Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12  All

Author Topic: Resistance: The Empire Must Fall  (Read 31326 times)

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: Resistance: The Empire Must Fall
« Reply #150 on: June 08, 2012, 08:26:20 pm »

I think you have a point with Morgrim, I personally am interested in seeing his vote for the next mission which doesn't include him. I also think that I will probably vote yes on the next mission (unless it looks overly scummy) because as a resistance member control over the plot card is pretty important

If we let it go to the fourth mission, Morgrim proposes it and maybe it fails, but then TINAS gets control, and I would be OK with that.  It's just the Morgrim proposing that is a little iffy (pending his response).  Another option is that we approve Morgrim's proposal but Galzria vetos it with his plot card, and then TINAS proposes the team.  That would give positive points to Galzria in my book, and I would be OK with him distributing the plot card after that.  But that No Confidence may be more useful down the line.

The tough part here -- even if Morgrim did slip up (and it's hard to say because he IS kind of an oddball in the Mafia games), we have to remember that there are two spies around.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 08, 2012, 08:29:15 pm »

Well, you could play yourself out of a game that way. My question was honest. I have no real clue what I'm doing. I'll probably use my NC vote on the first mission that passes that kim not on, because I don't have any clue when better to use it. I've tried on multiple occasions to ask for advice and gotten none, so at this point I'm just going with whatever my instinct tells me, hence the no vote above.

If you want to think I'm a spy because I've never played this game before, don't know what to look for or how, and ask when I'm unsure, I don't know what to tell you.

That's one of the reasonable explanations i could think of. :P

I reiterate that it's typically better to vote no, just so we have more information.  WoG did bring up a good point that we might accept an earlier mission to make sure the Resistance controls the plot card distribution for the next round.  Of course, I'm not sure I want WoG to be the one controlling the next one.

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 09, 2012, 05:01:17 am »

For the record:

## I voted yes to that mission

WrathOfGlod

• Navigator
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 09, 2012, 11:40:50 am »

I think you have a point with Morgrim, I personally am interested in seeing his vote for the next mission which doesn't include him. I also think that I will probably vote yes on the next mission (unless it looks overly scummy) because as a resistance member control over the plot card is pretty important

If we let it go to the fourth mission, Morgrim proposes it and maybe it fails, but then TINAS gets control, and I would be OK with that.  It's just the Morgrim proposing that is a little iffy (pending his response).  Another option is that we approve Morgrim's proposal but Galzria vetos it with his plot card, and then TINAS proposes the team.  That would give positive points to Galzria in my book, and I would be OK with him distributing the plot card after that.  But that No Confidence may be more useful down the line.

The tough part here -- even if Morgrim did slip up (and it's hard to say because he IS kind of an oddball in the Mafia games), we have to remember that there are two spies around.
Remember we have to accept mission 4 because of no-confidence

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 09, 2012, 11:49:36 am »

For the record:

Confirming this and changing it on post 2. Apologies for the mistake

(I am more careful with votes on the boundary, which really matter, but should have double checked anyway)
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 09, 2012, 01:30:44 pm »

Remember we have to accept mission 4 because of no-confidence

Yeah, and both of my scenarios account for that.  I think I was unclear in the first scenario though.  I was saying that we could let it get to fourth proposal and let Morgrim pick the team.  We accept the team.  If Morgrim is a spy, the mission will likely fail.  The next leader is TINAS, who gets to distribute the plot card (with which I am fine).

And of course, if Galzria uses no-confidence then we can safely proceed to the fifth proposal.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 09, 2012, 01:36:33 pm »

For the record:

I don't think that changes my analysis.

