Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: New Base Gold Image Released  (Read 20209 times)

Mister Alex

• Scout
  • Respect: +116
    • View Profile
Re: New Base Gold Image Released
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2012, 12:57:08 pm »
+1

Does anyone else always think of a CSI:Miami opening pun when they see the 8) ?

(The correct response is eYEAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!)

So I guess you think that symbol should be officially called...

8)

...an emoti-Caine.

YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2012, 01:11:24 pm »

I'll bet five bucks (read: I'm not betting anything) that the reveal today will be either the new Curse, or they'll show what Ruins or Shelters look like.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

chwhite

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +442
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2012, 01:14:37 pm »

Does anyone else always think of a CSI:Miami opening pun when they see the 8) ?

YEEAAAAAHH I do.  Sometimes.
To discard or not to discard?  That is the question.

Gansura

• Alchemist
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2012, 03:26:54 pm »
+2

8)

That emoticon should always be a hyperlink, as this one is.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2012, 11:18:26 pm »

There's now a new Duchy image released:

http://www.riograndegames.com/news.html?id=33

Nice. I like the VP number in the lower-right corner. That's a solution that didn't even occur to me.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2012, 12:05:11 am »

for those of us to lazy to click the link

Uh, the image is visible in the post I quoted, on the previous page of this thread. I removed it on purpose.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2012, 01:00:18 am »

Uh, the image is visible in the post I quoted, on the previous page of this thread. I removed it on purpose.

He had me thinking there was a NEW image released.  Tricksy hobbit.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

kn1tt3r

• Minion
  • Respect: +278
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2012, 01:06:41 am »

The pictures look really nice, but I'm a bit sceptical about how they work out in practice. I mean, the reduced design of the 'old' cards does have its use, and it could be a bit of a visual overkill with all those big graphics lurking around.

angrybirds

• Ambassador
  • Respect: +14
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2012, 08:57:52 am »

Sorry, as will I.

BubbleBoy

• Navigator
  • Did you say Black Market?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2012, 12:20:02 pm »

The pictures look really nice, but I'm a bit sceptical about how they work out in practice. I mean, the reduced design of the 'old' cards does have its use, and it could be a bit of a visual overkill with all those big graphics lurking around.
I was worried about the same thing when I heard that the images would have art from the top bar to the bottom. And if the images were busier, like Feast's or something, that might be a problem. However, the Gold and the Duchy that I've seen have each used a very small range of colors and aren't too distracting, so I don't think visual overkill will be a problem. That being said, I'm now wondering whether Silver will have a silver border...
...Or, I guess you could just buy a Province.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2012, 12:21:48 pm »

I was worried about the same thing when I heard that the images would have art from the top bar to the bottom. And if the images were busier, like Feast's or something, that might be a problem. However, the Gold and the Duchy that I've seen have each used a very small range of colors and aren't too distracting, so I don't think visual overkill will be a problem. That being said, I'm now wondering whether Silver will have a silver border...

I am 99% certain it won't.

BubbleBoy

• Navigator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2012, 12:57:34 pm »

Why not? I guess it could be confusing for brand new players, but I don't expect too many brand new players to be buying the Base Cards set anyway.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2012, 01:00:36 pm »
+1

Why not? I guess it could be confusing for brand new players, but I don't expect too many brand new players to be buying the Base Cards set anyway.

Because all the Treasure cards have a gold border -- look at the current Gold, Silver and Copper, and Bank, Cache, Contraband, etc.

BubbleBoy

• Navigator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2012, 02:01:26 pm »

I am quite aware. But still, I wouldn't be bothered by a silver-bordered Silver or a copper-bordered Copper.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2012, 02:51:52 pm »

But still, I wouldn't be bothered by a silver-bordered Silver or a copper-bordered Copper.

I would be bothered by that. I really like the consistency of Dominion cards. All Treasure cards are yellow. All Victory cards are green. All Reaction cards are blue. Etc.

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2012, 03:11:50 pm »

I'm pretty happy with how these are looking so far. I wasn't originally planning on buying this basic cards set (since I don't need to replace the basic cards I have), but if the silver and copper look as good as the gold does, then I probably will, to make the treasure cards easier to distinguish.

dondon151

• 2012 US Champion
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2012, 03:16:59 pm »
+1

You guys know what I want?

Entirely holographic base set cards a la Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh.

There ain't nothing else that screams "Dominion geek" as much as that.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2012, 11:51:52 pm »
+1

Posted by someone at Origins who purchased a Base Cards set:

"Extra seems to be some type of card ... Says you use it by swiping it across your smartphone but I don't know how that would do any good "

From Rio Grande's press release about the delay:

"We have decided to postpone the release of the Dominion: Base Card item for 3-4 weeks in order to add something to the box that we hope everyone will find useful."

How is a smartphone swipey thing supposed to be useful to everyone?  I know I don't have a smartphone.

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2012, 11:53:28 pm »

Posted by someone at Origins who purchased a Base Cards set:

"Extra seems to be some type of card ... Says you use it by swiping it across your smartphone but I don't know how that would do any good "

From Rio Grande's press release about the delay:

"We have decided to postpone the release of the Dominion: Base Card item for 3-4 weeks in order to add something to the box that we hope everyone will find useful."

How is a smartphone swipey thing supposed to be useful to everyone?  I know I don't have a smartphone.

Maybe it links to the official app page
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

Tmwinand

• Ambassador
  • Respect: +30
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2012, 12:25:49 am »

Or maybe a free trial for the new online site?

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2012, 03:09:48 am »
+4

I was really really hoping it would be the Blue Dog promo card.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2012, 06:05:21 pm »

Someone on BGG said they've uploading pics of the new cards, and they're currently pending.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2012, 06:52:39 pm »
+2

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
  • Respect: +749
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2012, 06:54:43 pm »

Oooh.
I like Province. Curse is interesting too...
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2012, 06:56:47 pm »

Oooh.
I like Province. Curse is interesting too...

Yeah, it kinda ties in with Ill-Gotten Gains.

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 1.774 seconds with 20 queries.