Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12  All

Author Topic: Resistance: The Empire Must Fall  (Read 31331 times)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: Resistance: The Empire Must Fall
« Reply #175 on: June 10, 2012, 11:36:37 pm »

I've voted No, for pretty much already stated previous reasons. I'm not on it, and TINAS is. One of those I KNOW hurts Resistances chances, the other I suspect does. Combined, I see no reason to vote for this assignment at this time.
Can you explain why you distrust TINAS?

He has consistently and relentlessly tried to twist my words. I never (despite his assurances) asked, or suggested that people vote down Assignment 4 on Mission 1.

Instead, I said "If presented the chance" I could prove my RO status. And that is a VERY different statement. I was more than clear (in the original post, and subsequently) that I did NOT expect it to get that far.

While a few people (eH, Robz) noted it as a strange comment, neither kept returning to it, trying again and again to suggest my statement had been more along the lines of the former example, rather than the latter (in fact, eH has noted on multiple occasions that he understood completely what I had said).

Thus, I must be inclined to suspect someone who would go so far out of their way to discredit me, by twisting my words to suit his own needs.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

WrathOfGlod

• Navigator
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 11, 2012, 12:16:51 am »

I get what you are saying, and my estimate of P(TINAS Spy|Galzria not Spy) has gone up, but i still think you are more likely to be a spy than TINAS

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 11, 2012, 04:12:38 am »

So here's the thing -- Assuming that TINAS, WoG and Robz all approve the mission, I am now the swing vote.  And I want to vote for this team.  I started writing up a big post rationalizing why I should vote yes for this team.  But the further I got with it, the less certain I was, and now I think I'm going to vote no.

I still find TINAS most trustworthy (despite Galzria's contention, though it is noted and it puts me just a little on edge) and Morgrim the least.  Everyone else is hovering around neutral... Robz is a few points up because of Morgrim's no vote to my team proposal, and same for WoG (though Morgrim's second "no" vote carries less weight because it could be for the sake of consistency). 

I'm torn on Galzria.  I have a Resistance read on him, but I can't pinpoint any particular tells that make me think that.  The problem is that I have a similar, stronger read on TINAS.  The conflict between them is tricky.  High level spy technique so that, when one is outed, the other has immense trust?  Two Resistance members with bad reads on each other?  Or (most likely, I think) one of the two actually is a spy.  But in that case, I trust TINAS more than Galz right now.

All this is too say that, if I exclude myself, this team of 3 is what I'd pick as well.  But excluding myself is really bad.  I want to rationalize it away, but I can't get around it.  But if I reject this team, I have no idea who WoG will nominate, or Morgrim if we get to that point.  Those prospects might be worse.

So is there any other strategic consideration that should push my vote one way or another?  If the team goes through and the mission passes, hurrah, but if it fails, maybe it's worth it to know that there is a spy among the people I'd felt most positive about.  I'd really appreciate insights from everyone on this.

Unless someone makes a case for why I should push it through, I think I'm going to vote no.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 11, 2012, 04:16:10 am »

Robz is a few points up because of Morgrim's no vote to my team proposal, and same for WoG (though Morgrim's second "no" vote carries less weight because it could be for the sake of consistency). 

To clarify -- I meant to say that WoG is also a few points up, but still below Robz, because Morgrim voted no on Robz' proposal.

WrathOfGlod

• Navigator
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 11, 2012, 09:44:32 am »

I voted no for the same reason you are planning on it, I wanted to be on the team. However I have a chance of getting on the team while you don't (I plan on putting myself on the team if made leader and Morgrim is a likely spy so you won't get on the team unless you are a spy).

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: June 11, 2012, 11:18:07 am »

I voted no for the same reason you are planning on it, I wanted to be on the team. However I have a chance of getting on the team while you don't (I plan on putting myself on the team if made leader and Morgrim is a likely spy so you won't get on the team unless you are a spy).

You could put me on the team. And it's more likely for Morgrim to take me if he's spy than if he's resistance since he'd probably avoid his partner. Thanks for your thoughts on this mission. They are interesting...

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 11, 2012, 01:04:11 pm »

Not allowed to discuss it, but I am no longer suspicious of Morgrim.  In fact, I no longer have any clue when I should be suspicious of Morgrim.  Ugh.