Coming back to this -- that's interesting... I've voiced my reads on people.  On the first mission proposal phase TINAS and Galzria were suspicious of each other -- has that abated?  And I don't think anyone else has mentioned who they suspect.  I'd really like to hear more from you and Robz.  You guys have been rather less communicative than the others, so it's harder for me to place you guys.  So, what team would look "overly scummy" to you?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 09, 2012, 01:39:04 pm »

I was just about to mention that I am NOT fine with TINAS choosing the party, nor the role-card. So if I need to accept mission 2 or 3 to accomplish this (regardless of if I am on them), I will.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 09, 2012, 02:13:09 pm »

Okay, I'm checking here. Also, I have to pick the team. Most of the other teams somebody just came out and proposed it--I would actually like input, because I'm not sure what a good move for the Resistance is.

Since Morgrim has to vote, it's a good idea to put him on the mission, yes? Or do we not do that, because we don't trust him?

I was going to say that I didn't know why both TINAS and eHal voted against missions that they were on, but now I see that only eHal did that.

I will put myself on the mission I propose. Galzria and eHal were both part of the successful mission that passed, so do I want to include them? Or 1 of them, and somebody new?
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 09, 2012, 07:25:06 pm »

I was just about to mention that I am NOT fine with TINAS choosing the party, nor the role-card. So if I need to accept mission 2 or 3 to accomplish this (regardless of if I am on them), I will.

(Aside: careful of the terminology here.  We are on mission 2, proposal 2.  I think you mean you would accept proposal 2 or 3 if necessary.)

What if TINAS is part of the proposed team on both the second and third proposals?

Okay, I'm checking here. Also, I have to pick the team. Most of the other teams somebody just came out and proposed it--I would actually like input, because I'm not sure what a good move for the Resistance is.

Since Morgrim has to vote, it's a good idea to put him on the mission, yes? Or do we not do that, because we don't trust him?

I was going to say that I didn't know why both TINAS and eHal voted against missions that they were on, but now I see that only eHal did that.

I will put myself on the mission I propose. Galzria and eHal were both part of the successful mission that passed, so do I want to include them? Or 1 of them, and somebody new?

I would recommend waiting until Morgrim has made some sort of statement.

I voted no because there's a much larger chance of selecting a spy now that we're taking half the group.  I expected Morgrim to say "yes" and thought there was a good chance both you and TINAS would approve as well, but I didn't actually want the mission to go through this time.  Morgrim's no vote changes that a bit now -- I feel good about us three.

But I want to hear thoughts from TINAS and WoG.  And I'm still wondering who you suspect, Robz.  Same goes for WoG.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 09, 2012, 08:37:21 pm »

What kind of statement eHal? I am not a spy. I am also wondering whether or not Robz will choose me. If he does, another point against the spies. (assuming he chooses himself and he is not a spy) If he does not, we remain somewhat blind unless the mission fails. If it does, I assume good strategy would be to avoid both members of the party, as we do not know which is spy?
Oh, and about my mysterious 'no' vote (breaking the pattern) after I found out it was a good idea, I decided to change my ways.
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 10, 2012, 06:12:17 am »

Okay, here's my thoughts:

I don't really have any strong opinions about anyone. I'm more suspicious of Galzria than anyone because of the mission 1 thing. Been there done that. Not a strong opinion because I actually don't think a spy would be stupid enough to say what he said, but at the same time, neither would a RO. Not believing any of his backpeddling about it, but as I say, we all already know this.

I slightly-more-than-average trust Robz and eHalcyon, simply because they both pulled up Galzria on the day one thing, like I did. Neither of them did it as aggressively as I did, and as such Galzria hasn't hit back at either of them as much as he has at me. Nothing unexpected there then.

No reads at all on WrathOfGlod yet.

As for Morgrim7, well, I am now of the opinion that his mission one voting was just inexperience. There might be something more to it, but for now, I have no feelings either way.

WrathOfGlod

• Navigator
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 10, 2012, 09:09:42 am »

Not sure who the second spy is but I think Morgrim is the most likely to be a spy (possibly could be inexperience) but his mistakes have seemed to be things which could help spies out

WrathOfGlod

• Navigator
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 10, 2012, 09:11:12 am »

We can also be certain that at least 1 of TINAS+Robz is not a spy (not that useful but still)

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 10, 2012, 10:40:15 am »

We can also be certain that at least 1 of TINAS+Robz is not a spy (not that useful but still)

What makes you certain?

