Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Clash of the somewhat questionable engines  (Read 646 times)

ycz6

• Minion
  • Respect: +412
    • View Profile
Clash of the somewhat questionable engines
« on: May 29, 2012, 10:20:42 pm »

ycz6 vs Fumanchu, 5/19/2012

cards in supply: Bishop, Black Market, Chapel, Gardens, Goons, Great Hall, Library, Oasis, Scout, and Vault
  The point tracker will be available.

Log: http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201205/29/game-20120529-155038-25b8489a.html

---

After some vetoing which I basically ignore, I notice Chapel/Bishop right away, and look around for Golden Deck counters. Goons and Vault are red flags, especially the discard attack of Goons, but I figure neither will be fast enough. I forget to check one thing, though, and that turns out to screw me.

I open Chapel/Bishop against Fumanchu's Chapel/Black Market. I trash down, picking up Great Halls where I can, while he pulls a Mountebank from the BM deck :( And I am sad.

I keep trashing down, hoping I can grab and Bishop Provinces quickly enough to stay ahead. I grab an Oasis, and my first Silver on turn 9; in the meantime, he Chapels down as well, and picks up a Goons and a few Golds in the same time. I pick up a Scout on turn 10, thinking maybe this will be the time.

Well, maybe it is. I draw my whole deck the next turn, Bishopping a Curse and buying a Gold. He grabs a Province on the same turn. We both continue buying Great Halls, and Provinces where possible. I Bishop my Chapel and pick up another Scout, while he gets a Walled Village from the BM deck on turn 15, which lets him play two Goons and buy three Oases the next turn for 6 VPs.

From there on, it's a race to stay ahead. I do my best to Bishop as much as possible (Province on 16, Gold on 18) while still affording big cards, while he trudges along with his hodgepodge of cards, picking up some Provinces, a Tunnel, and a Gardens. On turn 21, up by 1 point, I buy the penultimate Province and hope for the best; sadly it is not to be. He has a Goons plus $10, and proceeds to win by 2.

---

Still not entirely sure what the best strategy here was, though I'm pretty sure neither of us took it. Goons/BM, perhaps, or Chapel into thereof? Thoughts appreciated.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.924 seconds with 20 queries.