Accordingly, I no longer view Morgrim's no votes as incriminating or affirming of anything.  TINAS is still positive for his mission 1 posts, but Robz is neutral again.  Morgrim is now neutral.  WoG is still neutral.  Galzria is closer to neutral than before because part of my suspicion was due to Galzria defending Morgrim early on (when Morgrim strangely voted yes, Galzria tried hardest to make sense of his explanation).

So I'm neutral on nearly all fronts now, from an analytical standpoint.  From gut instinct I distrust Robz and WoG more now, simply because they haven't made much of an impact in the discussion so far (or at least that's how I feel).

This also means that almost all the reasons I entertained for approving this team are gone now, and I'm OK with letting Morgrim take control.

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 12, 2012, 04:41:53 pm »

Mission 2.2 proposed by: Robz888:
Team Proposed: WrathOfGlod, Thisisnotasmile, Robz888
Voting YES: WrathOfGlod, Thisisnotasmile, Robz888
Voting NO: Morgrim7, Galzria, eHalcyon
Result: Yes - 3, No - 3
Proposal Fails

WrathOfGlod is the new leader. WoG, please propose a team

(Edit: New format is like the old one, but it's generated better. Yay for behind the scenes changes!)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 06:09:43 pm by Tables »
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

WrathOfGlod

• Navigator
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 13, 2012, 11:16:59 am »

Who do people want me to send. I am putting myself on the team but am open for people to give reasons for teams

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 13, 2012, 12:21:22 pm »

I'm happy for you to make exactly the same proposal.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 13, 2012, 12:33:10 pm »

So am I.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 13, 2012, 12:35:57 pm »

So am I.

Because it will probably fail again?

I have no suggestions for now, though I'd like to be on the team of course.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 13, 2012, 01:11:29 pm »

WOG, I really liked the team I proposed, and it was close to passing... Perhaps you, and then either me or TINAS, and... ?
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 13, 2012, 01:13:09 pm »

I'd rather see who Morgrim proposes.  Though maybe that won't help us at all, given his super unreadability.  ???

WrathOfGlod

• Navigator
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 13, 2012, 06:13:53 pm »

I like the team too but it is guaranteed to fail and then we have to vote for Morgrim's team so is it worth it?

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 13, 2012, 06:43:00 pm »

Is there still significant reason to be wary of Morgrim here?  I can't discuss it but... MIII...

And anyway, if we really don't want Morgrim's team, we can have Galzria veto it and let TINAS propose...

Er, actually, Galzria said he wants to avoid giving TINAS final decision on the team OR control of the plot card, which means he's going to have to accept this mission.  But if it has TINAS on it... um.  I don't know.  Refer to posts #157 and #173.

So you could propose the same team and there is a chance Galzria will approve it.

Either way, I prefer seeing what Morgrim does.  I will vote no unless I am on the team.

WrathOfGlod

• Navigator
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 13, 2012, 11:54:34 pm »

I propose the same team
WrathOfGlod, Robz888,ThisIsNotASmile

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 13, 2012, 11:56:18 pm »

I propose the same team
Disapprove. I wanna be on the team!!!
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 14, 2012, 12:14:00 am »

I propose the same team

Was that an actual proposal, or suggestion/idea?

Mafia Record:

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 14, 2012, 01:39:58 am »

Needs ##bold to be official, WoG.  ::)

WrathOfGlod

• Navigator
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: June 14, 2012, 08:10:34 am »

##I propose WrathOfGlod, Robz888,ThisIsNotASmile

Sorry about that

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 14, 2012, 06:32:37 pm »

I'll take Morgrim's vote above as an official no and the post at 4am GMT (post 191) as the start of the vote deadline timer
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 15, 2012, 10:57:22 am »

Bad news guys.  Am phone posting, do not have time to say much. Will be gome for at least 24hrs. so I am sending.a pm to Tables with my proposal amd vote if necesaary. sorry again, guys, I am flying to Japan.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

WrathOfGlod

• Navigator
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 15, 2012, 12:26:50 pm »

Bad news guys.  Am phone posting, do not have time to say much. Will be gome for at least 24hrs. so I am sending.a pm to Tables with my proposal amd vote if necesaary. sorry again, guys, I am flying to Japan.
Going to Japan to coordinate with your government handlers? xD
(Have fun in Japan, always wanted to visit there)

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 15, 2012, 12:53:19 pm »

Going to Japan to coordinate with your government handlers? xD
(Have fun in Japan, always wanted to visit there)
In tje airport at my layover. No, I am going to live there. :)

Mad, I tell you.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12  All

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 20 queries.