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: June 10, 2012, 10:44:14 am »

What kind of statement eHal? I am not a spy. I am also wondering whether or not Robz will choose me. If he does, another point against the spies. (assuming he chooses himself and he is not a spy) If he does not, we remain somewhat blind unless the mission fails. If it does, I assume good strategy would be to avoid both members of the party, as we do not know which is spy?
Oh, and about my mysterious 'no' vote (breaking the pattern) after I found out it was a good idea, I decided to change my ways.

If it fails, it is impossible to avoid all members of that group. This is a 3 person mission and I the next one is 4.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 10, 2012, 10:55:29 am »

If it fails, it is impossible to avoid all members of that group. This is a 3 person mission and I the next one is 4.
Oh. Dear. Robz?
Not sure who the second spy is but I think Morgrim is the most likely to be a spy (possibly could be inexperience) but his mistakes have seemed to be things which could help spies out
I believe it was on page 4 or 5 when someone said why voting 'yes' to everything was not a good idea, so I changed my voting habits.
Also, because my mistakes could have helped the spies out, they didn't.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 10, 2012, 10:56:37 am »

Typo: Even though my mistakes could have helped the spies out, they didn't.

Mad, I tell you.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 10, 2012, 12:09:26 pm »

I stand by exactly what I said before Mission 1. There's no "back peddling". TINAS continues to try and twist my words and the facts.

I would say exactly what I did, as an RO, every time. No reason not to.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 10, 2012, 12:31:26 pm »

Okay, I believe I am ready.

Mission 2.2: I propose Robz888, Thisisnotasmile, and WrathofGlod
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 10, 2012, 01:21:18 pm »

Like I said, I wanna be on the team.
Disapprove

Mad, I tell you.

WrathOfGlod

• Navigator
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 10, 2012, 05:10:17 pm »

What makes you certain?
If they were both spies then they wouldn't have voted in favor of a team containing both spies (2 "no"s equals resistance win)

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 10, 2012, 10:06:54 pm »

What makes you certain?
If they were both spies then they wouldn't have voted in favor of a team containing both spies (2 "no"s equals resistance win)

I think it should make you more confident, but not certain.  First of all, even though they both vote yes, they could be relying on everyone else to vote it down.  This is especially possible given that the likely swing vote was Morgrim, and he publicly voted no.  That almost guarantees that they could both vote yes without passing the mission, even if I voted yes alongside them.  There was no reason to expect you or Galzria to approve.

If it WAS approved and they really didn't want to go through, they could try to get Galzria to use No Confidence.  They could appeal to his suspicion of TINAS, or just point to the fact that they somehow achieved a majority.  That often indicates that a spy is on the mission (of course, this latter point would have been weak given Morgrim's vote record).

Finally, it would be a risky play, but if two spies go through and manage to coordinate, it would be extremely powerful for them.

In any case, I am actually considering voting yes this time.  I feel fairly confident about TINAS and Robz thanks to the results of the first mission proposal.  I'd feel better about it if I were on the team though.

Morgrim has already said no.  I'd like to hear from TINAS and Galzria.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 10, 2012, 10:27:23 pm »

I've voted No, for pretty much already stated previous reasons. I'm not on it, and TINAS is. One of those I KNOW hurts Resistances chances, the other I suspect does. Combined, I see no reason to vote for this assignment at this time.

Mafia Record:

WrathOfGlod

• Navigator
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 10, 2012, 11:16:38 pm »

I've voted No, for pretty much already stated previous reasons. I'm not on it, and TINAS is. One of those I KNOW hurts Resistances chances, the other I suspect does. Combined, I see no reason to vote for this assignment at this time.
Can you explain why you distrust TINAS?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12  All

Page created in 2.108 seconds with 20 queries.