the Innocent Child variant that lets the Innocent Child PM the mod whenever he wants the mod to confirm his Innocence.  It's not too powerful and is far more interesting.

I did see that variant, pops.  If you find it makes for a more interesting role, I'm all for it.  Thanks.

I had a Mafia Driver, your version brings up some questions:

Can mafia kill other mafia?
O is Mafia. O Kills Voltglass, but Voltglass and O were driven.

It's questions like that that make me want to not use Bus Drivers in my first game.  :)  But if I were modding and the question came up, I think I'd rule as follows:

- Mafia can inadvertently kill other mafia.  So if O (Mafia) kills Voltgloss (Town), and Robz (Bus Driver) drives Voltgloss and Galzria (Mafia), then O will inadvertently kill Galzria.

- BUT, mafia can't inadvertently kill themselves, based on the overarching rule that a role can't target themselves under any circumstances.  So if O kills Voltgloss, and Robz drives Voltgloss and O, O doesn't inadvertently kill himself.  He just gets a "no result."

That's my gut reaction, anyway.

To be honest I'm probably going to sit out until we get to games with crazy roles for everyone. I much prefer messing with people and trying to work things out than writing essays about how X's essay about how suspicious Y is of Z make him suspicious and actually Z isn't suspicious becuase he wrote a good essay about Y's suspicions of himself because of how he wanted to get the game moving by casting random suspicion just to provoke a reaction which backfired.

Fair enough, TINAS.  I can see the appeal of a crazy-roles game, I just don't feel comfortable modding one until I have at least one "normal" game under my belt.  One question:  for crazy-roles games, which works better - semi-open or closed?  In a closed game I can see players making up roles for them to have, which definitely fits under the "crazy" category, but also seems really daunting.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2012, 05:21:06 pm »

You mean a closed game with nonstandard roles where a mafia is about to get lynched and he claims a role that he himself made up on the spot?  And then someone else gets lynched because they want to keep the town Time Traveler alive?

I don't even consider that a "crazy" game.

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2012, 05:26:21 pm »

No. I've never played a "closed" game in my life and think the idea of one is stupid. It would be open or at least semi-open.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2012, 05:28:18 pm »

No. I've never played a "closed" game in my life and think the idea of one is stupid. It would be open or at least semi-open.

I've never played an Open game, but I'm finding this current closed one fascinating!
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2012, 05:31:45 pm »

It's not my original flavor idea, but looking over the possibilities, I think I've got a workable list for a semi-open 13-player game.  The role list I'm looking at using is:

- Vanilla Townie
- Cop
- One-Shot Cop
- Doctor
- One-Shot Doctor
- Vigilante
- One-Shot Vigilante
- Roleblocker
- One-Shot Roleblocker
- Innocent Child
- Mason
- Mafia Goon
- Mafia Godfather
- Mafia Roleblocker
- Serial Killer

Innocent Child is a Townie who is publicly confirmed by the moderator to be a Townie (at the start of Day 1).
Masons are Townies who know each others' identities and can communicate at night via PM.
Roleblockers are like Jailkeepers, except they don't protect their target from being killed.  They just stop the target from using their nighttime ability.
Based on the description you give, what is the point of having ONE mason? Or am I missing something?

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2012, 05:32:42 pm »

There would be more than one, if there was one at all.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2012, 05:38:44 pm »

- Vanilla Townie
- Cop
- One-Shot Cop
- Doctor
- One-Shot Doctor
- Vigilante
- One-Shot Vigilante
- Roleblocker
- One-Shot Roleblocker
- Innocent Child
- Mason
- Mafia Goon
- Mafia Godfather
- Mafia Roleblocker
- Serial Killer

Based on the description you give, what is the point of having ONE mason? Or am I missing something?

Those are possible roles, not definite roles.  So there would be two or three masons or none at all.
Mason is a a really good role and one of my favorites.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2012, 05:43:45 pm »

What TINAS and pops said.  Masons would only show up as a group.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2012, 06:02:11 pm »

If you run this Volt I'm definetly in
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2012, 06:23:37 pm »

I suggest making a truly Dominion-themed Mafia game, where the roles are renamed.  The roleblocker would be a Moat.  The Masons can be Conspirators.  You could add in Jester and JoaT (someone linked it in another thread and I liked it -- a character with multiple one-shot abilties).

I would be interested but I think I'll be overwhelmed with Mafia III, unless I die early.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2012, 06:33:18 pm »

I suggest making a truly Dominion-themed Mafia game, where the roles are renamed.  The roleblocker would be a Moat.  The Masons can be Conspirators.  You could add in Jester and JoaT (someone linked it in another thread and I liked it -- a character with multiple one-shot abilties).

Stop reading my mind.  :)

No Jester though, I promise.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2012, 06:53:30 pm »

Feel free to set it up anytime V, and we can start getting an official signup list going there. ;D

Mafia Record:

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2012, 07:33:39 pm »

Mafia IV topic will be posted this evening.  Here's hoping it will be a fun ride.  :)

Edit:  And, the topic's live!  Hope you to see you all there. 
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 10:18:13 pm by Voltgloss »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 100  All

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 20 queries.